Interesting Stats

Saint IQ

A thread for interesting/decent/unbelievable/boring stats

Just saw on SSN about Crystal Palace

Palace have lost all 9 games this season without Wilfred Zaha scoring just 3 goals

Had those games been draws or wins with him available the only teams that would have lost less games than Palace are the top 5.

Wonder how much he'll go for in the summer?

It makes such a difference having a player with pace who can take people on. They don't just create chances directly, but they get extra attention, defenders often have to double up, which then opens up space for others.

I'm not saying they are equally good, but it's the main reason why people clamour for Boufal to play. He might be a bit of a 'show pony', but Zaha has been labelled that in the past too. It's especially true when games are tight and teams are packing out defences. You simply can't break them down by safe sideways passing waiting for an opportunity.

Edited by mrfahaji

It makes such a difference having a player with pace who can take people on. They don't just create chances directly, but they get extra attention, defenders often have to double up, which then opens up space for others.

I'm not saying they are equally good, but it's the main reason why people clamour for Boufal to play. He might be a bit of a 'show pony', but Zaha has been labelled that in the past too. It's especially true when games are tight and teams are packing out defences. You simple can't break them down by safe sideways passing waiting for an opportunity.

yeah 100%, hence why in general, the best players in the world tend to be the fastest.

again, being fast is no good however if you do not have the intelligence, which is where Redmond falls short.

yeah 100%, hence why in general, the best players in the world tend to be the fastest.

again, being fast is no good however if you do not have the intelligence, which is where Redmond falls short.

Well if we're focusing on pace, Redmond falls short because he doesn't have it.

Talking of stats. This may be well known but it surprised me when the answer was revealed. Which Saints players in, the Premiership era, have the best win percentage, apparently at 56% ? (And played over 38 games).

A thread for interesting/decent/unbelievable/boring stats

Just saw on SSN about Crystal Palace

Palace have lost all 9 games this season without Wilfred Zaha scoring just 3 goals

Had those games been draws or wins with him available the only teams that would have lost less games than Palace are the top 5.

Wonder how much he'll go for in the summer?

From a saints point of view you have to wonder where we would be in the table if Austin hadn't been injured (and MoPe had actually started playing him from the first game of the season).

From a saints point of view you have to wonder where we would be in the table if Austin hadn't been injured (and MoPe had actually started playing him from the first game of the season).

Or, more importantly Forster had been dropped much earlier. Brighton springs to mind.

Talking of stats. This may be well known but it surprised me when the answer was revealed. Which Saints players in, the Premiership era, have the best win percentage, apparently at 56% ? (And played over 38 games).
Calum Davenport?

I'd guess someone who played under Koeman, particularly if (through accident or design) they missed a big chunk of one or both of his 'fallow periods' ie the tail of his first season, or November/December of his second season. Under Koeman, when the team was 'on' the win rate was unreal.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Nigel Quashie...

If we're talking about someone who has been a regular in the team/squad for a decent period of time, someone who was here for Pochettino & Koeman (or maybe just Koeman).

Wanyama's must be pretty good.

If we're talking about someone who has been a regular in the team/squad for a decent period of time, someone who was here for Pochettino & Koeman (or maybe just Koeman).

Wanyama's must be pretty good.

He's one of the two...

In the Premiership era? I assume you mean only games played in the PL other wise Lambert's win percentage must be high.

I remember when Nathaniel Clyne seemed to be sharing the RB slot with - ****, forgotten who it was now, Callum Chambers?? - we had a far superior points per game and number of clean sheets whenever Clyne was the one playing so I'll go for him

• 4 weeks later...
Will saints be the first team in the Premier League to be relegated without losing 3 games in a row? Look at it, we actually haven't! Alas I can't be bothered to find out if this has happened before.

Nice one, now we’ll definitely lose on Saturday.

Will saints be the first team in the Premier League to be relegated without losing 3 games in a row? Look at it, we actually haven't! Alas I can't be bothered to find out if this has happened before.

Apart from us losing the last three league games in a row you mean?

Or, more importantly Forster had been dropped much earlier. Brighton springs to mind.

We could all see it couldn't we. Was so friggin obvious. As was that clown of a manager, we could all see he was out of his depth, no stats needed. This current mess should have been so easily avoided