Fascinating next Saints manager odds.

tisspahars

The Betfair market is only settled if a manager completes 10 games in charge which means you have the bizarre situation where you can currently back Mark Hughes to be next Saints manager at around 4/6 despite the fact that he already is! Working out if that is a good or bad price is a particularly salty problem imo. I think we can be pretty sure he will complete 8 games but you then have to factor in the likelihood of whether we stay up or not and whether that makes him more likely to stay or not. For an odds addict like me it is, as I say, a fascinating one.

The Betfair market is only settled if a manager completes 10 games in charge which means you have the bizarre situation where you can currently back Mark Hughes to be next Saints manager at around 4/6 despite the fact that he already is! Working out if that is a good or bad price is a particularly salty problem imo. I think we can be pretty sure he will complete 8 games but you then have to factor in the likelihood of whether we stay up or not and whether that makes him more likely to stay or not. For an odds addict like me it is, as I say, a fascinating one.

Surely if we win on Sunday and make the semis that’ll be 10?

So what happened with C Palace and de Boer?

No it means they don't settle on someone described as interim manager unless he completes 10 games, but also the same for someone described as permanent.

Is that captured in the rules elsewhere then?

I can’t see how someone described as permanent falls within para 1 or 2 of my screenshot

Sorry if being thick..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So what happened with C Palace and de Boer?

He wasn't described as interim, caretaker or temporary so they'd have paid out despite him getting the boot after 4 games. The issue is when someone described as an interim, caretaker or temporary boss manages for less than 10 league games.

Is that captured in the rules elsewhere then?

I can’t see how someone described as permanent falls within para 1 or 2 of my screenshot

Sorry if being thick..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He's not being described as permanent but 'until the end of the season' which is covered in brackets in para's 1 & 2 : http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43403577

Also para 4 relies on official info from the club : https://southamptonfc.com/news/2018-03-14/announcement-mark-hughes-new-southampton-manager

He's not being described as permanent but 'until the end of the season' which is covered in brackets in para's 1 & 2 : http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43403577

Also para 4 relies on official info from the club : https://southamptonfc.com/news/2018-03-14/announcement-mark-hughes-new-southampton-manager

Ok - thanks! I hadn't appreciated we'd only put him on a short term deal