Weekend’s other games

whelk

Swansea are in it as well

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

they have us, Stoke and West Brom left. The rest of their games look tough so another must win for Saints.

If we can beat West Ham they could go, their fixtures look worse than ours.

2 points adrift makes a win against West Ham essential. I don’t understand the confidence about us overtaking Huddersfield when their form is much better than ours. I actually think it will be between West Ham and us for the last relegation place. Our Board has given Hughes a mountain to climb - win or bust in his first Premier outing. No pressure then.

It was always very likley we'd be adrift come the end of play today, so don't let that get you down too much.

Today's results have been a huge bonus. Didn't expect the Stoke outcome at all.

It was always very likley we'd be adrift come the end of play today, so don't let that get you down too much.

Today's results have been a huge bonus. Didn't expect the Stoke outcome at all.

No I thought Stoke were a dead cert. Never been so happy to lose a fiver.

Any result from Hudd-Palace could be viewed positively or negatively. Personally I think Palace are the better side and have more chance of getting out of it, so a Huddersfield win would probably have been the worst outcome.

I know it puts us in the relegation zone, but it keeps Huddersfield in the mix and Palace are still in there for the time being. I didn't think Bournemouth would go down but it would've been nice for them to still be down there. Think that win has put them on the brink of safety now.

Obviously the Stoke result is great, but the West Ham game is huge for us.

Same sort of gravitas as the away game against Forest all those years ago. Who will step forward to fulfill the Mickey Evans role??

Same sort of gravitas as the away game against Forest all those years ago. Who will step forward to fulfill the Mickey Evans role??

My first instinct is "no-one, because this team isn't like the one back then", but I do at least feel positive that IF the players have got it in them, then the West Ham is their best chance to show it, given the circumstances of our position, new manager etc.

No I thought Stoke were a dead cert. Never been so happy to lose a fiver.

Not sure why tbh, but I just fancied Stoke today. Thought they had to take the chance with their remaining fixtures, and Everton don't travel well.

So i'm chuffed!

My first instinct is "no-one, because this team isn't like the one back then", but I do at least feel positive that IF the players have got it in them, then the West Ham is their best chance to show it, given the circumstances of our position, new manager etc.

Gabbiadini for me. Criminally under/misused by our (thankfully) previous "manager".

Failure to get 3 points from those "winnable" home games in the first part of the season is what is hurting us badly now. Fact is our fate is still in our own hands - at the moment. West Ham game looks very important.

the 2 points we dropped at Watford to the hand ball goal too.

I don’t understand the confidence about us overtaking Huddersfield when their form is much better than ours.

They’ve picked up 1 more point than us over the past 6 games. Their last 2 games were both at home, to teams right in the relegation mix, they picked up 1 point and didn’t score in either. We have a game in hand on them.

Aside from the fact those 2 points would (today) be the difference between staying up and relegation. If you can’t be aggrieved by that what can you be?

Because we've put ourselves in a position whereby that one moment is life or death and it's completely our fault. It's like drink driving down a country road at 100mph in the dark, then having a massive fatal accident and saying, "oh if only that fox hadn't run out and distracted me on that bend."

I can't be aggravated by it because it's one fleeting moment in a season of sh*te, it's almost irrelevant to the bigger picture. You could also say Zabaleta's push on Yoshida was pretty soft for a penalty and that's 2 points lost against West Ham.

We have to beat West Ham, no ifs, no buts. Thankfully, Hughes has come out and said as much, which is refreshing from the 'a draw is as good as a win' approach.

''We have to believe in our approach and believe in the philosophy to build a good spirit, we need to continue to grow. We can make good possibilities''

A Claude and MP waffle-combo.

The West Ham game is the biggest game since we played them them at home under Koeman 3 years ago; we would have made the Champions League imo that season if we won that but we bottled it.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

we beat them 1-0 at home that season? the one where yoshi scored? the 2015-16 season?

''We have to believe in our approach and believe in the philosophy to build a good spirit, we need to continue to grow. We can make good possibilities''

A Claude and MP waffle-combo.

Both Puel and Pellegrino beat West Ham ;)

The Puel win in particular was one of our best away performances. Hopefully we'll see a repeat in endeavour, spirit and determination.

Not sure why tbh, but I just fancied Stoke today. Thought they had to take the chance with their remaining fixtures, and Everton don't travel well.

So i'm chuffed!

I watched most of it and believe me, that game could just as easily have gone the other way. Grim conditions and both teams going for it, a very iffy sending off (which given the conditions I can't understand at all, and had a massive impact on the game...) on balance Stoke were hard done by not to come away from that with a point at least. About time the fates did us a few favours.

They’ve picked up 1 more point than us over the past 6 games. Their last 2 games were both at home, to teams right in the relegation mix, they picked up 1 point and didn’t score in either. We have a game in hand on them.

The other thing is Palace look to have too many class/impact players to be relegated, so Huddersfield are probably more realistic to hope for. Zaha, Benteke, Sakho at the back, even Townsend are match winners and savers - an area in which we are lacking.

#blackbox was at Tottenham when Liverpool signed Salah, and they already had Harry Kane. He's at RB Leipzig now so it will be interesting to see what players and managers they sign in future.

Where was #blackbox in 2013 when he was tearing it up for Basel? Don't tell me, we had Adam Lallana so didn't need him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The other thing is Palace look to have too many class/impact players to be relegated, so Huddersfield are probably more realistic to hope for. Zaha, Benteke, Sakho at the back, even Townsend are match winners and savers - an area in which we are lacking.

Agree apart from Benteke. If they had a centre forward they’d be higher than Burnley

we beat them 1-0 at home that season? the one where yoshi scored? the 2015-16 season?
the year before then. Lost 1-0 at home to Swansea on the sunday then drew 0-0 with West Ham midweek also at home. That was our big opportunity to make the top 4 and we bottled it.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk