So...Mark Hughes

Saint Garrett

I want Hughes tosuceedbut if we were safe and looked at another team in our position and see MH being appointed we would :mcinnes::mcinnes:
What did you think when Swansea appointed the Wednesday sacked Carvalho?

Did you cheer when Redkrapp came in?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

He has a point though not many of us would have been impressed with Hughes last summer. Now we are so frigging desperate, after MoPe, that Hughes looks like a good option.

I was on night out with Panos early last season, and he was boasting how we'd made an approach for GR and he (I mean Panos) had told us to jog on.

Edit: Panos was calling the shots at Blues at the time, on behalf of his Criminal Overlords

Who the hell is Panos?

well if we had kept with Puel we wouldn't be in this position. I thought Redknapp would have done better,but I also felt that RL would have loosened the purse strings a tad to get players in to save the day. I was amazed about Swanseas decision, but they are pretty good at choosing managers to save the day

Definitely should have been kelvin.
I knew you'd agree, well done although I did think that Sherwood may have been better to improve the situation and has a history of developing and giving young players a chance. I will wish hughes well,

I once held Mark Hughes’ bag whilst he helped Carlton Palmer over a fence in an alley way next to Barnet’s Underhill ground, prior to Saints’ friendly there in 1998. Palmer had been locked in by an overly officious car park attendant. John Beresford stood there laughing. True story.

well if we had kept with Puel we wouldn't be in this position. I thought Redknapp would have done better,but I also felt that RL would have loosened the purse strings a tad to get players in to save the day. I was amazed about Swanseas decision, but they are pretty good at choosing managers to save the day
I didnt know you were a Puel fan you have never told us.....maybe if we had chosen better before he came we also wouldn't be in this position...guess who is to blame for all that?

I think he will kick some arses but the football will be ugly. I think honestly I’d prefer Silva long term but think Hughes has more chance of keeping us up but let’s be honest: this is three months too late now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not sure this is true. Some of the dirtiest football I've seen against us has been Hughes' Stoke teams. But, they have been matches where we've been in control and it's like the players were told "Southampton don't like it up 'em". In fairness, it worked, as we went from leading 2-0 in the cup to 2-2 before Pelle grabbed a late winner. I think the other game was under Puel when we drew 0-0 but they had 10 men and it felt like we had about 90% possession.

They might have been dirty of those occasions, but they weren't a 'lump it forward' side. Hughes got a lot of credit for morphing a Tony Pulis side into one that played attractive football at times - not always an easy feat, when you consider how Pardew has fared following Pulis at WBA.

I don't recall Football playing "route 1" football under him, and I can't believe he'd have got the Man City job on the back of playing hoofball with Blackburn. I remember being convinced he would be a failure at Blackburn, and he surprised me. I've never liked him, and I have always been sceptical of his appointments at various clubs, but with the exception of the car-crash-FC-QPR, he has always done better than I expected him to.

I don't know if he'll keep us up, but I know we have a better chance than we did a few days ago.

All but signed. Expecting it to be announced tomorrow :)

He’s currently staying in that new hotel in ocean village.

I’m pretty happy happy if I’m honest, could have been worse.

The good news is that if Hughes does prove a success then he will stay with us and not get poached. Silva would have been linked with every job going if he had any success at all.

I am a little anxious that Hughes might not be a good fit with the Southampton culture. Maybe that stems from when he played for us and it always felt like he was still an outsider.

I think most Saints fans need to reassess their expectations. My definition of a good season is a to finish mid table, a good cup run and several youth team players come through the ranks.

The good news is that if Hughes does prove a success then he will stay with us and not get poached. Silva would have been linked with every job going if he had any success at all.

I am a little anxious that Hughes might not be a good fit with the Southampton culture. Maybe that stems from when he played for us and it always felt like he was still an outsider.

I think most Saints fans need to reassess their expectations. My definition of a good season is a to finish mid table, a good cup run and several youth team players come through the ranks.

Impression I got that he was doing us a favour playing for us after some previous sides... was played in wrong position granted and looked unhappy for sure ..

6 points from Puel's last 8 games, also 6 blanks in front of goal. We really weren't doing any better than we are now at the end of his tenure.

6 points from Puel's last 8 games, also 6 blanks in front of goal. We really weren't doing any better than we are now at the end of his tenure.

I think it was Cartman that posted last night that Saints only got 22 points from their last 21 games and very few goals. Pellegrino was an abysmal manager but some of the problems clearly preceded despite the foolish attempts to re-write history by a few posters. Les is a constant throughout - 4 bodged transfer windows and 2 shocking managerial appointments.

Hughes won’t win everyone round but what do the club have to lose? Pellegrino would have had them 19th at best. At Stoke, wasn’t there a fan who parked a truck with a huge ‘Hughes Out’ sign outside their ground even the day Hughes was confirmed? Don’t think he’d have been won around on Oatcake fanzine somehow...

Good. I suspect Les had Hughes in mind for a while, and was able to move fairly fast if he is indeed signed up and running training sessions tomorrow. I feel pretty positive about this, but it could still be relief that Pellegrino’s no longer in charge.

That's where I saw Tadic at lunchtime!

Carillo was there the evening after he made his debut. Must be popular with the players.

That’s also where they conducted interviews over past couple of days. Rented a few conference suits.

Was told Marco Silva interviewed yesterday, but starting to doubt and think they got the wrong Mark!

Hughes, really. Is that where we are at now. If so, clearly a 5h!t load of fckup's have taken us to this point and I'm concerned that those making the decisions have not paid the price for their obvious inadequacies.

Yes we've gotten rid of the clown that was Pellegrino, but Hughes, Mark f'ing Hughes... jeesh

Hughes, really. Is that where we are at now. If so, clearly a 5h!t load of fckup's have taken us to this point and I'm concerned that those making the decisions have not paid the price for their obvious inadequacies.

Yes we've gotten rid of the clown that was Pellegrino, but Hughes, Mark f'ing Hughes... jeesh

Whimpering crybaby.

Yes really - now get over yourself and get behind him and the team.

It’s almost as if we’re in a position where we can’t pick and choose the finest manager around.

I used to think that Mark Hughes was the fat sweaty girl at 3am down the pub desperate for anyone to take her home.

Thanks to Leslie its now Saints that are the chunky chick in the boob tube at 3am.

Hughes is hugely uninspiring and worrying average but so are we. Doubtful anyone else would want us right now.

Wheels have not only fallen off but been nicked and set fire to.

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk