New manager 2018-19 season thread

harriesss

Will Mark Hughes sign a new deal to lead our charge into Europe/to avoid relegation/to achieve promotion (delete as appropriate) next season?

Or will we have a new manager leading us to one of the above next season?

Thoughts and suggestions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think he'll be our manager whatever happens and whatever league we're in next season.

Disagree on this one. Unless he comfortably keeps us up and wins the cup, then yes, I agree.

I think the fact we waited so long to sack MP and that we've only given him an 8 game contract suggests that we have our eye on someone in the summer. Or at the very least want to keep our options open.

(should we stay up) Personally, I think we'll go for Rodgers or Emery. (If we go down, I wouldn't be surprised if we kept Hughes - all depends on how we perform over the next 9-11 games.

I'd be surprised if there wasn't a partial agreement, or at least a frank conversation with Hughes, about staying on next season. I'm not a huge fan of the appointment, but if the football improves, players perform closer to their ability, he keeps us up and doesn't do anything stupid, it would be pretty unfair to kick him straight out. I'm sure he want assurances that it's his job to lose, before agreeing this current contract.

Go get Roger Schmidt, please!

Though I wouldn’t be averse to MH staying if he keeps us up, he’d deserve an opportunity if he gets results with the sh1tty fixture list we’ve got left. He solid enough, let him try build something. He’d never be my first choice, but if he does keep us up, he does deserve a chance.

I'd be surprised if there wasn't a partial agreement, or at least a frank conversation with Hughes, about staying on next season. I'm not a huge fan of the appointment, but if the football improves, players perform closer to their ability, he keeps us up and doesn't do anything stupid, it would be pretty unfair to kick him straight out. I'm sure he want assurances that it's his job to lose, before agreeing this current contract.

From what I was told, it’s 8 games, see how both parties feel at the end of the season and where we are and we’ll go from there. Him staying is not being ruled out.

Go get Roger Schmidt, please!

Though I wouldn’t be averse to MH staying if he keeps us up, he’d deserve an opportunity if he gets results with the sh1tty fixture list we’ve got left. He solid enough, let him try build something. He’d never be my first choice, but if he does keep us up, he does deserve a chance.

if Hughes keeps us up he deserves to stay

Jokanovic if Fulham don't go up, has to be. Plenty of Fulham fans saying Matt Targett is the best left back they've ever had, as well as the form of 17 year old Ryan Sessegnon, show he's a manager for young players and plays great attacking football, he's the perfect fit. But would be very happy with Rodgers, never thought I would've said that a few years back given how much I can't stand the bloke.

Jokanovic if Fulham don't go up, has to be. Plenty of Fulham fans saying Matt Targett is the best left back they've ever had, as well as the form of 17 year old Ryan Sessegnon, show he's a manager for young players and plays great attacking football, he's the perfect fit. But would be very happy with Rodgers, never thought I would've said that a few years back given how much I can't stand the bloke.

I think that Jokanović ticks many of Les Reed’s boxes.

Brendan Rodgers would be good also. I’m not 100% convinced he wants to come here, and I have a hard time forgetting his comments about our club when he was busy swiping our players.

I'd stick with him either way but especially if we go down. He's exactly the sort of manager that does well in that league. I'd be more confident of going straight back up than I would be with someone like Silva.

has he ever managed in the Championship ?

If we were to go down, then depending on where their current teams end up, I think either Jokanovic or Rowett would be better placed, but whether they'd be tempted by us in that division and not the PL is questionable.

has he ever managed in the Championship ?

If we were to go down, then depending on where their current teams end up, I think either Jokanovic or Rowett would be better placed, but whether they'd be tempted by us in that division and not the PL is questionable.

Hughes has only ever managed in the Prem but would be a decent appointment to get us back up.

Rowett has done well but Jesus he is just Mark Hughes but younger. Pretty functional football. I know a couple of Derby fans who are completely not convinced by him. Total bog standard English manager who in five years time will be sneered at as a "same old name" boring manager who has never done anything etc etc etc. Just a Paul Jewell who hasn't had a failure yet.

Jokanovic, we'll see. He might get promoted anyway and if he doesn't I can't see him coming to us as he probably would be a decent shout for a Prem club.

The last person we would need is Brendan Rodgers ! He plays in a league with no competition and falls apart when playing anyone of note , and Liverpool , who did he have playing for him ? And never forget his comments about our Club , I won't and neither should you .

What, them comments that turned out to be 100% accurate.

He had no affiliation to us, that was his opinion (which looking back, was right), he was entitled to express it.

Hughes has only ever managed in the Prem but would be a decent appointment to get us back up.

Rowett has done well but Jesus he is just Mark Hughes but younger. Pretty functional football. I know a couple of Derby fans who are completely not convinced by him. Total bog standard English manager who in five years time will be sneered at as a "same old name" boring manager who has never done anything etc etc etc. Just a Paul Jewell who hasn't had a failure yet.

Jokanovic, we'll see. He might get promoted anyway and if he doesn't I can't see him coming to us as he probably would be a decent shout for a Prem club.

Interesting obsevations on Rowett as I've only heard a couple of Birmingham fans who speak highly of him.

Interesting obsevations on Rowett as I've only heard a couple of Birmingham fans who speak highly of him.
My barber really doesn't like him. Thinks he's far too negative/over cautious, especially early this season. True story.

I'm getting my haircut next week so I'll get further updates then.

My barber really doesn't like him. Thinks he's far too negative/over cautious, especially early this season. True story.

I'm getting my haircut next week so I'll get further updates then.

Why not? Does he not tip much or is t very chatty when he is in the chair?

Assuming all goes well, I can see Hughes being here for a while.

The short term contract is a safety net for both sides given the fact his appointment is SO late on in the season, but I can't believe that we wouldn't have at least discussed the possibility of something longer term.