Official..Southampton appoint Mark Hughes.

saint lard

Solid appointment at a stage where few would be interested.

Note that Reed nor Krueger have made a single comment on either Pellegrino nor Hughes via the website. Pretty spineless leadership.

Not in the pics either. They only want to know when it’s easy going.

Spineless, poisonous, cowardly toxic bottlejobs

Note that Reed nor Krueger have made a single comment on either Pellegrino nor Hughes via the website. Pretty spineless leadership.

Maybe sacking Pellegrino and appointing Hughes wasn’t Les’s decision!

Maybe Les and Ralph are now being edged out my Mr Gao...

At least we won't be stuck with him next season when we're trying to get promoted.

A couple of ex-players on The Debate downplaying the myth of Hughes being a no nonsense, arse kicking manager - Mark Schwarzer just said he sometimes saw him ranting at officials on the sideline and wished he would be more like that in the dressing room.

Good luck to him. I don't think he'll make any impact on our decline as it's a) probably too ingrained at this point, and b) he's not very good, but I hope to be proven very wrong.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

Oh, and welcome back Mark... important bit of advice... ignore the whimpering crybaby gender neutral fan boys on twitter and the like. They’ve never kicked a football in their lives, yet pontificate from their ivory towers about how ‘having two strikers would solve the problem scoring goals’ and that ‘we haven’t been bad this season, just unlucky’.

Weirdos. You have the backing of the sensible, stable and more knowledgable fans.

My only criticism is that it is a very short term thing. If he’s right, he’s right. And the players knowing he’s not around for long diminishes his authority, perhaps?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

For those that are underwhelmed, as well as all other football supporters out there that seem to be commenting, who exactly do you think we should have signed? I see all these comments about how uninspired it was, and how it is just recycling the same old failures. I really have no idea what people expect. If we signed someone "inspired", ie that had never managed in the PL before, then those same people would be saying we were mad. It is ridiculous to think that we should appoint someone without any experience of the PL for the remaining 8 games, and who is also available. So that limits things a bit now, doesn't it?

Can just about stomach this as it's an end of season appointment only. Hope he gets us organised but it's a nothing appointment born out of desperation rather than a thorough process (a luxury we couldn't afford). Brand of football is grim and Stoke are in fact below us. Still if he keeps us up...

We are **** and beggars clearly couldn't be choosers

"It's a challenge I'm excited by. It's a great opportunity to come back to a club I know well, and a club I've got real affinity with, and I couldn't turn that down," Hughes said.

A real affinity with? Hmmmm, ok if you say so, Mark.

Good luck to him though, he's gonna need it! Looking forward to seeing his first win on Sunday :-)

Nelly Gao didn’t have to say a lot to me to say exactly what was going to happen.when and who. her silence said loads at times.

I will leave that there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I too have experienced women not really wanting to speak to me.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

I noticed Reed posing for pictures in the interview video that came out a few minutes ago. The club must have just opted not to publish any right away.