Is there anything good we can say about Pellegrino?

whelk

No. I was concerned after the 0-0 against Swansea on the opening day, that there was no clear difference between the performance and the ones that people criticised Puel for instigating. Whilst one game was too early to judge, I thought a manager with 'exciting, attacking football' would stand out pretty quickly.

He had more class than some of our supporters

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Absolutely this, especially one on this thread again having another cheap pop at another poster (and who thinks it is clever and funny to make fun of a young man's brutal murder).

Of course he wrote those words himself. Anyone who has heard and read his interviews would know that. He is clearly a decent, dignified and respectful man.

Why should he have resigned? He wanted to turn things round and was on the brink of an FA Cup semi-final. How many managers would turn their backs on that? How many managers ever resign?

All he is guilty of is not winning football matches. Hardly a hanging offence, although you might think it was given the way some people react.

Absolutely this, especially one on this thread again having another cheap pop at another poster (and who thinks it is clever and funny to make fun of a young man's brutal murder).

Of course he wrote those words himself. Anyone who has heard and read his interviews would know that. He is clearly a decent, dignified and respectful man.

Why should he have resigned? He wanted to turn things round and was on the brink of an FA Cup semi-final. How many managers would turn their backs on that? How many managers ever resign?

All he is guilty of is not winning football matches. Hardly a hanging offence, although you might think it was given the way some people react.

Do you think he should have been kept in place?

If not, when would you have sacked him?

Aha. Why did we employ him then ?

Really, your persistent desire to draw attention by being stand-offish and contrary is quite tedious and pathetic. Just waiting for the Lowe comment now.

Is that that another way of saying he was sh*t at his job?

He carried himself with dignity at all times. It’s hard to judge him generally given the toxic environment he operated in, that being the club, the players and the baying ugly mob that saints supporters have become, I don’t see much changing without a seismic cultural shift. I’m sure he will get another chance and do very well.

Aha. Why did we employ him then ?

Really, your persistent desire to draw attention by being stand-offish and contrary is quite tedious and pathetic. Just waiting for the Lowe comment now.

Batman - No. I would probably have sacked him in January. I dont think it is unreasonable to give a new manager up to the New Year to get to grips with a new job.

CB Fry - Pot. Kettle. Black. I will do a deal with you. I will start getting over myself the day you do, ok?

Alpine - What is tedious and pathetic is your never ending negativity and constant need to find sticks to beat the club with. Just because he didn't do well with us doesn't make him a bad human being. Character wise, Pellegrino is the polar opposite to Redknapp. He has always come across as decent and dignified man. This thread is called "Is There Anything Good We Can Say About Pellegrino?" There are plenty of other threads where you can vent your spleen about his poor record as a manager for us.

Oh, and you are the one who brought up Lowe, not me.

Batman - No. I would probably have sacked him in January. I dont think it is unreasonable to give a new manager up to the New Year to get to grips with a new job.

CB Fry - Pot. Kettle. Black. I will do a deal with you. I will start getting over myself the day you do, ok?

Alpine - What is tedious and pathetic is your never ending negativity and constant need to find sticks to beat the club with. Just because he didn't do well with us doesn't make him a bad human being. Character wise, Pellegrino is the polar opposite to Redknapp. He has always come across as decent and dignified man. This thread is called "Is There Anything Good We Can Say About Pellegrino?" There are plenty of other threads where you can vent your spleen about his poor record as a manager for us.

Oh, and you are the one who brought up Lowe, not me.

"Probably...in January" - you're so full of Maidstone manure pal.

Why would he pal - I had hitherto not posted on this thread :facepalm: Anyway you have :lol:

True enough but your need to butt in and get yourself attention is :facepalm: but you do follow

certain posters around like SOG to belittle them and others like Hypo to try to be popular... :lol:

True enough but your need to butt in and get yourself attention is :facepalm: but you do follow

certain posters around like SOG to belittle them and others like Hypo to try to be popular... :lol:

According to SOG, Hypo follows me around. Make your mind up fellas :lol:

His leaving statement was nice. I got the feeling he knew he was out of his depth and was also appreciative for the (misguided) support he received from the board, as at most clubs he would’ve been sacked long ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He carried himself with dignity at all times. It’s hard to judge him generally given the toxic environment he operated in, that being the club, the players and the baying ugly mob that saints supporters have become, I don’t see much changing without a seismic cultural shift. I’m sure he will get another chance and do very well.

I'm curious how you came to that conclusion. In his disastrous time here, with a decent squad, he's shown himself to be a completely talentless manager, out of his depth, and not very bright (to put it mildly). Nothing wrong with that, plenty of ex-players have no managerial ability (even some greats like Bobby Charlton). He should use his ill-gotten millions from us to retire comfortably, and maybe open and run a nice little cantina somewhere in Spain.

I'm curious how you came to that conclusion. In his disastrous time here, with a decent squad, he's shown himself to be a completely talentless manager, out of his depth, and not very bright (to put it mildly). Nothing wrong with that, plenty of ex-players have no managerial ability (even some greats like Bobby Charlton). He should use his ill-gotten millions from us to retire comfortably, and maybe open and run a nice little cantina somewhere in Spain.

It’s just an opinion, there is no science behind it, and a desire that things do go well for him, even if it’s a cantina in Spain ! Having said that, I think he has been let down badly by the current crop of poor and weak characters’we have.

How sweet. Soggy has his own little defender!

I once warned Always that you were like internet herpes and that once you contracted hypochondriac you had it for life. Sadly that seems to have been proven 100% true. You sound like a small boy who never really left the playground. Do you ever read your posts back to yourself? Surely you must be able to see how pathetic you come across? There is a reason why you fall out with more people each day. You also seem to be losing the plot. You did post that you would be ok with us losing against Wigan if it meant Pellegrino was sacked. What kind of supporter would pass up on an FA Cup semi-final for any reason? You say that your father-in-law likes you but didnt mention about your other in-laws, who also probably think that you are an immature ****. If you work, is your boss aware that you spend most of your days trying to wind people up on an internet forum? As for the other poster who you seem to be linked with and also seems to be bored all day so gets his jollies by trolling, I haven't lived in Maidstone for several years. I do think that the club was right to sack Pellegrino and I do think that they should have sacked him earlier. Is that clear enough for you? For those who seem to feel the need to personalise everything and find it a heinous crime to lose football matches, most football managers fail and it is possible to be a decent human being and to manage a club in the relegation zone. Duckhunter was spot on. Pellegrino has shown more class than many supporters. Hughes is lucky. If he manages to keep us up he will be a hero, if he doesnt he can bail out in a few months time and avoid the grief. Mind you, that will probably be aimed at Reed anyway.

Oh, and when are you coming back to Sotonians hypo? We miss you.

How sweet. Soggy has his own little defender!

I once warned Always that you were like internet herpes and that once you contracted hypochondriac you had it for life. Sadly that seems to have been proven 100% true. You sound like a small boy who never really left the playground. Do you ever read your posts back to yourself? Surely you must be able to see how pathetic you come across? There is a reason why you fall out with more people each day. You also seem to be losing the plot. You did post that you would be ok with us losing against Wigan if it meant Pellegrino was sacked. What kind of supporter would pass up on an FA Cup semi-final for any reason? You say that your father-in-law likes you but didnt mention about your other in-laws, who also probably think that you are an immature ****. If you work, is your boss aware that you spend most of your days trying to wind people up on an internet forum? As for the other poster who you seem to be linked with and also seems to be bored all day so gets his jollies by trolling, I haven't lived in Maidstone for several years. I do think that the club was right to sack Pellegrino and I do think that they should have sacked him earlier. Is that clear enough for you? For those who seem to feel the need to personalise everything and find it a heinous crime to lose football matches, most football managers fail and it is possible to be a decent human being and to manage a club in the relegation zone. Duckhunter was spot on. Pellegrino has shown more class than many supporters. Hughes is lucky. If he manages to keep us up he will be a hero, if he doesnt he can bail out in a few months time and avoid the grief. Mind you, that will probably be aimed at Reed anyway.

Oh, and when are you coming back to Sotonians hypo? We miss you.

He doesnt really bother me at all, he`s just like a fly that buzzes around your head until you swat it away, much the same for his posse....

We should just judge his obsession with us as a bit sad and try not be to harsh on him as he probably cant help it... bless him

He carried so much dignity as he bluffed his way through a season where he was utterly hapless at best, and took his multi million severance like a true gentleman.

Truly, we shall never see his like again. Hopefully.

Goodnight, sweet Prince.