New manager 2018-19 season thread

harriesss

Given that that some people wanted Pellegrino out after 8 games, isnt it a bit previous to say Hughes no matter what? I know that this is Saintsweb, but judging after one game???

Or they are just good judges of ability? If you had watched his frightened rabbit in headlights on haunches at Wolves game you would have been worried too!

Edited by Give it to Ron

Given that that some people wanted Pellegrino out after 8 games, isnt it a bit previous to say Hughes no matter what? I know that this is Saintsweb, but judging after one game???

I think I have been right in the last 18 months

Why doesn't Hughes get the standard three years in the role you usually argue for?

Have you forgotten Alex Ferguson and Lawrie McMenemy?

Absolutely. If Hughes gets us out of the sh*t, we should go on bended knee to retain his services.

Edited by Wade Garrett
Annoying auto-correction highlighted by Hypo

I think that Jokanović ticks many of Les Reed’s boxes.

Brendan Rodgers would be good also. I’m not 100% convinced he wants to come here, and I have a hard time forgetting his comments about our club when he was busy swiping our players.

This. can't stand the nauseating artificial tw*t. Don't want him anywhere near our club.

Disagree on this one. Unless he comfortably keeps us up and wins the cup, then yes, I agree.

I think the fact we waited so long to sack MP and that we've only given him an 8 game contract suggests that we have our eye on someone in the summer. Or at the very least want to keep our options open.

(should we stay up) Personally, I think we'll go for Rodgers or Emery. (If we go down, I wouldn't be surprised if we kept Hughes - all depends on how we perform over the next 9-11 games.

Is that meant as a joke or some more crazy delusions of grandeur?

A name that's going to draw players to us, genius.

Nigel didn’t have to ‘attract’ anyone when he was here. A gold plated squad was in place and paid very handsomely for it

Which would be a different beast to anyone taking over should we get relegated