So...Mark Hughes

Saint Garrett

I agree whith that ,surley at stoke something went disasterously wrong somewhere along the road for him to be in the position of being sacked.

Not sure if he can galvanise the squad into saving this season,for me at least 4 games too late to appoint a new man for the job.

Still look at one positive the Stoke coaches trainned Butland right,maybe just maybe they could reignite Forster and co? not too sure Watson wants them here given the new coaches that would be on the way.

His training was questionable,,, some players didnt like him, played wrong players in wrong positions, took a solid back line and made it leak goals. stop stoke being the example of English football being a ruff and tough place to go, in other words, he ruined Stoke FC. its why stoke fans hate him..

i got to watch them train most days as i live round corner from the stoke training ground, and having watched them before Hughes and during and after, i can agree, he is a bad appointment imho.

Think bringing back Adkins would be better tbh.

We have left it way too late! So late that we are in the situation where Hughes is the best of a bad bunch, Silva does not want to come.

Had we acted sooner there would be a better choice & calibre of manager available!

Not many people are going to want to risk their reputation on us when there is a very high risk of relegation! Eight games isn't enough

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

If Saints have been negotiating all day Sparky must be sitting very smug - Saints won't want this to fall apart and start all over again with someone else tomorrow - puts the boy Hughes in a very strong negotiating position....the clock is ticking

Stay anywhere as long as he was at Stoke and you'll probably end up sacked after a bad spell. You either get poached for doing well, or have a bad season eventually. He did well for a while, but it just went stale. It would be highly unlikely he or anyone else would be here 4 seasons anyway, it's just not the modern way.

That said, if he did keep us up somehow, I'd be confident he can take this squad to 8th again. That's without even spending. A well organised confident team from this squad can be better than Burnley. You'd hope we'd be able to clinch the Promes deal and get another CB as well.

Personally I'm just looking forward to matches again, everyone behind the team and a fresh start away from Pellegrino.

Which will last as long as it takes for the opposition to score past our error prone CBs..

Stay anywhere as long as he was at Stoke and you'll probably end up sacked after a bad spell. You either get poached for doing well, or have a bad season eventually. He did well for a while, but it just went stale. It would be highly unlikely he or anyone else would be here 4 seasons anyway, it's just not the modern way.

That said, if he did keep us up somehow, I'd be confident he can take this squad to 8th again. That's without even spending. A well organised confident team from this squad can be better than Burnley. You'd hope we'd be able to clinch the Promes deal and get another CB as well.

Personally I'm just looking forward to matches again, everyone behind the team and a fresh start away from Pellegrino.

Will be a miracle if he does. Sure, people will say "He's got good players" but it's going to take a hell of a job to rid us of the malaise around the club.

Wish him all the best & like you say, I'm actually looking (cautiously) forward to games again.

If Saints have been negotiating all day Sparky must be sitting very smug - Saints won't want this to fall apart and start all over again with someone else tomorrow - puts the boy Hughes in a very strong negotiating position....the clock is ticking

Nice to see him representing himself in the talks. I imagine that's actually easier to do business with.

Will be a miracle if he does. Sure, people will say "He's got good players" but it's going to take a hell of a job to rid us of the malaise around the club.

Wish him all the best & like you say, I'm actually looking (cautiously) forward to games again.

I dunno. West Ham game is key. If we pick up a win there and manage to win one of the three home games then we've got a reasonable chance.

Frankly, the next two games are huge. Feel good feeling of a semi final on the horizon or dumped out of the cup by a third tier team and then a six pointer against a team having their own crisis.

cant believe so many on here think we can do better than hughes ffs,we r in a crap situation,silva is probably still waiting for everton/benfica so wouldn't waste his time with us.

bilic has ruled him self out,so it leaves hughes, as we wont be able to prise fulhams manager as he's a good chance of bringing them up.

lets get behind hughes for the remaining fixtures if it is him and do our part in helping the team stay up.

we've a great chance of reaching a semi final,though very tuff,so starting at wigan sing up and hopefully we can do this.

I used to look at Hughes’ dour, miserable face moaning face on the sidelines and think to myself I’m so glad he’s not our manager.

Its come to something when I’m happy to see him coming in to hopefully keep us up.

Rowett would love to talk to Saints, he's been pretty disappointed he wasn't interviewed when we was replacing Puel.

Interesting. I too thought he should have been in the frame for the job at that time, and last summer and now too. OK, so he is in a job, but who gives a ****? Call Derby. Ask to speak to him, see how the land lies. Absolutely no reason why he couldn't jump ship at this time. Absolutely no reason why he couldn't replicate the amazing job he did at Brum at our place.

Interesting. I too thought he should have been in the frame for the job at that time, and last summer and now too. OK, so he is in a job, but who gives a ****? Call Derby. Ask to speak to him, see how the land lies. Absolutely no reason why he couldn't jump ship at this time. Absolutely no reason why he couldn't replicate the amazing job he did at Brum at our place.

And no reason why he would dump Derby this close to the playoffs

cant believe so many on here think we can do better than hughes ffs,we r in a crap situation,silva is probably still waiting for everton/benfica so wouldn't waste his time with us.

bilic has ruled him self out,so it leaves hughes, as we wont be able to prise fulhams manager as he's a good chance of bringing them up.

lets get behind hughes for the remaining fixtures if it is him and do our part in helping the team stay up.

we've a great chance of reaching a semi final,though very tuff,so starting at wigan sing up and hopefully we can do this.

I don't think there are many saying that most of us realise the options are extremely limited. The point is why did the club get itself into a position where our only viable option is Mark frigging Hughes? If we had given him the job last summer the reaction from most saints fans would been pretty negative so I can understand why some people aren't exactly jumping for joy, even if they need to temper that with the reality of the situation, it's not an appointment that brings any excitement..

I don't think there are many saying that most of us realise the options are extremely limited. The point is why did the club get itself into a position where our only viable option is Mark frigging Hughes? If we had given him the job last summer the reaction from most saints fans would been pretty negative so I can understand why some people aren't exactly jumping for joy, even if they need to temper that with the reality of the situation, it's not an appointment that brings any excitement..

I think the only reason they sacked Mope was because of the stories from the media that were beginning to slate the club otherwise they would have held fire imo! Anything else truly shows incompetence.

I have been not-so reliably informed it’s done, announced later today, assistants come with him, short-term deal, Big bonus for keeping us up. End of seasoned deal jobbie, but could go on longer, nothing ruled out.

Basically all the sh1t u read in a paper yesterday :lol:

Understandable, but if so, watch him play the kids against Wigan (and in the semi-final if we get that far).

They should have closed this off by now or negotiating with the 2nd choice. We do not have time to waste, something that Reed needs to understand when handling transfers in.

Rowett would love to talk to Saints, he's been pretty disappointed he wasn't interviewed when we was replacing Puel.

Tell him that I f he wants an interview he’ll have to follow our strict criteria:

Be unemployed

Happy to play Les’ favoured formation

Happy to answer to Les

FWIW I think Rowett would be great for us, not sure we’d be great for him though!

I was on night out with Panos early last season, and he was boasting how we'd made an approach for GR and he (I mean Panos) had told us to jog on.

Edit: Panos was calling the shots at Blues at the time, on behalf of his Criminal Overlords

prediction again.

to be announced tomorrow lunch to ensure maximum coverage as tonight will have chelsea vs barca all over it.

OR

to be announced tonight at 9 when most people will have their eye on the Chelsea game

We are owed some luck from Hughes Saints spell. If I recall correctly he had a goal stolen from him due to a shot that he hit so hard that it hit the advertising hoardings behind the net and bounced back out, the ref and lino assumed he'd missed the net.

I think he will kick some arses but the football will be ugly. I think honestly I’d prefer Silva long term but think Hughes has more chance of keeping us up but let’s be honest: this is three months too late now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We are owed some luck from Hughes Saints spell. If I recall correctly he had a goal stolen from him due to a shot that he hit so hard that it hit the advertising hoardings behind the net and bounced back out, the ref and lino assumed he'd missed the net.

I remember that incident. Was at the other end of the ground right and saw the ball go in and come back out. Strange moment.

Yup, v Leeds. I was side on to that. Couldn’t believe my eyes!

'kin 'ell Charlie Adam's long pauses on 5Live when being asked about Hughes don't inspire confidence.
I want Hughes tosuceedbut if we were safe and looked at another team in our position and see MH being appointed we would :mcinnes::mcinnes: