New manager sweepstake

Batman

From the BBC;

Tord we have received from the street is that Southampton are hoping to have a replacement for Mauricio Pellegrino in place by the weekend.

They face Wigan on Sunday in the quarter finals of the FA Cup.

The club has confirmed Assistant Manager Carlos Compagnucci and Assistant First Team Coach Xavier Tamarit have also parted company with the club.

Dave Watson and Kelvin Davis both remain on the coaching staff at St Mary's.

Southampton have had just 1 win in their last 17 league games and their next league fixture is away to West Ham United.

You just know it’s davis and Watson on Sunday! Eek!

I sincerely hope Les Reed isn't going to impose Kelvin Davis and Dave Watson as first team coaches on the new manager.

Strachan is a busted flush who blew it for me with his tactics in Cardiff. Should have gone for the Fulham manager last summer. Too late now so either Silva but more likely Hughes.
Hughes isn't very inspiring for me personally. Not sure he is one to put a bomb under them

Luis Enrique please.

I can live in hope.

Failing that,Silva I suppose.

Surely they won’t go for some obscure, left field appointment again.

I sincerely do not want Hughes.

It will be telling by who they appoint if it is a long term or short term fix.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Surprised that Martinez isn't in the frame yet.

Smart guy, can play good footie, still very in touch with the PL. Might not want to start against Wigan.

He's about to take one of the top seeds to the World Cup. He's not about to jack that in to coach Nathan Redmond.

Surprised that Martinez isn't in the frame yet.

Smart guy, can play good footie, still very in touch with the PL. Might not want to start against Wigan.

He is not going to leave the Belgium national team right before a world cup to potentially manage a Championship side.

Please not Hughes, anybody before Hughes. He has no record as a manager, just look at Stoke as a legacy. As someone said he could get two sides relegated in one deason, that would be a record and no one would ever take it off him

to be honest most on here would have taken john Hughes over MoPo whoever he is lol

Me too, or Howard Hughes. Sparky rightly not popular with Saints fans due to his previous but still light years ahead of the clown, and he’s a hardcase. Money has to be on Hughes or Silva, with the possibility of an old head like MoN, GH or WGS with a ‘keep us up’ remit. Whoever it is they will do better and we have to get right behind them!