Is there anything good we can say about Pellegrino?

whelk

28 points from 30 games. We got 22 from our last 21 last season so he didn't really make us any worse, not that it could get much worse. So yeah, that's about it, he was sh!t but we were already sh!t although not making us more sh!t than we already were is not much of an accomplishment.

He was dignified while confronting his own abject failure as a football manager, and as others noted, he has gone.

He’s done far too much damage to warrant much in the way of niceties.

Think the damage was already done, he just didn't do anything to undo it. This season has been coming since the second half of last season. I am having a hard time believing that both Puel and Pellegrino are this bad, something is very, very wrong with the players.

Did his car back-fire and the doors blow off as he drove away from St Mary's?

Nah, seemed a nice guy buy nice guys ain't no good as football managers, particularly in the PL. Out of his depth but much of the blame still sits on the shoulders of those further up to employ him in the first place and let letting it go this far.

He might be the nail in the coffin for Les and Ralph?

Totally agree. MP was the unfortunate front man stitched like a kipper by the arrogant, ne'er to be seen Reed and the lack of quality incoming players that has to be down to Ross Wilson.

I wish him well but don't expect that to be in the EPL.

I don't really hold any malice it wasn't like he was a **** or anything just not a good manager for the PL. I still hold to the view that the squad is fundamentally flawed as well. Our attacking players are poor and so our CBs which is going to give any manager we appoint some serious problems unless we give the squad a major overhaul.

He handled himself well. Other than that he was so bad I began to wonder if he was deliberately trying to sabotage the club.

He had zero ability for flexible thinking, had no idea about players best positions, had no idea about which players to pick and which to drop, continuously chopped and changed in a seemingly random pattern not allowing players to settle, had an utterly bizarre fearful attitude to winning, had no interest in scoring, was obsessed with possession football even though he could see game after game that it was a failed philosophy.

The worst manager in my 40 years of watching this club. Made Branfoot look like a decent manager.

I don't really hold any malice it wasn't like he was a **** or anything just not a good manager for the PL. I still hold to the view that the squad is fundamentally flawed as well. Our attacking players are poor and so our CBs which is going to give any manager we appoint some serious problems unless we give the squad a major overhaul.

Your observation about our attacking players is a worrying prospect for the new Manager. That starting four last Saturday - Tadic, Redmond, Ward-Prowse and Carillo is in my view the least effective and slowest in the Prem. Players like Sims, Boufal, Gabbiadini, Austin need to be drafted in attacking midfield support from Lemina and Hoj. Players like Redmond, Tadic and Long sub roles only.

Pointless thread (although I'll contribute anyway) with many pointless and vitriolic comments, would you say them to his face? I doubt any of you have met him so how can you comment? He was no doubt a decent man who has tried his hardest to make it work but failed, that doesn't make him a clown or a c*nt. IMO the toughest decision to be made in football is appointing a manager. When you buy a player you have a reasonable idea of how it will turn out but a manager is different. Who'd have thought Dyche would be such a good appointment for Burnley and who expected Carvalhal (sp) to have turned it round at Swansea. The board have had to make a number of appointments over the past few years, some they have got right such as Adkins, Poch and Koeman, this one they got wrong. I just hope they get the next one right.

As he was just about the complete opposite of how Reed billed him when he arrived, it has shown up the poor judgement again of those responsible for bringing him in and raises the question of where did they get this information from? His previous managerial record never suggested he was anything other than what we got.

I'd imagine Pellegrino's as ecstatic as we are at the news "at last, they've sacked me", he can now sit back for a few months and enjoy a few £million more in the bank balance. People not willing to take responsibility and admit their mistakes may cost us our Premier League place, heads will still probably roll in the summer if it happens.

As a person he seems a pleasant enough guy.

As manager of our club? All I can say is he should use his time off to write a book based on "How To Bluff Your Way Through Interviews To Get That Job You Want" because - and I stress, with hindsight - I have no idea how he managed to talk himself into that position in the first place.

As a person he seems a pleasant enough guy.

As manager of our club? All I can say is he should use his time off to write a book based on "How To Bluff Your Way Through Interviews To Get That Job You Want" because - and I stress, with hindsight - I have no idea how he managed to talk himself into that position in the first place.

What you mean to say is, he was the Ali Dia of managers.

I don't recognise MoPe from this description.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40385651

No, can't be the same guy. "I want to win matches..." Didn't see that in practice. If he had said "my philosophy is retain possession, don't let opposition have de ball, then we can draw matches" then yes, we got what it said on the tin. But huge discrepancy between what he said and what he did.