Will you support another south coast team?

HKsaint

The very idea!

Absolutely never! Not just another south coast team - no other team.

I'm interested in other teams because my friends & family support them (my brother is a Liverpool fan - can't understand why he keeps offering me money for my stuff!), or because of places I've lived, eg. Yeovil & Crawley, but I don't support another team.

I couldn't.

What a question!

No. But if we go down, then Bournemouth and Brighton deserve bragging rights. They have waited long enough and good luck to them.

Fortunes will change again, that is football. I am sure there is a Bournemouth Dalek and a Brighton Dalek predicting 17th.

Fair play to the fella.... Over 50 bites... Something our more regular fishing experts would be proud of

:lol:

I may as well add another bite.

Given my Kent background, my second team is Tunbridge Wells (mind you, they are in the 9th tier of English football)- but guess this is no different to any of you supporting Sholing, Totton, Eastleigh etc etc

But as for this guy wondering if anyone moves to another south coast team- trolling of highest order- well played sir but a joke of a question!

Look everyone is ****ed off/annoyed/upset/angry with things right now but in the end whatever happens we will all claim down over the summer dust ourselves off and most of us will be back at SMS next season. Your club is your club be it in the PL or Southern division 1. There are whole masses off football fans in the country whose teams have never even been in the PL who seem to cope. Not being in the PL is not the end of the world.

What he said + 1!

No - couldn’t support another team. Wish the local sides here well but you just wouldn’t have the history and connections with another club. More likely is that I’ll be spending the time and money that went on Saints at Sandy Park watching the Chiefs and Somerset CCC (especially when Hampshire visit) - it really is a good day out and the rugby club is backed by a local man who has not only the means but is very passionate and ambitious. I also want to get out on the golf course more as my career has limited that in recent years.

Besides that, there’s lots to do here - E Devon and South Hams coasts, Dartmoor and Exmoor, Cornwall, Somerset Levels (in the summer!). I used to be a Saints STH and do quite a few of the always but the club has lost totally its relationship with the fans and the community. I’d go along and watch an AFC Southampton as someone else said and I do think if people in that area want to retain a local professional club, I would advise starting the planning now.

Not a chance.

Personally, I think the Championship is a great league. Yeah, don't want to be in it, but don't buy this 'we're doomed to stay down there' stuff when no one knows what the manager or squad will be. You get to take an interest in 2 leagues, your own and the premier. Plus, I'll watch MOTD and live prem matches without any worry or without fck watching this, saints got stuffed again.

Still think it's utterly appalling that Pellegrino has this squad anywhere near the bottom three given the quality of the bottom half, but there we go. It happens. You're only ever a really poor managerial decision from relegation. There is no such thing as cementing your place in the premier league. Guess every single one of us would have taken 6 seasons in the top flight and 8th, 7th, 6th, 8th wouldn't they?

Not sure that works for me. I detest the Premier League, I only follow it because we're in it! Often I fast forward MOTD to our match and then turn it off.

The reason I want us to stay in the PL is all about what it means for Saints-related stuff (better players, being able to watch all games, not feeling like the club have completely screwed up all the recent progress), nothing to do with interest in Richard Scudamore's "help the top 6" project.

We are being relegated, not f*cking wound up, ffs. The fair weather fans will disappear, everything else will remain the same.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

When the club in trouble your support needs to be intensified. The good times will return.

When the club in trouble your support needs to be intensified. The good times will return.
It may need intensification but relegation brings less support, that's a fact. The good times will indeed return but I'm not so sure that will be in my lifetime. I think we are bound for a long stint in the championship, better teams than us have found it notoriously difficult to get out of. It doesn't look like the new owner is going to bankroll us like Markus did, so we could be here for a while yet.

It may need intensification but relegation brings less support, that's a fact. The good times will indeed return but I'm not so sure that will be in my lifetime. I think we are bound for a long stint in the championship, better teams than us have found it notoriously difficult to get out of. It doesn't look like the new owner is going to bankroll us like Markus did, so we could be here for a while yet.

You could be right. No one knows how long we will remain in the championship. Classic example is the club down the read from me, Ipswich Town and then there is Nottingham Forest...