Pellegrino Sacked - Official

Katalinic

Didn't agree with calling for his head too early but he never learned or got better, his fascination with constantly being aware of the space behind instead of trying to attack got too annoying. Right decision, but should it have been done a month ago? Just out of relegation and a couple of weeks to get in a replacement, pay millions for someone decent to keep is up. May just be ok, need someone in who can get us scoring again.

That’s just a cover statement to make the club seem reasonable. This ‘search’ has been going on for months. Well, it’s what any prudent management would do.

Except you forget Les's less-than-inspiring success in the transfer department.

Personally, I think its the truth, which is why Les should be the next out the door.

Will be interesting to see if they take time to find a ‘getting out of championship’ manager or a ‘keep us up’ manager. No doubt they’ll balls this one up too

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

In the spirit of be careful what you wish for, Reed has now got a track history in screwing up big appointments, so let’s wait before getting too ecstatic. If the conspiracists among us are close to right, we’ll be managed by Jaidi and Kelvin to see out the season as cheap option. Just don’t have any confidence in Les and Co whatsoever to make a decision that will favour the quality of 1st team football now. That said - nothing would have got better by keeping the clown in place, so it was the only and best option.

i now wait with baited breath for 10 goals each from Redmond, JWP, Boufal, Long, Gabbi and Guido.

Will be interesting to see if they take time to find a ‘getting out of championship’ manager or a ‘keep us up’ manager. No doubt they’ll balls this one up too

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hughes is a clear "keep us up" manager.

Someone like Silva is somewhere in between.

If we are getting ready for relegation, we should go for Chris Wilder or Graham Potter.

A search for a new manager “is now underway”? F@@@ me should have been underway long before this evening.
The exact wording is "the search for a replacement is already underway"... Not "now underway". So that *could* be interpreted as the search having started a while back. The emphasis on 'could' of course....

The exact wording is "the search for a replacement is already underway"... Not "now underway". So that *could* be interpreted as the search having started a while back. The emphasis on 'could' of course....

Didin't we have an ITK on here who said we'd sent our feelers to agents a while back?

Didin't we have an ITK on here who said we'd sent our feelers to agents a while back?
Talking of ITKs.... No-one got a sniff on this happening today it would seem.... Unless AR-10 logs on shortly with one of his retrospective scoops.... ;)

We need someone who can make an immediate impact, not a 'Southampton Way' Manager who will have Les' hand so far up his @ss like Pell did. A contract to the end of the season with decent pay and a mahoosive safety bonus if we stay up. We can then review it in the summer.

I know Silva didn't end up fairing too well at Watford but he hit the ground running with both them and Hull. He is an impact manager. I don't care if he ends up dwindling out down the line, if he gets us firing on all cylinders for the first 8 games, that will see us safe and that's all that matters. He only turned sh!te after Everton expressed their interest in him. You can pin point Watford's turn in form this season to pretty much that moment.

Failing that, Martin O'Neill and Roy Keane combo who would command respect and get the squad trying again

That team against BHA at home was a sackable offence.

As was dropping Sims at the weekend.

As was getting ****ed over by Palace, failing to beat Huddersfield, getting arse raped by Claude Puel. The list goes on.

Hoped he was the man at the start, but I have learned to actually detest the bloke.

This reminds me of just before the appointment of Pardew. Then we desperately needed a strong charcter to come in and turn the negative tide and pardew (then) was exactly the correct fit immediately felt like the right appointment before a ball was kicked. I felt the same about koeman too. Hopefully we can get a person who will immediately have the fans onside and fly out the blocks against West ham.

Games Wins Draws Losses Win % Points Points per game

Ronald Koeman 76 36 15 25 47.4 123 1.62

Glenn Hoddle 45 18 11 16 40 65 1.44

Mauricio Pochettino 54 19 18 17 35.2 75 1.39

Paul Sturrock 13 5 2 6 38.5 17 1.31

Gordon Strachan 93 31 29 33 33.3 122 1.31

Alan Ball 59 18 22 19 30.5 76 1.29

Claude Puel 38 12 10 16 31.6 46 1.21

Dave Jones 98 31 19 48 31.6 112 1.14

Graeme Souness 38 10 11 17 26.3 41 1.08

Ian Branfoot 66 18 14 34 27.3 68 1.03

Nigel Adkins 22 5 7 10 22.7 22 1.00