Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Arsenal (A)

Default Arsenal (A)

Been moved back to Sunday 2:15 from Monday 8pm...

Annoying having already got tickets...busy on the Sunday

https://southamptonfc.com/news/2018-...premier-league
    Last edited by Saint Garrett; 16-03-2018 at 05:12 PM.

Nothing on OS yet

All over twitter.

Blog Entries

What a p**s take, people make plans accordingly.

Surely people always thought this was a possibility though?

Arsenal were never going to keep it on Monday with a potential away Europa League game on the thursday. It was always on the cards.

Quote Originally Posted by S-Clarke View Post

Arsenal were never going to keep it on Monday with a potential Europa League game on the thursday. It was always on the cards.
    Literally never even gave it a thought. They play Thursday surely it doesn't matter whether they play Sunday or Monday...?!

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Garrett View Post
    Literally never even gave it a thought. They play Thursday surely it doesn't matter whether they play Sunday or Monday...?!
    They're away in Russia, so it will probably have an effect.

Blog Entries

Arsenal were never going to keep it on Monday with a potential away Europa League game on the thursday. It was always on the cards.
    Why is that any different to playing Sunday and then Wednesday in Europe like many clubs do?

Quote Originally Posted by Sour Mash View Post
    Why is that any different to playing Sunday and then Wednesday in Europe like many clubs do?
    It's a Monday night rather than a Sunday afternoon game, I know - small details...but this was always on the cards tbh. This is all Arsenal's call.

11. Default

...literally just sorted my time off work till the end of april for football, because TV games had been arranged up till then. ****s sake.

12. Default

It's a Monday night rather than a Sunday afternoon game, I know - small details...but this was always on the cards tbh. This is all Arsenal's call.
    Looking at the wording on the OS, it sounds like we had to agree to it rather than it being imposed on us.... It says "the two clubs came to an agreement to move the game" (or words to that effect).

Blog Entries

I thought as long as there is a 72 hour gap between games it is okay?
    ffs, luckily it's only Arsenal and not a Manchester/northern team so train fares couldn't fluctuate for me anyway, but still annoying as I was rather looking forward to a game under the lights in London!

Blog Entries

Clearly it wasn't always on the cards, as you'd have mentioned it on here otherwise https://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthre...l#.WqwNx0GnzYU.

So I've booked non-refundable train tickets and non-refundable hotel for Monday night. Livid.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Shroppie View Post
    So I've booked non-refundable train tickets and non-refundable hotel for Monday night. Livid.

Might be worth contacting the club

17. Default

Quote Originally Posted by oldsarum View Post
    Might be worth contacting the club
    Yeah, good luck with that!!!!

Once tickets are on sale that should be that. Just another '**** you' to the match going fan.

With a trip to Russia on the Thursday we may face a weakened Arsenal side......hopefully

Blog Entries

ouch. hope the club help you with that one!

with examples such as your and I'm sure there are plenty of fans who have had this in past- even if they were to refund you say 100, that would be peanuts for the average PL footballer.

Should have told them to get stuffed, just like they did when they made us play our FA cup 5th round tie on the Tuesday after we played the 1979 League Cup final and we asked for the game to be on Wednesday instead and they refused.
    Sorted a bit of a Boys night out on the Monday.
    Last edited by John Boy Saint; 16-03-2018 at 09:15 PM. Reason: friday night drinking fingers.......hit!

And two of us, booked Monday and Tuesday off work and upset the wife.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro View Post
    And two of us, booked Monday and Tuesday off work and upset the wife.
    Have emailed the club, complaining.

I was there when Pancake went mad. 15/04/2010.

Is it still on TV?

Quote Originally Posted by jawillwill View Post
    Is it still on TV?
    yes it is

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Garrett View Post
    Been moved back to Sunday 2:15 from Monday 8pm...

Annoying having already got tickets...busy on the Sunday

https://southamptonfc.com/news/2018-...premier-league
    It does irritate me how the bread and butter of football, the supporters are treated.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sergei Gotsmanov View Post
    It does irritate me how the bread and butter of football, the supporters are treated.
    Are you going pal?

Yes agree, my group were talking about the possibility of the Arsenal game moving at Newcastle last weekend.

My only surprise really was that there wasn't any mention of the possibility when the Monday fixture was announced something like " Please note that if Arsenal are away in Europe then this game will move to Sunday" like we have had previously.

What really annoys us that it's for Arsenal's convenience. They'd rather have a short gap between their home game on Thurs and Sun, or a shorter gap when they're off to Russia.

I assume TV have also influenced this. Have they got a replacement Mon game with a "top" club now knocked out of Europe?

Quote Originally Posted by trousers View Post
    Looking at the wording on the OS, it sounds like we had to agree to it rather than it being imposed on us.... It says "the two clubs came to an agreement to move the game" (or words to that effect).
    I suspect, under a lot of pressure.

We should have told them where to go, but sums up the club from top to bottom. Too nice.

Quote Originally Posted by IFHP View Post
    Yes agree, my group were talking about the possibility of the Arsenal game moving at Newcastle last weekend.

My only surprise really was that there wasn't any mention of the possibility when the Monday fixture was announced something like " Please note that if Arsenal are away in Europe then this game will move to Sunday" like we have had previously.
    Original press release, no mention of potential change

http://www.skysports.com/football/ne...ches-for-april

Everything else was covered very thoroughly.

Quote Originally Posted by shurlock View Post
    Are you going pal?
    Why is that relevant? You can still be irked at the way the FA make decisions without considering supporters.

Quote Originally Posted by beatlesaint View Post
    With a trip to Russia on the Thursday we may face a weakened Arsenal side......hopefully
    Yes, let's hope the first leg isn't a blowout (either way), so that they have everything to play for in the second leg (unlike our match, which should be a dead rubber for them).

Quote Originally Posted by John Boy Saint View Post
    Should have told them to get stuffed, just like they did when they made us play our FA cup 5th round tie on the Tuesday after we played the 1979 League Cup final and we asked for the game to be on Wednesday instead and they refused.
    Sorted a bit of a Boys night out on the Monday.
    I know revenge is dish best served cold, but isn't that taking it a bit far?

>Should have told them to get stuffed, just like they did when they made us play our FA cup 5th round tie on the Tuesday after we played the 1979 League Cup final and we asked for the game to be on Wednesday instead and they refused.<

It was worse than that. They made us play on the Monday after the final on Saturday. And then the replay was on the Wednesday. I have never forgiven them either.

Just had a phone call from the club saying that we no longer have Block 23 and that they've moved us into Block 21. Seems a bit odd.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenilworthy View Post
    It was worse than that. They made us play on the Monday after the final on Saturday. And then the replay was on the Wednesday. I have never forgiven them either.
    Of course:stinkers!!
    Feel free to correct me on this too: weren't were on target to being the first team to get both League Cup and FA Cup finals in the same season up until that point?

Quote Originally Posted by LGTL View Post
    Just had a phone call from the club saying that we no longer have Block 23 and that they've moved us into Block 21. Seems a bit odd.
    Any reasoning?

We have returned a block to Arsenal , seams a bit premature as although tickets have been on general sale there was still 3 weeks to the game and with it being on a Sunday more fans may have been able to go.

Sold out now.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by IFHP View Post
    We have returned a block to Arsenal , seams a bit premature as although tickets have been on general sale there was still 3 weeks to the game and with it being on a Sunday more fans may have been able to go.

Sold out now.

I feel like something fishy is going on with regards to the Wembley criteria- maybe they don’t want people buying for the sake of it. Maybe there will be a strict allocation then who knows

42. Default

Next time (if there is one) try booking.com
    You can also upto 24hrs before the stay with no charge and no upfront fees!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Appy View Post
    Any reasoning?
    None at all. Just assume we've taken a reduced allocation now for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Lastman73 View Post
    Next time (if there is one) try booking.com
    You can also upto 24hrs before the stay with no charge and no upfront fees!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I often use them but on this occasion it was a lot cheaper direct with Premier Inn. I chose cheap non-refundable so can't really complain but think Saints should have warned of possible further changes.

I've had no reply from the club yet, so suggests they may just be thinking about it.

Quote Originally Posted by John Boy Saint View Post
    Of course:stinkers!!
    Feel free to correct me on this too: weren't were on target to being the first team to get both League Cup and FA Cup finals in the same season up until that point?
    I think that may well be correct. With Wolves in the semi-final we would have had a good chance of getting to Wembley again, although United in the final would have been a tall order.

None at all. Just assume we've taken a reduced allocation now for some reason.
    Very strange sequence of events for this one, all of which seems to be us bending over and agreeing to whatever Arsenal want. The initial announcement said Monday 8pm with no suggestion of it being moved, I pulled a few favours at work to arrange a meeting in London Monday lunchtime allowing perfect timing for the game what a waste of time that was, also there was no suggestion of our 3000 allocation being reduced down to 2400, we’ve always taken good numbers there including twice midweek in league cup so why on earth have we returned tickets 3 weeks before the game when we’ve sold out? I know our ticket office is useless but this just seems incompetent, perhaps Pellegrino has been put in charge of ticket sales

Blog Entries

Bizarre. Could have just been an error originally?

48. Default

Quote Originally Posted by nta786 View Post
    I feel like something fishy is going on with regards to the Wembley criteria- maybe they don’t want people buying for the sake of it. Maybe there will be a strict allocation then who knows
    That has an air of truthiness to it. More memberships!

I was there when Pancake went mad. 15/04/2010.

Explains why there looked like a fair few tickets left on Sunday evening when I looked but it was then sold out at about 9:05 yesterday morning when I went to buy them. Very frustrating.
    I don't buy the whole "its to stop people buying for the sake of it for Wembley" as that doesn't really make any sense.

50. Default

I don't recall the club posting their usual "we've sold out!" fanfare tweet either. They usually shout such things from the rooftops when they occur. Something doesn't quite add up here, f'sure.