Why isn't the Local media putting the pressure on?

Paul Chuckle

I may be wrong but I'm sure in the past the Daily Echo have put pressure in the club to sack managers and also for the removal of board members (Lowe, Cowan?)

The Daily echo hasn't put one story up about the fans wanting the manager sacked, any polls asking if the fans still back Pellegrino or Reid?

Anyone know why this is? Are the Daily Echo now in the club s pocket?

I may be wrong but I'm sure in the past the Daily Echo have put pressure in the club to sack managers and also for the removal of board members (Lowe, Cowan?)

The Daily echo hasn't put one story up about the fans wanting the manager sacked, any polls asking if the fans still back Pellegrino or Reid?

They're scared of losing their access again - that's the only thing I can work out. I actually tweeted a similar thing a couple of weeks ago to Adam Blackmore, Adam Leitch, the Daily Echo and Jeremy Wilson. Funnily enough no response from any of them apart from Blackmore favouriting the tweet.

Questions need to be asked of this board, but the people with the access to ask them are frankly too pu$$y to do it.

It probably would have been easier in the old days - profit margins will be much thinner now. Hard enough to sell papers as it is without losing a key source of info

Think with Lowe it was different because he was just a Chief Exec of a PLC so he needed to keep the press onside whereas now the club is privately owned they can just tell the Echo to F-off at any point. I guess the Echo can't afford to annoy them too much.

He is absolutely spot on in his assessment. I think Sunday will be the final straw and he will go.

to think we have wasted the last 3 weeks, which were very winnable games (Burnley, Stoke and Newcastle) that would define our season. Please do not waste another one. With West Ham, Swansea, Leicester, Everton and B'mouth all still to come, get rid now and we have a realistic chance of staying up.

There is almost no insight from within the Club on what is going on. If it is down to Gao's lack of engagement then Ralph, with his reputation to protect, should by now be dropping thoughts into the media that this is being handled exactly as the main owner wants it to. Likewise Reed who's reputation will dive into the gutter if we are relegated. There are also several lesser known Executive Directors such as the MD and the "Marketing" Director who have their longer term careers to worry about.

He is absolutely spot on in his assessment. I think Sunday will be the final straw and he will go.

to think we have wasted the last 3 weeks, which were very winnable games (Burnley, Stoke and Newcastle) that would define our season. Please do not waste another one. With West Ham, Swansea, Leicester, Everton and B'mouth all still to come, get rid now and we have a realistic chance of staying up.

I think they did define our season tbh. We're doomed!

There is almost no insight from within the Club on what is going on. If it is down to Gao's lack of engagement then Ralph, with his reputation to protect, should by now be dropping thoughts into the media that this is being handled exactly as the main owner wants it to. Likewise Reed who's reputation will dive into the gutter if we are relegated. There are also several lesser known Executive Directors such as the MD and the "Marketing" Director who have their longer term careers to worry about.

It's hard to think of a club that gives less information to its fans.

The contempt that we should just wait till they decide when they might give us some information

But of course if you never give out any information you can't be blamed when you fail to sign a player or attract a manager.

The club has been in a relegation spiral with a manager on a 15% win ratio and not a word from the director responsible for football

Not a word about why unlike any other club in the world we hang on to him

How dare a director treat the club supporters like this. It is one of the worst aspects of this club . Sheer contempt

Well I think I won't be purchasing a season ticket anymore **** em

Talk sport described us as becoming a "nothing club" and said the only people that would lose out from our relegation would be our fans and Liverpool.

To be fair, every club is a nothing club to TalkSport unless you are one of the top 6 or Everton. They still have a few decent presenters but most of them are poor. Some aren't just horrendous presenters, but sickening human beings in general. I'm mainly thinking of Mick Quinn, wouldn't surprise me if it was him who said what you claim.

Genuinely amazing that Les agreed has not appeared in an unstaged (as in club PR) interview since we were in a cup final.

Come on Saints, wheel out the man in charge of all football activities so he can explain what is happening, and what is being done about it and where we go from here. Get him to put his neck on the line if you’ve got a pair and haven’t just become yet another faceless corporate (non) entity!

Genuinely amazing that Les agreed has not appeared in an unstaged (as in club PR) interview since we were in a cup final.

Come on Saints, wheel out the man in charge of all football activities so he can explain what is happening, and what is being done about it and where we go from here. Get him to put his neck on the line if you’ve got a pair and haven’t just become yet another faceless corporate (non) entity!

You won't hear from the club when the going is tough, they've got no angle to promote their southampton way ******** at the moment, so they'll just stay silent until we survive and they can tell us how it was all a genius implimentation.

Maybe he has learnt from his previous interviews and realises nobody believes the crap that comes out of his mouth?

"I don’t like naming other clubs but Leicester won the league and are now in a relegation battle."

"We have seen this week managers being sacked, and often in extraordinary circumstances, and maybe because of things they can’t control.

We picked Claude for a reason, and the main reason being his experience, because he has had a lot of experience in European football and that is where we hope to be heading on a regular basis".

"Of course, we are very demanding because we want to do that and be the ‘best of the rest’ as people keep calling it.

We still want to be the top of the league we are in if you take out the mega clubs".

“Mauricio believes with the quality we have we can play exciting, attacking football, taking the game to our opponents by playing a high-intensity game. During the recruitment process Mauricio quickly became our first choice and, while he had other options, we are delighted he feels that St Mary’s is the right place for him and we believe he is the right fit for us. We are looking forward to working with Mauricio to take the club forward and achieve more success".

You won't hear from the club when the going is tough, they've got no angle to promote their southampton way ******** at the moment, so they'll just stay silent until we survive and they can tell us how it was all a genius implimentation.

Think you are right BUT if we don’t survive what possible angle can they take ?

Maybe he has learnt from his previous interviews and realises nobody believes the crap that comes out of his mouth?

"I don’t like naming other clubs but Leicester won the league and are now in a relegation battle."

"We have seen this week managers being sacked, and often in extraordinary circumstances, and maybe because of things they can’t control.

We picked Claude for a reason, and the main reason being his experience, because he has had a lot of experience in European football and that is where we hope to be heading on a regular basis".

"Of course, we are very demanding because we want to do that and be the ‘best of the rest’ as people keep calling it.

We still want to be the top of the league we are in if you take out the mega clubs".

“Mauricio believes with the quality we have we can play exciting, attacking football, taking the game to our opponents by playing a high-intensity game. During the recruitment process Mauricio quickly became our first choice and, while he had other options, we are delighted he feels that St Mary’s is the right place for him and we believe he is the right fit for us. We are looking forward to working with Mauricio to take the club forward and achieve more success".

I'm so glad we didn't 'do a Leicester' and win the league, that would have been awful. Kudos to the board for making sure that level of incompetence could never happen here.

I'm so glad we didn't 'do a Leicester' and win the league, that would have been awful. Kudos to the board for making sure that level of incompetence could never happen here.

That comment, and the 'We don't expect to lose players to Everton, let alone our manager' comment sums us up as a club for me. Arrogant tosspots who believe they're a cut above everyone else.

That comment, and the 'We don't expect to lose players to Everton, let alone our manager' comment sums us up as a club for me. Arrogant tosspots who believe they're a cut above everyone else.

Probably the top of long list of media-fed articles where we've looked liked tools about a week straight after saying something.

Leitch is the worst for it. Petrified of losing access/status that he has. I brought it up with him on Twitter over the weekend, and he of course ignored it, choosing to 'like' a response solely blaming the players.

I couldn’t stand Rupert Lowe but he showed more balls then any of the cowards running the club at the moment.

I couldn’t stand Rupert Lowe but he showed more balls then any of the cowards running the club at the moment.

Exactly. Here was front and centre taking the ****e full on.

Reed and Co are just ****ing cowards in footballing terms IMO

Leitch is the worst for it. Petrified of losing access/status that he has. I brought it up with him on Twitter over the weekend, and he of course ignored it, choosing to 'like' a response solely blaming the players.

He is terrible. Makes the pretty good podcast un-listenable.

Blackmore has finally come around.

Le Tiss...tosser on social media so can't really take his positivity about the setup remotely seriously

it's just bizarre. Even on sky sports etc. Pellegrino seems to be getting off lightly. Surely other football fans must look at our situation and expect him to be sack. Only if we had been promoted the season before would such results be acceptable. I've lost all faith in Les Reed. He has become so obsessed by the whole business model and 'Southampton Way' that he has lost sight of the number one goal of winning football matches. I expect they are too busy calculating player sales im the summer. Never in 25 years have I been so frustrated as a Saints fan. We've been in darker times undoubtedly, but the situation we are in now has been easily avoidable.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk