Pellegrino Sacked - Official

Katalinic

Long overdue but cracking news. Wouldn't be surprised if we get Hughes til the end of the season, but given the mess we're in I'd take pretty much anyone with premier league managerial experience to get us through the season.

How about David Wagner?

Would feel bad for Huddersfield but a good tactical move for us in two senses - we get a good, motivational, attack-minded manager - plus throws a relegation rival into a tailspin.

Not a hope in hell would he jump out of that cosy corner to our hostile plains.

Rightly or wrongly I just can’t see past Silva ...

Saints need some stability for 2-3 years even if we go down and it’s win win for Silva as he needs a run of 2-3 years at a club to show he can hang around somewhere longer than 6 months.

I really can’t see any other result. If not Silva they might go for Hughes but it can only be a manager out of work that’s for sure.

Skybet odds:

2/1 Silva

4/1 Bilic

4/1 Hughes

8/1 O'Neill

18/1 Rodgers

18/1 Allardyce

20/1 Koeman

20/1 Mancini

22/1 Redknapp

22/1 de Boer

25/1 O'Neill

Rodgers would have been the perfect appointment for us in the summer Koeman left IMO - a good coach, an eye for a transfer and somewhat of a big name - and Celtic have a few good players he could potentially have brought with him. I don't think we have any chance now, even if we stay up this season. He'll stay at Celtic or move on to bigger things.

The person I like most on that list aside from Rodgers, Mancini or Koeman (who I think are unobtainable) is Bilic. I think he got a crappy hand from West Ham at a club where the owners are worse than ours. He's not particularly characteristic but he'd do a job. The only other name I'd want on that list is Silva - even though he took Hull down, he comes across as the person on that list that could immediately come in and get us firing.

Redknapp can do one.

Why is O'Neill double quoted? Is it because he's a better bet?

I'd prefer O'Neill to O'Neill quite frankly. :) (That's Martin over Michael - Michael would give Davis a 5 year contract!)

I still can’t work out why we signed his mate Carrillo in the January transfer window? He was keen to tell us he’d played his best football with Pellegrino and looked forward to playing with him again , we broke our transfer record and here we are now with a change. Strange one.

If Austin is available for last 8 games that will give us a decent option

Had heard this was incoming yesterday. But i would be lying if i said that each passing hour without word hadn't raised doubts that minds had been changed or delays had been sought.

Celebrated the official announcement like we had scored. Hopefully soon all Pellegrino will be is a bad memory, or a punchline.

Onwards and upwards. :)

giphy.gif

P.S. Finally Pellegrino is trending, lol.

Was watching the Under 23’s vs Norwich on YouTube when they came out with breaking news that Pellegrino has left.

Within 10 seconds of the announcement we scored in injury time and won the game.

Blimey it took 10 seconds to lift the burden off the players, bloody Jonah!!!

Had heard this was incoming yesterday. But i would be lying if i said that each passing hour without word hadn't raised doubts that minds had been changed or delays had been sought.

Celebrated the official announcement like we had scored. Hopefully soon all Pellegrino will be is a bad memory, or a punchline.

Onwards and upwards. :)

giphy.gif

P.S. Finally Pellegrino is trending, lol.

Any ideas on a replacement?

When Adam Blackmore tweeted this morning that it was time for Pellegrino to go and that Silva would be a good short term option, I thought ... looks like Pellegrino is finally getting the boot and Silva will be coming in. Half way there. I think Silva is a done deal.

May the Lord be thanked and praised.

Have a feeling Gao will be behind who gets appointed

Sven is a wild card who's been hanging around over the past month.

Would really love is to go for Lee Johnson, now Bristol City are close to missing out on promotion.

Any ideas on a replacement?

On Sunday I was told they were considering Kelvin and Radhi Jaidi until after the expected loss at Wigan (pessimistic but practical). But It appears that that line o thinking may have changed. We'll find out for sure when Ralph gets back on Wednesday.

On Sunday I was told they were considering Kelvin and Radhi Jaidi until after the expected loss at Wigan (pessimistic but practical). But It appears that that line o thinking may have changed. We'll find out for sure when Ralph gets back on Wednesday.

You mean the penny might have dropped that we are one game away from a Wembley semi final ! They really are an exceptional management team !

He was away!? What dereliction......

Too little too late.

Our best hope is to go "Full Saints" and appoint Silva, stay up & then Everton poach him in the summer.

If we appoint Silva, and we stay up, and he then leaves for the dugout pioneers in the off-season, I can live with that. For me job 1 is to avoid relegation. Manage the manageables and all that. If Silva then does the dirty on us (a very possible scenario) then bring Jokanovic in from Fulham in the summer if they don’t get promoted. He looks like just the ticket to me. I’d rather have him than Silva, but he’ll never leave Fulham at this juncture.

The club seems to have its head up its arse.

I’ve heard we’re willing to spend money on a replacement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve heard we’re willing to spend money on a replacement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Which makes you wonder why we weren't willing to spend that money a few months ago. We would be nowhere near the position we are now in with even a semi competent manager.

What I mean is, say its Jokamoic, At this moment in time he ain't gonna swap Fulham for Saints, with them potentially in a position to go up and us down!

Jakanovic? Djokevic? Ivanovic? or Jakamo?

Key word there, Krissy, is potentially. Yes, Louis Walsh's favourite word. We are where Fulham want to be. He would be top of my list too. If we get him in, I'll buy everyone a beer at St Mary's. To be clear, that's one beer, 30,000 straws.

It welcome news, but it's just another example of flawed board level decision making, a list which grows by the month. They haven't exactly given the new guy much breathing room, and he's/we've been lumped with Carillo...a player we can all assume we would never have signed without Pellegrino. The board should've decided before Jan whether they believed the squad was underperforming, in which case fire him, or decide the squad isn't good enough, and add quality in several positions. They did neither. So, as above, great news, the board have made the right decision, and conversely, provided further affirmation of their incompetence.

If we appoint Silva, and we stay up, and he then leaves for the dugout pioneers in the off-season, I can live with that. For me job 1 is to avoid relegation. Manage the manageables and all that. If Silva then does the dirty on us (a very possible scenario) then bring Jokanovic in from Fulham in the summer if they don’t get promoted. He looks like just the ticket to me. I’d rather have him than Silva, but he’ll never leave Fulham at this juncture.

You speak my language, Albert. Jakanovic would be my ideal choice now or the summer, I could live with Silva as an interim; can't get excited about Mark Hughes.

Better late than never? Not for me. I can't forgive the Board for failing to act months ago. Even if the new Manager bounce gets us the points we need to stay up the next step by the owners should be to restructure the board because it has clearly been incapable of making a decision that was crying out to be made.

Rightly or wrongly I just can’t see past Silva ...

Saints need some stability for 2-3 years even if we go down and it’s win win for Silva as he needs a run of 2-3 years at a club to show he can hang around somewhere longer than 6 months.

I really can’t see any other result. If not Silva they might go for Hughes but it can only be a manager out of work that’s for sure.

We don’t need stability i’m happy to continuously find successful managers that jump ship as it means we are doing well