Official..Southampton appoint Mark Hughes.

saint lard

Will be interesting to see what team he picks and if he identifies some of the issues we've talked about on here..... eg Tadic/Redmond left or right. Boufal over Redmond. Gabbi as a striker or behind Carrillo. Gabbi INSTEAD of Carrillo. Boufal behind striker. Which two of Lemina/Hoj/Romeu. Which two of Hoedt/Stephens/Yoshi. Who takes free kicks/corners/penalties. 4-5-1 or 4-4-2

Interesting times, looking forward to them.

207B100A-3184-4969-A97B-2CD921580394.jpg

Well, Les Reed can be seen smiling here, and more interestingly on his desk, it says ‘WIGAN ATHLETIC OPPOSITION DOSSIER’.

I gather the feeling Pellegrino turned a blind eye to those- hopefully Hughes will get us suitably prepared for this Sunday!

Nelly Gao didn’t have to say a lot to me to say exactly what was going to happen.when and who. her silence said loads at times.

I will leave that there.

Why ‘leave it there’? Something to say, say it, otherwise don’t bother.

1.5/10

He's quite fond of burbling inconsequential rubbish.

We've got Mark Hughes, Sparky Mark Hughes, I just don't think you understand, were going down, he's just another clown, we've got Sparky Mark Hughes!

Not as good as the West Ham song.

Come on feel the noise

We've got Davey Moyes

We're going down down down

I love the bit where Hughesy gathers the players around him and points to the goal and says ‘That’s the ****ing goal over there, and when we get the ball we don’t ****ing pass it backwards you ****s.’

The most worrying thing on that video is that he’s chatting with Redmond at the end......unless Redmond was saying ‘I’m a bit shi**te boss so don’t pick me unless you’re totally desperate “

The most worrying thing on that video is that he’s chatting with Redmond at the end......unless Redmond was saying ‘I’m a bit shi**te boss so don’t pick me unless you’re totally desperate “

For me, everyone gets a clean slate now, there's probably a decent player in there with Redmond with the right coaching. FFS, Koeman had Longy playing like a world-beater when he came back from injury and was crowned Player of the Season for the 4 months he appeared that season!

Hopefully shackles off for some players now.

For me, everyone gets a clean slate now, there's probably a decent player in there with Redmond with the right coaching. FFS, Koeman had Longy playing like a world-beater when he came back from injury and was crowned Player of the Season for the 4 months he appeared that season!

Hopefully shackles off for some players now.

There is a photo in the stills gallery of Boufal and Lemina, Boufal has a look on his face like some one has found the key to his and Leminas leg irons.

Nope I don't want to see Gabbi up front as the lone striker he isn't suited to it. Wouldn't mind seeing him tried playing in behind Guido though or wide as part of a front three.

I agree. I don't want to see Gabbiadini as a lone striker either

With all the arm chair experts out there saying that it is the recycling of another failed manager, that it is an uninspired appointment, that they hope we get relegated (why that is because we have replaced a donkey with Hughes is anyone's guess), that we are doomed, etc etc......I can't wait to see Hughes show them all that they are completely wrong. Well, I hope that I will be able to see that!!

[emoji106] need Gabbiadini in the box face to goal

It doesn't matter whether Gabbiadini has his face to goal or his back. At his most confident, he can score either way. All he needs is decent service and a partner to feed off in or around the box with him.

He has to centre our attack around Gabbiadini. Ridiculous that he has been shunted out

He does, and I think he will. I also hope he goes for speed and guile with Sims, Boufal and I expect he will play Redmond. Lemina, Romeu and Hoj are musts as regular midfielders. He should leave Ward-Prowse on the bench,

With a strike rate of 30:1 for us Hughes is well placed to whip our rubbish striking into shape.

That must be some kind of record for a lead-the-line forward.

I'm puzzled how you worked that out? :?

Plus when he played for Saints he was used in midfield not as a striker and it was at the end of his career.

He played as a striker at Man Utd, Chelsea, Bayern Munich & Barcelona for good reason... he was a very good striker!

You being serious?

Yes he had a few good games, when he first arrived, then went of the boil ever since, which isn't thriving in my book.

He doesn't have the attributes I want from a lone striker he isn't particularly good in the air, doesn't hold the ball up to bring others into play and can't play with his back to goal. He is a support striker probably best played in the same role Jrod played under Poch. I want a front man to be like Lambert or Pelle Gabbi isn't that sort if player in my book.