New manager sweepstake

Batman

Rather get relegated than hire Mark Hughes or any other of the LMA mob. We need to rip this squad apart anyway so doesn't matter much which league it happens in, it would just be one year in the championship so better off getting someone who will get us straight back up and survive the first year back.

Silva but I think he has his eye on bigger prizes.

Potter would be a shout but he is idolised where he is so might be hard to tempt him away.

Rogers, same as Potter really but might be tempted by a return to the premiership.

Adkins, probably too soon after taking Hull job.

IDE like to see Martin O’Neil and Roy Keane kick some of our players into shape if I’m honest

Always like O’Neil and Keane would be good to instal some discipline.

However we have more chance of Lucy Pinder getting the job

Whoever it is will probably need to be a yes man to Lesley . Ant see Keane putting up with that dry lunch

Realistically (which rules out managers we might have been looking to employ a couple of years ago as we're no longer at that level) from the bookies odds I'd rather have either Silva or Bilic.

However I have an unnerving feeling it'll be Hughes.

I’m not sure where the Scottish Sun’s credibility lies in comparison to their mothership, but they reckon Les wants Rodgers...

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/2353206/celtic-southampton-brendan-rodgers-les-reed-big-admirer-vacant-post/

We wish.

The person coming in is pretty much already on his way IMHO.

The search had already gone was in the statement, which suggests to me why MP has gone.

Rather get relegated than hire Mark Hughes or any other of the LMA mob. We need to rip this squad apart anyway so doesn't matter much which league it happens in, it would just be one year in the championship so better off getting someone who will get us straight back up and survive the first year back.

Got to love saints Web snobbery

This is the part of the process where we all get really excited and then get turned down by most of the good candidates. Really hope the experience they talk of is not Les’ own.... I think it will be Hughes or Bilic. Would like Silva but suspect he feels above us. Potter sounds good for if we go down but not right now. Sven might be worth a flutter, betting wise

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got to love saints Web snobbery
I hate the bloke but he would be our ****bag that changes it..usual people ignoring his 3 x 9th place finishes and changing Stoke from Rory Delap throw ins And Pulis.

Its 4 months too late but he will know whats needed in the Championship but at least we will have tried .

We are in a rubbish position unattractive some of the names are laughable but I couldn't renew my ST with that clown here probably why he has finally gone with email due soon to all.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Edited by Give it to Ron

Hughes it seems then, IF we hire him I really hope its until the end of the season and if he keeps us up he is then kept on, maybe he will do a good job with a better budget then Stoke and he will have the balls like Koeman to question signings, one thing we have learned is you cant replace quality with potential all the time.

Can’t believe our fans saying Hughes. QPR and stoke were going to be relegated under him. He’s awful. Pearson would be better.

i think you need to remember the absolute ****e we are in with only eight games left. What you think if him or what any of us think of him - I’m not a fan by a long way - is irrelevant. If he gets the respect of those players and gets them playing long enough to keep us up then job done.

Right now we just want an attacking motivator till the end of the season, whoever comes in has to have an instant impact.

I'd go for Silva as a short term option, if he does well then talk about extending over the summer.

I also like Chris Wilder - he'd certainly know his way round the champ if we do go down but he'd be a real gamble to keep us in the prem.

There is clearly 2 distinct approaches to this appointment :

1. The right person to rebuild and take the club forward with the original strategic vision. If relegation now occurs, its down to the past decisions to give MoPe more time, and must be accepted as part of the rebuilding.

2. Someone to keep the team up. This could be just for the last 8-10 games. However, if successful it seems unlikely that such an appointment wouldnt be given another season to see what impact he can bring with this group of players, who cannot be simply all shifted out in one go.

I reckon it will be 1). and I am frightened in the cold light of day it will just be another cheap, already available Les "yes man".

We need a motivator and an ass-kicker, number 2). I doubt anyone better than Hughes could be found with such short notice.

1. The right person to rebuild and take the club forward with the original strategic vision. If relegation now occurs, its down to the past decisions to give MoPe more time, and must be accepted as part of the rebuilding.

2. Someone to keep the team up. This could be just for the last 8-10 games. However, if successful it seems unlikely that such an appointment wouldnt be given another season to see what impact he can bring with this group of players, who cannot be simply all shifted out in one go.

I reckon it will be 1). and I am frightened in the cold light of day it will just be another cheap, already available Les "yes man".

We need a motivator and an ass-kicker, number 2). I doubt anyone better than Hughes could be found with such short notice.

Pretty much agree with that

Can’t believe our fans saying Hughes. QPR and stoke were going to be relegated under him. He’s awful. Pearson would be better.
Fans are only saying it because of options available cant you see that?

I liked Pearson here we were in a mess when he came in. He has an aura about him .

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

It will be whoever is prepared to be told what to do by the chairman. Can't see someone like Silva/Billic who clearly have strong personalities accepting that.

Whoever comes in we all need to back them even if they are not someone we would want. The club staying up is the most important thing. Point the finger at the end of the season.

It will be whoever is prepared to be told what to do by the chairman. Can't see someone like Silva/Billic who clearly have strong personalities accepting that.

Whoever comes in we all need to back them even if they are not someone we would want. The club staying up is the most important thing. Point the finger at the end of the season.

If the club staying up is the most important issue and not the development strategy, I expect Freddie and Les to make the appointment and go completely f**king hands-off.

They've made a woefully late decision, the worst thing they can do now is get in the way of the firestorm that person needs to blast through the dressing room.

I agree with all of that and prefer 2 on the basis it's an experienced premier league manager. We cannot risk an unknown quantity, and whilst Hughes is not an obvious Saints appointment we're in a mess and his experience is likely to have more of an immediate impact than anyone else available, and it's impact we need.

If we don't get someone in by the weekend we have decent enough caretaker options for 1 FA cup game. My money would be on a Craig Fleming and Jaidi double act.