New manager sweepstake

Batman

I would like to see Graham Potter given a chance. Done well in Sweden, plays a similar style to Klopp in counter attacking and pressing football, he's young and English and played at saints for a bit. Problem is that we would have to pay compensation which we never seem to do so it will probably be Hughes who I cant stand.

I would like to see Graham Potter given a chance. Done well in Sweden, plays a similar style to Klopp in counter attacking and pressing football, he's young and English and played at saints for a bit. Problem is that we would have to pay compensation which we never seem to do so it will probably be Hughes who I cant stand.

Long term I would tend to agree but can't see him walking into the current sh!t storm and stop us getting relegated.

his compensation would be bobbins, but I think having uprooted his family to Sweden many years ago and subsequently having built a great life out there, they may be reluctant to uproot again and leave it all behind.

Potter's story is immense, but you have to understand he has built that club up from the ground. He has been given the time to do things his way and he has embraced a whole new country, culture and language.

I don't think for one second he would be given the time at a Premier League club - yet. For me I think his best chance will be to do something like Sean Dyche; establish himself in the Championship, hopefully secure promotion and then stamp his authority.

Come on Les, pull the magic rabbit from the hat. Get Thomas Tuchel in and surprise the whole world.

Whatever you do, don't;

a) Give it to Kelvin Davis/Francis Benali/Matt Le Tissier or anyone else with a sentimental history with the club

b) Give it to Harry Redknapp, coz he will do it for free for the rest of the season (with a big bonus if he keeps 'em up)

c) Give it to the cheapest option available.

d) Give it to someone who cannot stand up to you or the rest of the Board. We need balance and wise governance, not the Les and Ralph show.

thank you

Got no problem with Hughes, given the position we are in. I don't think there are many better options out there, that would come to us right now.

We've got one of the top 30 incomes in world football, there are a lot more than 30 managers better than Hughes.

his compensation would be bobbins, but I think having uprooted his family to Sweden many years ago and subsequently having built a great life out there, they may be reluctant to uproot again and leave it all behind.

For a six month Premier League management career before Saints fans decide he's boring and negative and was a rubbish player and they want Europe now, etc.

I know this is 'out there', and I very much doubt it would be well received here BUT, if anyone has watched Gary Johnson's Bristol City team in the League Cup this season, he has them playing great football, based on Guardiola's coaching style.

Okay he doesn't have Premier League experience, and I wonder whether our players would give him the time of day, bearing in mind he wasn't a top player nor a 'known' manager but, with the same inertia that Pochettino injected when he arrived I think he'd be a good option.

I know this is 'out there', and I very much doubt it would be well received here BUT, if anyone has watched Gary Johnson's Bristol City team in the League Cup this season, he has them playing great football, based on Guardiola's coaching style.

Okay he doesn't have Premier League experience, and I wonder whether our players would give him the time of day, bearing in mind he wasn't a top player nor a 'known' manager but, with the same inertia that Pochettino injected when he arrived I think he'd be a good option.

Do you mean Lee Johnson? Decent young manager, but his side have fallen away massivley since their Man Utd herroics.

We're also not going to get a manager who is currently in a job.

Got no problem with Hughes, given the position we are in. I don't think there are many better options out there, that would come to us right now.

Unfortunately this is true which is why he should have been sacked earlier when there was more choice and a transfer window as well; the timing has been a shambles

Knowing where Ralph has been and coming back from may be the biggest hint as to who's in line for the managers job.

Was he in China? AVB , Sven

Was he in the States? Klinsmann, Viera

Was he in Canada? Bradley??

Where else? Any guesses?

Knowing where Ralph has been and coming back from may be the biggest hint as to who's in line for the managers job.

Was he in Canada? Bradley??

Where else? Any guesses?

Was he in Sweden? Potter.

Was he in Canada? Bradley

Where else? Any guesses?

Pontypool by the look of it

WOuld sum up saints if they finally sacked Pellegrino only to replace him with the appalling Hughes.

Worse still is the thought he’ll likely linger even if he got us relegated.

Hoping bookies know nothing & club have a much better option up their sleeve.

Appalling! Christ. Have you been watching saints this season?

I'd be surprised if it's an interim deal, but would be an amazing outcome in our situation..!

Why ? Look at it from Hughes point of view. Why would he want to tie himself to a Championship club if the worst happens.

Think it’s the best deal for both sides

Appalling! Christ. Have you been watching saints this season?

Yes I have. What’s comical is that we appear to be after a manager who has performed poorer than Pellegrino this season in league and FA Cup. Next we’ll find out Pardew is their second choice because he is doing such a fantastic job at wba.