New manager sweepstake

Batman

Yes I have. What’s comical is that we appear to be after a manager who has performed poorer than Pellegrino this season in league and FA Cup. Next we’ll find out Pardew is their second choice because he is doing such a fantastic job at wba.
Are you seriously trying to say you would have preferred to keep pellegrino? If all fans were like you then we would deserve relegation.

You can still get 4/5 on Hughes on Betfair which suggests it MAY not be as cut and dried as it appears.

Now odds against on Betfair, however their market stipulates the new manager must take charge of ten games so that is probably just reflecting the talk of an interim contract.

Yes I have. What’s comical is that we appear to be after a manager who has performed poorer than Pellegrino this season in league and FA Cup. Next we’ll find out Pardew is their second choice because he is doing such a fantastic job at wba.

You do realise that one or two poor stints over 15 years of management isn’t an indicator wholly of someone’s ability, don’t you?

So much waahmbulancing on here ... you can guarantee it’d have been the same pant-wetting hysteria if it’d had been Carlos ‘sacked by a Championship club so cant be any good’ Carvahal or Sam ‘never been relegated but boohoo I don’t like his football teams’ Allardyce.

Hughes is potentially a means to an end. That end is staying up. Will people just get over it, unify around the team and see where it takes us? We’ve got the first glimmer of f()cking hope in months and all I can see on here is braindead whimpering about someone who performed admirably at Blackburn, Fulham and Stoke before it went a bit stale.

I swear some of the people on here have never played football before or understand the basics. If you’ve seen Saints this season, we’ve been utterly abysmal. Not unlucky, like some of the retards on Twitter have been saying. We’ve now got a faint hope now we’ve got someone in charge with a bit of know-how and a point to prove. It doesn’t have to be an undying love story, just a marriage that fits the purpose - and this temporary arrangement does.

If you’re all gonna p1ss and moan save it for the close season and aim it at the board, who are fully culpable for the sh1tstorm we find ourselves in.

I despair sometimes. Never any solutions offered up by the moaners, just crybabying. Someone please go find that disgruntled father and son ticket picture.

Edited by Crab Lungs

You do realise that one or two poor stints over 15 years of management isn’t an indicator wholly of someone’s ability, don’t you?

So much waahmbulancing on here ... you can guarantee it’d have been the same pant-wetting hysteria if it’d had been Carlos ‘sacked by a Championship club so cant be any good’ Carvahal or Sam ‘never been relegated but boohoo I don’t like his football teams’ Allardyce.

Hughes is potentially a means to an end. That end is staying up. Will people just get over it, unify around the team and see where it takes us? We’ve got the first glimmer of f()cking hope in months and all I can see on here is braindead whimpering about someone who performed admirably at Blackburn, Fulham and Stoke before it went a bit stale.

I swear some of the people on here have never played football before or understand the basics. If you’ve seen Saints this season, we’ve been utterly abysmal. Not unlucky, like some of the retards on Twitter have been saying. We’ve now got a faint hope now we’ve got someone in charge with a bit of know-how and a point to prove. It doesn’t have to be an undying love story, just a marriage that fits the purpose - and this temporary arrangement does.

If you’re all gonna p1ss and moan save it for the close season and aim it at the board, who are fully culpable for the sh1tstorm we find ourselves in.

I despair sometimes. Never any solutions offered up by the moaners, just crybabying. Someone please go find that disgruntled father and son ticket picture.

[emoji122][emoji122]

being lumbered with the just as useless Hughes long term compared to a useless manager who would be gone in the summer is such glorious news isn’t it.
Getting rid of pellegrino- basically the worst manager we have ever had- and replacing him with someone miles better is definitely positive news. The fact you think that someone who has had some success in this division is "just as useless" as pellegrino is remarkable. I genuinely didn't think we had fans like this. Unbelievable.

Nicely said.

Amen.

Well said, brain dead whimpering a spot on description! These posts seem to conveniently ignore the 3 consecutive top 10 PL finishes Hughes achieved while at Stoke. Obviously doesn’t fit with the whimpering agenda.

Well said, brain dead whimpering a spot on description! These posts seem to conveniently ignore the 3 consecutive top 10 PL finishes Hughes achieved while at Stoke. Obviously doesn’t fit with the whimpering agenda.
According to some only the worst performance is relevant!

He also finished top ten with Blackburn and Fulham and Man City. I think apart from his last full season at Stoke, he's finished top ten in every single full season he's ever managed in the Premier League.

He also finished top ten with Blackburn and Fulham and Man City. I think apart from his last full season at Stoke, he's finished top ten in every single full season he's ever managed in the Premier League.

Will you and Crab Lungs pack it in and stop posting common sense on this forum? It won’t do. Get with the programme and start bleating about how Reed should have paid 10m for Ancelotti. There’s millions of things Les should have done that he hasn’t but it is what is.

Heaven knows, WGS actually got Coventry relegated yet lauded as a legend on here. Rightly so actually, I loved his time in charge.

We could have Sir Alex as our manager but it wouldn't matter as we're most likely going down anyway IMO, but Hughes on a short term wouldn't be the worst appointment in the world. Reassess things in the summer based on which division we're in. Imagine Hughes keeping us up instead of Stoke... :uhoh:

Whoever we do bring in will have confidence we can survive - stressful 2 months otherwise!

I hope the rearranged Swansea game is in the final week to give the new gaffer a chance to get his methods across and give us a better chance of winning it.

Well said Crab.

This. Our chances of staying up would be hugely improved And of beating Wigan.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nail on head