New manager sweepstake

Batman

Paul Cook as a short-term fix to keep us up or Javier Calleja to make us a top 6 team again. It's a tough choice as the sort of motivator you need to keep us up with the limitations of our current squad and so few games remaining isn't necessarily the same as the type of manager you need to build and coach our squad in the long-term.

Strachan would be brilliant, the players wouldn't know what hit them.

Probably Marco Silva though, he's the best option I can think of.

Would love it to be WGS, the training would be brutal but exactly what's needed. More likely is Hughes or Silva.

Duncan RG - I don't think Everton will sack Sam this summer after stabilising them and a traumatic recruitment search. I think we are as good as it gets for Silva, he'll have to pull off a couple of giant killings again big teams but with a new manager you never know.

About time, if you ask me.

At least this gives us a fighting chance of staying up this season.

Who would you like to see replace him?

For me, it would be someone like Marco Silva or Mark Hughes. We need someone with Premier League experience, someone who will be able to stabilise us and galvanise the players to get us some much needed results!

Tim Sherwood FFS
I had a sneaky feeling about him , it was the way he reacted when he spoke about Saints on GOS a week or so back and then mentioned how the Newcastle centre half should have been sent off against Liverpool and how that was unfair on Saints.He is good at blooding youngsters etc etc

From the BBC;

Tord we have received from the street is that Southampton are hoping to have a replacement for Mauricio Pellegrino in place by the weekend.

They face Wigan on Sunday in the quarter finals of the FA Cup.

The club has confirmed Assistant Manager Carlos Compagnucci and Assistant First Team Coach Xavier Tamarit have also parted company with the club.

Dave Watson and Kelvin Davis both remain on the coaching staff at St Mary's.

Southampton have had just 1 win in their last 17 league games and their next league fixture is away to West Ham United.

You just know it’s davis and Watson on Sunday! Eek!