Arsenal (A)

Saint Garrett

Explains why there looked like a fair few tickets left on Sunday evening when I looked but it was then sold out at about 9:05 yesterday morning when I went to buy them. Very frustrating.

I don't buy the whole "its to stop people buying for the sake of it for Wembley" as that doesn't really make any sense.

Yep really annoying as the shift to Sunday meant I could actually go, so was waiting for general sale to get tickets. As there were plenty left Sunday evening thought there wouldn't be any issue.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

I don't recall the club posting their usual "we've sold out!" fanfare tweet either. They usually shout such things from the rooftops when they occur. Something doesn't quite add up here, f'sure.

I tell a lie. Just seen that said fanfare tweet was posted yesterday. No mention of the seemingly reduced allocation though

I often use them but on this occasion it was a lot cheaper direct with Premier Inn. I chose cheap non-refundable so can't really complain but think Saints should have warned of possible further changes.

I've had no reply from the club yet, so suggests they may just be thinking about it.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I've had a long drawn out reply giving me the Premier League contact details, basic the answer is tough luck.

I've had a long drawn out reply giving me the Premier League contact details, basic the answer is tough luck.
I've had the same but have sent them a reply reminding them that it was not a PL decision. We agreed with a request and we've put that request from Arsenal/PL/Sky ahead of financial losses for our own fans.

Unacceptable.

Edited by Shroppie

I've had the same but have sent them a reply challenging the assertion that it was a PL decision. We've put a request from Arsenal/PL/Sky ahead of financial losses for our own fans.

Unacceptable.

They really couldn’t care less about the fans could they, Saints spend a fortune on social media team promoting the clubs image but in truth the likes of you and I who invest a lot of time and money following the club away are just an inconvenience for them. I’m still plssed off about this one, we’re basically helping Arsenal out so they can plan their journey to Moscow, I’m stuck with a load of arrangements I made for the Monday just so I could be in London.

They’ve also not explained reasons for change in reducing ticket allocation. Not surprised more and more are becoming disillusioned with Premier League football.

I've had the same but have sent them a reply challenging the assertion that it was a PL decision.

The club have already stated it wasn't something imposed upon them by the PL, as per the wording on their announcement: https://southamptonfc.com/news/2018-03-16/arsenal-southampton-fixture-moved-to-sunday-premier-league

"Southampton's televised away trip to face Arsenal has been moved after the two clubs and the Premier League reached an agreement."

reP76AMcPjtavqjk_we1JaUtUBgiqkgnHGNTdcpKOEcP1VTTPkQtlg2a-1Vd1pLzTZzuKY99wHElOy3AN90OG8iJh79AJiNFt6y-IvTZ366qp0Cs2rELGKloUcVLQLcCV153ajlf9hljKPl3h75PR6FM4N3ixABS5EA9IP8G1s2oJQegTDFSwb3x94wCRRRet1H3AxjkgoKUlMb83UmKLs7sFpV4lDuUX1aFPln08gd8XoxYQxzKH8j8I2livbleKO7FHhgvb7GV19QZWxgtwCEcIFWVfiH6jpgGcdwajZZhUgdNaxhZ3gwN-HOpZGFaaqDbSnTy2IBFAYJSNp__sKiMGJ-aItDzaOgeglnLXzMlJRvEVNhrdmXDD-XASzY16UvzTDS5buoCHN6YIAvIbTI1NOPHpJzTZ-iZS5vG9daWs_zkYsrrfpf_MhcCcJAOS7Vc2-OyDSOg_XOBNhcptpLn1uVTI6H6KFGNBDGJ2_C27i6YAawBvbpbYBtJ3AP5ErWxkadjdiW6Hx88PkFz2YGkD53XH5PLW0SxG_cU6XSWXRyPAm9m4H324lewtSgKIoCr2kZOiNr6jvcY1QBBe0jEkzYRDVRgAewpQHi_=w772-h890-no

The club have already stated it wasn't something imposed upon them by the PL, as per the wording on their announcement: https://southamptonfc.com/news/2018-03-16/arsenal-southampton-fixture-moved-to-sunday-premier-league

"Southampton's televised away trip to face Arsenal has been moved after the two clubs and the Premier League reached an agreement."

reP76AMcPjtavqjk_we1JaUtUBgiqkgnHGNTdcpKOEcP1VTTPkQtlg2a-1Vd1pLzTZzuKY99wHElOy3AN90OG8iJh79AJiNFt6y-IvTZ366qp0Cs2rELGKloUcVLQLcCV153ajlf9hljKPl3h75PR6FM4N3ixABS5EA9IP8G1s2oJQegTDFSwb3x94wCRRRet1H3AxjkgoKUlMb83UmKLs7sFpV4lDuUX1aFPln08gd8XoxYQxzKH8j8I2livbleKO7FHhgvb7GV19QZWxgtwCEcIFWVfiH6jpgGcdwajZZhUgdNaxhZ3gwN-HOpZGFaaqDbSnTy2IBFAYJSNp__sKiMGJ-aItDzaOgeglnLXzMlJRvEVNhrdmXDD-XASzY16UvzTDS5buoCHN6YIAvIbTI1NOPHpJzTZ-iZS5vG9daWs_zkYsrrfpf_MhcCcJAOS7Vc2-OyDSOg_XOBNhcptpLn1uVTI6H6KFGNBDGJ2_C27i6YAawBvbpbYBtJ3AP5ErWxkadjdiW6Hx88PkFz2YGkD53XH5PLW0SxG_cU6XSWXRyPAm9m4H324lewtSgKIoCr2kZOiNr6jvcY1QBBe0jEkzYRDVRgAewpQHi_=w772-h890-no

Thanks. Yes, I did think I'd seen that. My reply perhaps didn't so much challenge as remind.

Not holding my breath.

What you have quoted doesn’t say the change has been imposed by the PL.

So, is this confirmed that we originally took the full allocation for the Monday night but once it was changed to the Sunday (more accessible for most fans) the club decided to send some back? I really can't get my head around this one, we don't usually have a problem selling-out this fixture and why was this decision taken weeks before the game when there was still plenty of time to sell them?

I'd have thought we'd have sold them with Pellegrino in charge, even more likely now we've had a lift with the new manager. We're now battling to stay up, we need everyone possible behind us, why are they quibbling over a (relatively) small cost of any (unlikely) unsold seats, particularly when they've just announced record profits again. FFS they forked out thousands to take 60-odd staff/players away for a Spanish jolly a few ago as a reward for playing sh*te!

So, is this confirmed that we originally took the full allocation for the Monday night but once it was changed to the Sunday (more accessible for most fans) the club decided to send some back? I really can't get my head around this one, we don't usually have a problem selling-out this fixture and why was this decision taken weeks before the game when there was still plenty of time to sell them?

I don't recall seeing any official explanation from the club. I'm pretty sure we started selling a bigger allocation than we ended up with though (?). The only other explanation I can think of is that the club mistakenly started selling a block that, it turns out, wasn't allocated to us and upon realising (coincidentally at the same time the fixture date was changed) they swapped things over. Actually, that sounds far less plausible than the baffling 'sent back a whole block of tickets because the date changed' scenario. Surprised no-one's quizzed them about this in twitter land yet (or perhaps they have and received no answer?)

It's not like they need them for home supporters, several thousand Gooner ST holders aren't bothering to turn up now as it is, I would imagine Arsenal very gently leaned on our club and asked for some tickets back so they could sell on to the waiting Japanese tourists and our knees buckled at the first attempt.

It's not like they need them for home supporters, several thousand Gooner ST holders aren't bothering to turn up now as it is, I would imagine Arsenal very gently leaned on our club and asked for some tickets back so they could sell on to the waiting Japanese tourists and our knees buckled at the first attempt.

If you're desperate to go then just pretend you're a Japanese tourist. If you have a yen for it.

If you're desperate to go then just pretend you're a Japanese tourist. If you have a yen for it.

Just turn up and get one off a tout. There will be thousands available on the day and the nearer you wait until kick off the cheaper they will get.

The point really is about the club strangely returning tickets, I'm not chasing one myself, if I was I would just sport my nice Kimono/Dr Martin's combo and do as Whitey suggests. ROR.

I don't recall seeing any official explanation from the club. I'm pretty sure we started selling a bigger allocation than we ended up with though (?). The only other explanation I can think of is that the club mistakenly started selling a block that, it turns out, wasn't allocated to us and upon realising (coincidentally at the same time the fixture date was changed) they swapped things over. Actually, that sounds far less plausible than the baffling 'sent back a whole block of tickets because the date changed' scenario. Surprised no-one's quizzed them about this in twitter land yet (or perhaps they have and received no answer?)

Has anyone actually confirmed that we have actually sent back these tickets?

Has anyone actually confirmed that we have actually sent back these tickets?

We absolutely did, as I was originally seated in one in Block 23! Got them on the first day of sale, and then had a phone call from the ticket office saying we'd been moved because, and I quote "we don't have those seats available to sell".