Last Chance: Sack Him Now

Dusic

Or we are down without a real fight.

At least try something FFS.

Reed and Krueger are so weak if they put their own reputstion as stability merchants ahead of an absolutely obvious need to make a change.

Two weeks before the next league game. No brainer.

Given the state of our squad, the fixtures we have left and the general air of lethargy around the club at the moment, I don't think we are really that much of a prospect for any new guy coming in.

Very difficult task to turn this ship round with the remaining games. We are currently a club best given a wide berth by any half decent manager, better things over the horizon than SFC.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

It's absolutely baffling that the board would rather not risk a knee jerk appointment, as reported but put up with this. We could all see,he should have gone long before and knew what was coming, but amazingly the board knew better. To read the player gave up is a kick in the face, they'll still receive ther many tens of thousands this week. Marco silva till the end of season please and maybe we have fighting chance.

I hope they fire him, but I have a feeling they’re going to keep him for the duration, and they’re been working on their excuses for not firing him after that awful performance.

Still, I will be very disappointed if I wake up tomorrow morning to find he’s still the first team manager.

It is the ideal time, and the last time. Now or never.

Agree, but will not happen. MP needs to be put out of his misery but Les is a spineless "you know what" and so it appears is the new owner - what the f**k is he getting from his silent investment ???

If only Saints fans had a senior voice that said ‘If you don’t sack him then we boycott the games.’

Perry, Chorley and McMillan used to be vocal years ago and often would be on the radio and papers about fans actions, it’s a shame we roll over and except it now.

I’m hoping beyond hope he is dismissed today.

I’d rather have an interim appointment of pretty much anyone than have Pellegrino still at the helm.

Hate is a strong word,but it’s getting that way.

Yes I was around during the Branfoot tenure and many prior, but this time it hurts so much more....because we had a huge opportunity to push on and achieve some great things.

It’s not just the manager either.

As long serving fans it really feels we have been conned,lied to and fed spin after spin.

My Dad,in his 70s battling Cancer has almost resigned himself to not renewing next season.....you can imagine how long he’s been going....but he has so much apathy towards the club.

3 generations of us go....for the first time in many many years...I think we feel genuinely cheated by the club.

All for the sake of saving and doing it all on the cheap....we sold our soul to the greed at the club....at least it wasn’t Liverpool again!.....couple that with incompetence from top to bottom on and of the pitch.

The club disgusts me just now I’m sorry to say.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is literally no excuses not to act immediately! Any other club would have sacked him at least three months ago!

If they do not act then they do not have a backbone or the best interests of the club at heart!

People are right Les to blame more than MP

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

If only Saints fans had a senior voice that said ‘If you don’t sack him then we boycott the games.’

Perry, Chorley and McMillan used to be vocal years ago and often would be on the radio and papers about fans actions, it’s a shame we roll over and except it now.

Why don’t you do it then, rather than whinging on here that no one else is...

Lampard and Jenas summed it up last night. Southampton play a sideways possession game without goals at either end, players are not moving into basic positions to go forward and we are playing a game so slow that the other team can easily bully us off the ball. Southampton seem to be playing without direction or tactics. They worry for our survival under MP.

Lampard and Jenas summed it up last night. Southampton play a sideways possession game without goals at either end, players are not moving into basic positions to go forward and we are playing a game so slow that the other team can easily bully us off the ball. Southampton seem to be playing without direction or tactics. They worry for our survival under MP.

That’s exactly what I’ve been saying for last two seasons, lesser so under puel as he at the very least had us organised and had a game plan. That is solely down to the manager and what is done on the training field. With my limited coaching skills I have absolutely no doubt I could get them moving for incisively and purposefully.

It’s genuinely shocking.

This posession thing isn’t a tactic... it’s down to the team reverting to default as they don’t know what else to do.

Whereas Murphy last week said that both saints and stoke ought to be ok.

That’s exactly what I’ve been saying for last two seasons, lesser so under puel as he at the very least had us organised and had a game plan. That is solely down to the manager and what is done on the training field. With my limited coaching skills I have absolutely no doubt I could get them moving for incisively and purposefully.

It’s genuinely shocking.

This posession thing isn’t a tactic... it’s down to the team reverting to default as they don’t know what else to do.

Dont you listen to The Master ? We don’t call it possession anymore, it’s ball management :mcinnes:

Quite what the point of managing the thing but doing **** all with it is I don’t know but that’s what it is, he mentions it every friggin interview :blush:

Newcastle appointed Benitez 2 seasons ago when they were in our situation. He wasn't able to save them but stayed on and at least had a bedding in period before relaunching a successful promotion campaign.

My point is that even if a new guy cannot save us (he may well though, it's still all to play for) then at least he could hit the ground running next season and give us the best chance of bouncing back.

MP has to go now, if not for our survival then at least for next season in the champ.

Dont you listen to The Master ? We don’t call it possession anymore, it’s ball management :mcinnes:

Quite what the point of managing the thing but doing **** all with it is I don’t know but that’s what it is, he mentions it every friggin interview :blush:

Well we managed it well yesterday so much so that we didn’t manage to keep it out of our goal on 3 occasions. I’m not one for changing he manager at the drop of a hat but this bloke doesn’t learn and he needed to quickly when he was appointed. As for his rotation (that’s the only thing I can think to call it) of the forwards its baffling at best and criminal at worst. Yesterday was crying out to start guido and Gabbiadini even if it wasn’t a 442. Gabbiadini must be thinking what he has to do - comes on scores a 90th minute goal that gains us a point and is dropped - go figure cos i can’t.

He has to go!

The fact that he is STILL here is just sheer gross negligence from the club. I've always been a supporter of Les but unless he is acting on orders from above it is unfathomable that he still thinks MP is the right man for the job, when it's been patently obvious for months that he's way out of his depth.

Five Live used the word anaemic to describe our performance yesterday, which just about sums up the entire season (and most of last).

Literally anyone would be able to give it a better go than Mr Bean is doing at the moment. Shocking.

I posted months ago that Les wouldn't sack MP as he would be doing what's best for him rather than the club. An admission that he'd messed the appointment up would be bad for his career, better for him to wait it out and hope that the situation improved.

It's gone beyond that now. As far as Les is concerned, do nothing, and not only is he the person who got the appointment wrong. He is also the person who stubbornly stuck by a manager with no gameplan whose tactics seem to be ridiculed by ex-pros week in week out. A fractured dressing room. Supporters whose morale is as low as it was under the bad old days of Lowe. And an inability by MP to stop making the same mistakes every game.

If he gets rid now, he can spin that he's given his manager a fair crack of the whip but he has to make the best decision in the club's interest. At least if we go down, he can turn around and say he tried to stop fiddling while Rome burned (months after he should have done, but we can still get out of this mess).

To stubbornly stick by him, in my opinion, is accepting the most ridiculous self-inflicted relegation.

Fear it’s too late for a new manager to have an impact.

I dont think it is. The next league match isnt until 31 March, nearly three weeks away.

We need to win three of the last eight, one of them being that next game against West Ham, a new manager can get those results IF he lifts the players and injects life into the club

They wont sack him but if they grew a pair its not too late

I’m with those who think the manager change should have happened before Xmas but the available candidates are fewer now than if the change is made at the end of the season. Perhaps we can win the Championship title next year.

not with Pellegrino in charge. In fact this manager is so bad, he'd probably manage to relegate Barcelona if he was in charge.

In my dream world we have a new guy already lined up for the summer...someone up and coming, with fresh ideas, a degree of success behind him, who we could build a 'project' around, get back to the way we used to play and progress. Someone like Potter, the guy at Fulham...perhaps even Howe.

Which is why MoPe is still here...because he's a gonna in the summer anyway, and who else would really come in just for a few months?

The trouble with this dream world is that we'd start the new project in the Championship.

MoPe is a ****ing nightmare.

In my dream world we have a new guy already lined up for the summer...someone up and coming, with fresh ideas, a degree of success behind him, who we could build a 'project' around, get back to the way we used to play and progress. Someone like Potter, the guy at Fulham...perhaps even Howe.

Which is why MoPe is still here...because he's a gonna in the summer anyway, and who else would really come in just for a few months?

The trouble with this dream world is that we'd start the new project in the Championship.

MoPe is a ****ing nightmare.

We need to get someone in for the last 8 games to give us a boost. Pay them a sh!t ton of money to keep us up, then fu ck off, no strings attached if they wish.

But this is Les Reed. We’ll continue to penny pinch, keep MP and go down.

It’s a shame our next home game is so far away, the board deserve West Ham treatment, IMO.

We need to get someone in for the last 8 games to give us a boost. Pay them a sh!t ton of money to keep us up, then fu ck off, no strings attached if they wish.

It’s a shame our next home game is so far away, the board deserve West Ham treatment, IMO.

Agreed. That's what we NEED to do, as you say. However I can't think that that is what we actually WILL do.

A strong leader or owner would never have let us get to this position.

I dont think it is. The next league match isnt until 31 March, nearly three weeks away.

We need to win three of the last eight, one of them being that next game against West Ham, a new manager can get those results IF he lifts the players and injects life into the club

They wont sack him but if they grew a pair its not too late

It would be easier if there was a specific problem to address but we’re as shaky at the back as we are toothless upfront.

There’s a sense of drift around the squad isn’t going to clear overnight. Many players have featured irregularly (Gabbi, Hoj, Boufal, Austin) and aren’t the sharpest match-wise; others are still adjusting to the league (Carrillo, Hoedt, Lemina and Stephens) and others (Tadic) just seem to have gone stale. Perhaps a new manager can get more out of the likes of Romeu and Cedric who should be performing at a higher level but you can’t expect a new manager to work wonders in the time that’s left, no matter how preferable they are to Pellegrino.

It won't happen. To be honest even if they do sa ck him we are still left with the same feces who appointed him and Puel, so why would they do any better this time? We need Gao to sack Krueger and Reed, then find a new CEO and fire MoPe, but it's too late to do that now. The club management is **** from top to bottom, owners, CEO, Director of Football, 1st team Coach, Academy head etc etc.

Our run in is a nightmare, if the clown stays I can’t see us getting another win. If he goes and we get someone even half decent there is a chance of two or three wins which may just be enough.

If I had to put my house on it I would say we’re down though regardless.

Our run in is a nightmare, if the clown stays I can’t see us getting another win. If he goes and we get someone even half decent there is a chance of two or three wins which may just be enough.

If I had to put my house on it I would say we’re down though regardless.

No more of a nightmare than some of our rivals. The fact that we only have 3 home games doesnt matter either, our form home and away is equally as bad. We just need to hope for 3 wins. With MoPe in charge there is zero chance of that happening. A new manager can give us that push we need

Penny wise, pound foolish. Save a few millions by keeping Pellegrino, but lose tens of millions and face a potential financial meltdown following relegation.

Every week I assume he's gone, since the Leicester game last year. Bewildering.

But it truly is last chance now. We're probably 90% relegated, but there's a chance.

Fully believe a half way competent manager would get us fighting at very least. The crowd would get a huge lift just from being rid of Pellegrino.

Despite all evidence to the contrary, once again I'm expecting him sacked in the morning. If he isn't, then something really odd is going on.

Totally agree if he’s still here after tomorrow something very odd is going on which is only privy to the weird board that we have