Arsenal (A)

Saint Garrett

Surely people always thought this was a possibility though?

Arsenal were never going to keep it on Monday with a potential Europa League game on the thursday. It was always on the cards.

Literally never even gave it a thought. They play Thursday surely it doesn't matter whether they play Sunday or Monday...?!

Surely people always thought this was a possibility though?

Arsenal were never going to keep it on Monday with a potential away Europa League game on the thursday. It was always on the cards.

Why is that any different to playing Sunday and then Wednesday in Europe like many clubs do?

Why is that any different to playing Sunday and then Wednesday in Europe like many clubs do?

It's a Monday night rather than a Sunday afternoon game, I know - small details...but this was always on the cards tbh. This is all Arsenal's call.

It's a Monday night rather than a Sunday afternoon game, I know - small details...but this was always on the cards tbh. This is all Arsenal's call.
Looking at the wording on the OS, it sounds like we had to agree to it rather than it being imposed on us.... It says "the two clubs came to an agreement to move the game" (or words to that effect).

I thought as long as there is a 72 hour gap between games it is okay?

ffs, luckily it's only Arsenal and not a Manchester/northern team so train fares couldn't fluctuate for me anyway, but still annoying as I was rather looking forward to a game under the lights in London!

So I've booked non-refundable train tickets and non-refundable hotel for Monday night. Livid.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

ouch. hope the club help you with that one!

with examples such as your and I'm sure there are plenty of fans who have had this in past- even if they were to refund you say £100, that would be peanuts for the average PL footballer.

Should have told them to get stuffed, just like they did when they made us play our FA cup 5th round tie on the Tuesday after we played the 1979 League Cup final and we asked for the game to be on Wednesday instead and they refused.

Sorted a bit of a Boys night out on the Monday.

Edited by John Boy Saint
friday night drinking fingers.......hit!

Yes agree, my group were talking about the possibility of the Arsenal game moving at Newcastle last weekend.

My only surprise really was that there wasn't any mention of the possibility when the Monday fixture was announced something like " Please note that if Arsenal are away in Europe then this game will move to Sunday" like we have had previously.

What really annoys us that it's for Arsenal's convenience. They'd rather have a short gap between their home game on Thurs and Sun, or a shorter gap when they're off to Russia.

I assume TV have also influenced this. Have they got a replacement Mon game with a "top" club now knocked out of Europe?

Looking at the wording on the OS, it sounds like we had to agree to it rather than it being imposed on us.... It says "the two clubs came to an agreement to move the game" (or words to that effect).
I suspect, under a lot of pressure.

Yes agree, my group were talking about the possibility of the Arsenal game moving at Newcastle last weekend.

My only surprise really was that there wasn't any mention of the possibility when the Monday fixture was announced something like " Please note that if Arsenal are away in Europe then this game will move to Sunday" like we have had previously.

Original press release, no mention of potential change

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/11269881/sky-sports-announces-17-new-live-premier-league-matches-for-april

Everything else was covered very thoroughly.

With a trip to Russia on the Thursday we may face a weakened Arsenal side......hopefully

Yes, let's hope the first leg isn't a blowout (either way), so that they have everything to play for in the second leg (unlike our match, which should be a dead rubber for them).

Should have told them to get stuffed, just like they did when they made us play our FA cup 5th round tie on the Tuesday after we played the 1979 League Cup final and we asked for the game to be on Wednesday instead and they refused.

Sorted a bit of a Boys night out on the Monday.

I know revenge is dish best served cold, but isn't that taking it a bit far? :lol:

>Should have told them to get stuffed, just like they did when they made us play our FA cup 5th round tie on the Tuesday after we played the 1979 League Cup final and we asked for the game to be on Wednesday instead and they refused.

It was worse than that. They made us play on the Monday after the final on Saturday. And then the replay was on the Wednesday. I have never forgiven them either.

It was worse than that. They made us play on the Monday after the final on Saturday. And then the replay was on the Wednesday. I have never forgiven them either.

Of course:stinkers!!

Feel free to correct me on this too: weren't were on target to being the first team to get both League Cup and FA Cup finals in the same season up until that point?

Just had a phone call from the club saying that we no longer have Block 23 and that they've moved us into Block 21. Seems a bit odd.

We have returned a block to Arsenal , seams a bit premature as although tickets have been on general sale there was still 3 weeks to the game and with it being on a Sunday more fans may have been able to go.

Sold out now.

We have returned a block to Arsenal , seams a bit premature as although tickets have been on general sale there was still 3 weeks to the game and with it being on a Sunday more fans may have been able to go.

Sold out now.

I feel like something fishy is going on with regards to the Wembley criteria- maybe they don’t want people buying for the sake of it. Maybe there will be a strict allocation then who knows

So I've booked non-refundable train tickets and non-refundable hotel for Monday night. Livid.

Next time (if there is one) try booking.com

You can also upto 24hrs before the stay with no charge and no upfront fees!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Next time (if there is one) try booking.com

You can also upto 24hrs before the stay with no charge and no upfront fees!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I often use them but on this occasion it was a lot cheaper direct with Premier Inn. I chose cheap non-refundable so can't really complain but think Saints should have warned of possible further changes.

I've had no reply from the club yet, so suggests they may just be thinking about it.

Of course:stinkers!!

Feel free to correct me on this too: weren't were on target to being the first team to get both League Cup and FA Cup finals in the same season up until that point?

I think that may well be correct. With Wolves in the semi-final we would have had a good chance of getting to Wembley again, although United in the final would have been a tall order.

None at all. Just assume we've taken a reduced allocation now for some reason.

Very strange sequence of events for this one, all of which seems to be us bending over and agreeing to whatever Arsenal want. The initial announcement said Monday 8pm with no suggestion of it being moved, I pulled a few favours at work to arrange a meeting in London Monday lunchtime allowing perfect timing for the game what a waste of time that was, also there was no suggestion of our 3000 allocation being reduced down to 2400, we’ve always taken good numbers there including twice midweek in league cup so why on earth have we returned tickets 3 weeks before the game when we’ve sold out? I know our ticket office is useless but this just seems incompetent, perhaps Pellegrino has been put in charge of ticket sales

I feel like something fishy is going on with regards to the Wembley criteria- maybe they don’t want people buying for the sake of it. Maybe there will be a strict allocation then who knows

That has an air of truthiness to it. More memberships!

Explains why there looked like a fair few tickets left on Sunday evening when I looked but it was then sold out at about 9:05 yesterday morning when I went to buy them. Very frustrating.

I don't buy the whole "its to stop people buying for the sake of it for Wembley" as that doesn't really make any sense.