So when will the new manager be announced and what changes do you expect to see?

SaintJackoInHurworth

Do you think we should have stuck with the worst manager we have ever had then, just because David Moyes hasn't taken West Ham into European contention?

Where have I said that? We should have changed manager months ago and strengthened the squad properly in January we didn't and we have this cluster ****. We shouldn't have ever been in the position were Mark ****ing Hughes was our only option to save our season.

So. The manager is irrelevant?

Not irrelevant but a lot less relevant than some think. Our squad right now with the injuries to Yoshida and Austin is bottom 5 in my mind. Our midfield has some ok options but we're incredibly weak where games are won and lost.

Not irrelevant but a lot less relevant than some think. Our squad right now with the injuries to Yoshida and Austin is bottom 5 in my mind. Our midfield has some ok options but we're incredibly weak where games are won and lost.

I agree with you - take out Lemina, Bertrand, Romeu and perhaps Cedric, Boufal and Gabbiadini - Sims for promise and our squad is definitely bottom 5. Just the same, I'm glad Hughes is here - he gives us a sniff of staying up.

Just like West brom, West ham, Stoke and to extant Palace then? All have changed the manager and it has had little major effect. Swansea and Watford are probably the only teams improved. There are issues with the squad that Hughes is going to have problems sorting out in 8-10 games

In defence we have only two fit CBs both of whom are error prone and a bit **** in the air he can't do anything about them other than play someone out of position as an Ersatz CB or go extra defensive in midfield to give them more protection.

Up front our only natural goal scorer isn't fit giving us a choice of three goal shy strikers who have 5 goals between them all season again not much he can do about it

We lack pace in the side again hard for him to do anything about other than play Shane "4% conversion rate" Long or young untried Josh Sims

But isn't that a manager's job? Especially Hughesies? To find the strengths and weaknesses in our team, and to change things to ensure survival? He hasn't the time to rearrange things the way he normally plays, he has to find quick solutions to these.

But isn't that a manager's job? Especially Hughesies? To find the strengths and weaknesses in our team, and to change things to ensure survival? He hasn't the time to rearrange things the way he normally plays, he has to find quick solutions to these.

Yes it is I just have my doubts he can actually find solutions for our squad weaknesses with so little time. How does he turn Stephens and Hoedt into beasts in the air in 8-10 games when they've been constantly out jumped and out muscled for months for example.

Yes it is I just have my doubts he can actually find solutions for our squad weaknesses with so little time. How does he turn Stephens and Hoedt into beasts in the air in 8-10 games when they've been constantly out jumped and out muscled for months for example.
We haven't actually conceded that many goals. It's the other end that needs sorting.

We haven't actually conceded that many goals. It's the other end that needs sorting.

Only 5 clean sheets in 30 games. That's awful. Even worse when you see they were against Huddersfield(15th), Palace(18th), West Brom(20th), Man Utd(2nd), Stoke(19th); 4 of them against bottom 6 teams.

Only 5 clean sheets in 30 games. That's awful. Even worse when you see they were against Huddersfield(15th), Palace(18th), West Brom(20th), Man Utd(2nd), Stoke(19th); 4 of them against bottom 6 teams.
Our goal difference is better than 6 other teams. It's goals scored that is our main issue.

I'm not sure how a goal difference of -15 equates to a solid defence. Good teams are built on a good defence.

But yes we are **** at the other end to I saw this morning Shane Long has a 4% shots to goals conversion rate this season ...4% for a striker shocking

I'm not sure how a goal difference of -15 equates to a solid defence. Good teams are built on a good defence.

But yes we are **** at the other end to I saw this morning Shane Long has a 4% shots to goals conversion rate this season ...4% for a striker shocking

I didn't say we have a solid defence. It's been our lack of adventure and thus lack of goals this season that has seen us draw and lose so many games in my opinion.

I didn't say we have a solid defence. It's been our lack of adventure and thus lack of goals this season that has seen us draw and lose so many games in my opinion.

Or a lack of a solid defence that has allowed to many draws that should have been wins our goals would be enough if we could keep clean sheets.

No we should not have stuck with him but Doddie makes some valid points

It is not completely down to the manager a great deal is down to the players and the lack of recruitment of consistent pacey and exciting player some of which should be able to score a few goals

Ummmmm when our players did score and play well they were promptly dropped. It spent 20m on a player who didn’t score in nine games, looked very average and didn’t drop him...

I think this was a typical e ample of his poor management amongst many more....

At the end of the day MP a good bag of tools spent millions on another one and just wasn’t savvy enough to manage well...

Ummmmm when our players did score and play well they were promptly dropped. It spent 20m on a player who didn’t score in nine games, looked very average and didn’t drop him...

I think this was a typical e ample of his poor management amongst many more....

At the end of the day MP a good bag of tools spent millions on another one and just wasn’t savvy enough to manage well...

I think your analysis is delusional and I don't think you have any idea of football just because someone scores a goal it does not mean he is playing well

If players do not perform well it is not always the fault of the manager Forster Soares Hoedt Stephens Redmond Davis Long etc have not been consistent and have made too many mistakes

I think your analysis is delusional and I don't think you have any idea of football just because someone scores a goal it does not mean he is playing well

If players do not perform well it is not always the fault of the manager Forster Soares Hoedt Stephens Redmond Davis Long etc have not been consistent and have made too many mistakes

It’s the fault of the manager if he keeps picking them regardless.

Errrr if you don’t score goals you will get relegated so yes you do need goal scorers ..... if you call that ‘delusional’ I would disagree with you.

It’s the fault of the manager if he keeps picking them regardless.

Errrr if you don’t score goals you will get relegated so yes you do need goal scorers ..... if you call that ‘delusional’ I would disagree with you.

Who would you have picked in defence then with VVD sold and Yoshida injured instead of Hoedt and Stephens? Cedric has been poor this season but his only replacement is an even poorer Pied so what's a manager to do?

Who would you have picked in defence then with VVD sold and Yoshida injured instead of Hoedt and Stephens? Cedric has been poor this season but his only replacement is an even poorer Pied so what's a manager to do?

Getting into individual opinions on suitable replacements is a very debate....

I doubt we would agree on Pelligrinos choices let alone our own.

However he made a complete dogs dinner of team selection and most certainly of tactics.

In my view he dropped players straight after a good performance. He changes tactics straight after changing them reasonably successfully for a short time in the Stoke game he then goes back yet again to his plan ‘A’ for the Newcastle game!

Don’t know if you were at Newcastle but it was the culmination of a season of amateur Management.

He has now gone and deserved to !

Edited by captainchris

• 3 weeks later...
We should beat Wigan but after that I'd expect Hughes to start to have an influence so we'll get shambolic defence and heavy defeats. This season Hughes' Stoke team lost 3-0 at home to West Ham, 4-0 at home and 5-0 away to Chelsea and 7-2 away to Man City so we can expect similar defeats in our remaining games.

What you'll get from managers like Hughes and Pardew is depressingly predictable.

Getting into individual opinions on suitable replacements is a very debate....

I doubt we would agree on Pelligrinos choices let alone our own.

However he made a complete dogs dinner of team selection and most certainly of tactics.

In my view he dropped players straight after a good performance. He changes tactics straight after changing them reasonably successfully for a short time in the Stoke game he then goes back yet again to his plan ‘A’ for the Newcastle game!

Don’t know if you were at Newcastle but it was the culmination of a season of amateur Management.

He has now gone and deserved to !

And yesterday again proved the players aren't good enough our defence is a shadow of the one we had two seasons ago. As is our attack and arguably our midfield.

While we can certainly point to plenty of manager mistakes, the last couple of seasons, we are on our third manager with the same set of players and we still look terrible. At some point people have to except this slide over the last two seasons is more than just bad manager decisions.

And yesterday again proved the players aren't good enough our defence is a shadow of the one we had two seasons ago. As is our attack and arguably our midfield.

While we can certainly point to plenty of manager mistakes, the last couple of seasons, we are on our third manager with the same set of players and we still look terrible. At some point people have to except this slide over the last two seasons is more than just bad manager decisions.

Looking at the team before kick off yesterday I was actually made up thinking this is what we’ve been waiting for all season however after that performance I 100% have to agree with you no matter who the manager is this squad is focked and needs a huge clear out even if we stay up