Another possible reason why the clown is still with us

Tamesaint

For several years now I have thought that this forum is far too negative. Match day threads are a joke with all the negativity. Several of our resident trolls seem to delight in misfortune whilst post match threads when we lose and we can wallow in misery are always much longer than when we win. If this forum had existed in 1976 there would have been whining that we beat Man U only 1 nil !

This negativity which at times to me reaches absurd levels (how many forums for other clubs would contain a well subscribed thread reckoning that we deserve to be relegated??) means that anyone from the club who reads this forum can just claim that our views are those of a negative few. You can imagine the conversation

Minion: "The Saintsweb had a poll staying that 9x% of people want Pellegrino out."

Ralph : "Well they would wouldn't they. How about the realistic fan base? "

I want the clown to go. Most fans want him to go. I daresay season ticket renewals next year will not be good but by then it will be too late. What is the most effective way to get the hockey guy to realise that something needs to be done??

So it's our fault. LOL. Good one.

And as for the deserving to go down thread, maybe people here are more pragmatic, realistic and intelligent than other boards. Winning ONLY 5 games in a season would suggest to me that we deserve to be relegated.

So it's our fault. LOL. Good one.

And as for the deserving to go down thread, maybe people here are more pragmatic, realistic and intelligent than other boards. Winning ONLY 5 games in a season would suggest to me that we deserve to be relegated.

Of course it is not our fault . But our voice does not get taken into account because we are so constantly negative.

..and we deserve to go down because we have only won 5 games !!! What a joke for a supporter of a team to say that of his team. If we had the same number of points but these had been obtained by fewer draws but mote wins would we then not "deserve" to be relegated???

Of course it is not our fault . But our voice does not get taken into account because we are so constantly negative.

..and we deserve to go down because we have only won 5 games !!! What a joke for a supporter of a team to say that of his team. If we had the same number of points but these had been obtained by fewer draws but mote wins would we then not "deserve" to be relegated???

Ha. What an complete and utter load of b*llocks. More likely that our voice doesn't get heard because of absolutely brain dead threads like this one.

Here's a little secret for you....the club doesn't listen to the supporters, never has, never will. Oh it might in the minutae of the day to day aspects. The board laughed at the idea all those years back of a fan on the board (if they got 10% of the shares available). We have hollow platitudes blown up our backside to make us feel good and important, but the operative word is "hollow".

I'm a joke of a supporter to point that out am I? WBA have won 3 games all season and then we have won the second fewest. If you don't win games, you deserve to go down - it's a simple fact. As I said, pragmatism, realism and intelligence does reign here, but seemingly not with you. You think that we can win so few games and "deserve" to stay up. You seem incapable of avoiding conflating what I want, and what I and everyone else sees and come up with a non sequitur and ad hominem. Chapeau mon brave. As for deserving anything, you deserve what you get from the points you win. As we aren't winning enough, we will deserve to go down. Edited by angelman

For several years now I have thought that this forum is far too negative. Match day threads are a joke with all the negativity. Several of our resident trolls seem to delight in misfortune whilst post match threads when we lose and we can wallow in misery are always much longer than when we win. If this forum had existed in 1976 there would have been whining that we beat Man U only 1 nil !

This negativity which at times to me reaches absurd levels (how many forums for other clubs would contain a well subscribed thread reckoning that we deserve to be relegated??) means that anyone from the club who reads this forum can just claim that our views are those of a negative few. You can imagine the conversation

Minion: "The Saintsweb had a poll staying that 9x% of people want Pellegrino out."

Ralph : "Well they would wouldn't they. How about the realistic fan base? "

I want the clown to go. Most fans want him to go. I daresay season ticket renewals next year will not be good but by then it will be too late. What is the most effective way to get the hockey guy to realise that something needs to be done??

Take your pious knob-swinging and shove it where the sun dont shine.

Realistically and most likely the reason he's still here is going to be the lack of alternative available. Do we sign someone up for a few games. Who'd realistically want that? Big risk for little reward. Any realistic long term manager will probably want to wait, he might even be at another club atm. So do we sign someone we don't really want and sack them in the summer if they keep us up? The reaction to that could be toxic. Or do we gamble with this guy and get who we want in the summer. When a suitable alternative wants it, I suspect he'll be gone.

Realistically and most likely the reason he's still here is going to be the lack of alternative available. Do we sign someone up for a few games. Who'd realistically want that? Big risk for little reward. Any realistic long term manager will probably want to wait, he might even be at another club atm. So do we sign someone we don't really want and sack them in the summer if they keep us up? The reaction to that could be toxic. Or do we gamble with this guy and get who we want in the summer. When a suitable alternative wants it, I suspect he'll be gone.

No point planning long term when the effects of relegation are so severe, do whatever it takes to stay up and worry about the long term in the summer.

Overall the payouts are much more if we stay in the league and don't get relegated.

Point taken, but what if an owner took the relegation payment and then sold the club, especially if the payment is more than he paid for the club in the first place?

Point taken, but what if an owner took the relegation payment and then sold the club, especially if the payment is more than he paid for the club in the first place?

Normally the price for the club reflects its standing and earnings potential. If someone is buying it merely for prestige then a Premier League club would be disproportionately more than one in the Championship.

It's always possible that there might be some other nefarious motive of course. Nothing makes sense about our current course of inaction.

Two possible reasons:

They have discreetly approached a preferred manager(s)and been turned down.

They don't fancy any of the others available.

I tend to agree that it's probably too late now, and the best option may be too hope for the best and replace in close season, thus allowing new manager a whole year and the opportunity to sign his own choices and rebuild.

Even if we go down, then with a good new manager, and parachute payments we would have a good chance of returning next season.

I am however extremely disappointed with the situation and though heart says sack him immediately, head says only if there is a good replacement willing and able to come immediately.

Im beginning to think the only thing it can be is we have our ideal replacement lined up, who is willing to join no matter which league we are in, but he can’t or won’t start until the summer. Nothing else makes sense

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This is a possibility, but still doesn’t explain why we haven’t got anyone (literally anyone) in on a deal for the last 8 games? We can’t be short of money? The board must be sensible enough to think throw some money at a good manager now (even if it’s only for 6 months) and we’ll comfortably make that back if we stay in the PL.

All just doesn’t make sense.

It’s either their ego, there inability to find someone better (I think I’d do a better job atm though) or they think he’s the right man... all points to mismanagement by the board.

Two possible reasons:

They have discreetly approached a preferred manager(s)and been turned down.

They don't fancy any of the others available.

I tend to agree that it's probably too late now, and the best option may be too hope for the best and replace in close season, thus allowing new manager a whole year and the opportunity to sign his own choices and rebuild.

Even if we go down, then with a good new manager, and parachute payments we would have a good chance of returning next season.

I am however extremely disappointed with the situation and though heart says sack him immediately, head says only if there is a good replacement willing and able to come immediately.

I would actually take Any manager That was currently available as long as he /she the gave the answer ... “2 including Gabbiadini” when asked how many players he would play up front in the next league game. Literally anyone.

Another reason could be is that we simply don’t have the funds to sack Pellegrino + assistants and replace them with a new manager and assistants. For all we know Gao might have taken the money we had in the bank to repay part of the loan he took out to buy the club.

Another reason could be is that we simply don’t have the funds to sack Pellegrino + assistants and replace them with a new manager and assistants. For all we know Gao might have taken the money we had in the bank to repay part of the loan he took out to buy the club.

What money in the bank was that?

I think they probably have someone lined up for the summer and took a gamble on Pellegrino being able to do enough to keep this squad up. That would explain why they have only spent a fraction of the VVD money, they are saving it for the new guy.

Far too big a gamble, it's clear to anyone with half a brain that the clown is so out of his depth that relegation is almost certain with him in charge. Even if there's a replacement who isn't available until the summer, the only logical thing to do is to put in a semi-decent caretaker for the remaining matches to give us half a chance.

Far too big a gamble, it's clear to anyone with half a brain that the clown is so out of his depth that relegation is almost certain with him in charge. Even if there's a replacement who isn't available until the summer, the only logical thing to do is to put in a semi-decent caretaker for the remaining matches to give us half a chance.

They do appear to have an over inflated opinion on how good the squad is though, it wouldn’t surprise me if they thought they could muddle through until the summer and still survive. Josh Sim’s amazingly arrogant “we’re too good to go down” interview the other day showed how deluded they are.