The Semi Final Ticket Thread (Chelsea)

Roger

Does anyone know roughly when the date will be fixed, cant be that much to discuss presumably ?

As soon as the TV companies have made their choice.

One would assume that Man Utd v Spurs would be seen as the most commercially attractive so what would that mean? Saturday evening for them and Sunday for us?

Not sure where it has come from but my Outlook Saints Calendar just updated to 21st @4pm

That's just the default ko time taking into account the clocks changing. Its not the actual ko.I think !

My calendar is now showing us playing Leicester at 3pm AND Chelsea at 4pm!

AK - It surely can't be anything to do with clocks changing as that happens this weekend.

Whitey is right, cant be a 4pm KO on a Saturday and televised there is an embargo on live televised football to the home market between 3pm and 5pm on a Saturday.

If it were to happen it would be absolutely superb for me to get to Heathrow by 8pm ish!

My calendar is now showing us playing Leicester at 3pm AND Chelsea at 4pm!

AK - It surely can't be anything to do with clocks changing as that happens this weekend.

Exactly my point the default ko of time is 3.00pm on Saturday, which we know in this case will be moved for TV, nonetheless until that is confirmed the match diarises as 3.00pm on Saturday. As the match is scheduled for after the clocks change it appears in electronic calendars as 4.00pm. i.e. if by Sunday they still hadn't decided the actual ko time it would change to 3.00pm in your calendar. Its all irrelevant but that would be my explanation.

Saturday- Chelsea v Spurs

Sunday- City v Arsenal

Saturday- United v Everton

Sunday- Palace v Watford

Saturday- Reading v Arsenal

Sunday- Villa v Liverpool

Saturday- Wigan v Arsenal

Sunday- Hull v Sheffield

Saturday- Millwall v Wigan

Sunday- Chelsea v Man City

Saturday- Liverpool v Everton

Sunday- Spurs v Chelsea

Saturday- United v City

Sunday- Stoke v Bolton

Saturday- Villa v Chelsea

Sunday- Spurs v Skates

---------------------------------------------------------

Well looks like in general, bigger ties played on the Saturday, but some debatable of course. *bold is what I constitute the 'bigger'/'main' tie- 2012 and 2015 indifferent.

Edited by nta786

Saturday- Chelsea v Spurs

Sunday- City v Arsenal

Saturday- United v Everton

Sunday- Palace v Watford

Saturday- Reading v Arsenal

Sunday- Villa v Liverpool

Saturday- Wigan v Arsenal

Sunday- Hull v Sheffield

Saturday- Millwall v Wigan

Sunday- Chelsea v Man City

Saturday- Liverpool v Everton

Sunday- Spurs v Chelsea

Saturday- United v City

Sunday- Stoke v Bolton

Saturday- Villa v Chelsea

Sunday- Spurs v Skates

---------------------------------------------------------

Well looks like in general, bigger ties played on the Saturday, but some debatable of course. *bold is what I constitute the 'bigger'/'main' tie- 2012 and 2015 indifferent.

Cheers for that nta786. So, on the balance of probability, us being on the Sunday seems more likely than us being on the Saturday. Not conclusive by any means, but on probability....

It really is a bit of a joke how ****ing long they’re taking to decide or announce it. It’s only 2 games, one is clearly first choice. What’s so complicated about it?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Perhaps they enjoyed taking the plss out of the fans delaying details of our 1/4 final for weeks they are enjoying doing it again,

There really is no excuse, they must already know the two tv slots so just got to pick which match, perhaps have police sign off, should have been done and announced yesterday afternoon. They just don’t care about the match going fans it’s all about tv companies. I don’t think they’ll want any clash with Premier league games as that would damage viewing figures and advertising revenue.

Perhaps they enjoyed taking the plss out of the fans delaying details of our 1/4 final for weeks they are enjoying doing it again,

There really is no excuse, they must already know the two tv slots so just got to pick which match, perhaps have police sign off, should have been done and announced yesterday afternoon. They just don’t care about the match going fans it’s all about tv companies. I don’t think they’ll want any clash with Premier league games as that would damage viewing figures and advertising revenue.

BBC announced their TV game on the Friday after the quarter finals last year.

Saturday 21st April

Everton 15:00 Newcastle United

Stoke City 15:00 Burnley

Watford 15:00 Crystal Palace

Sunday 22nd April

West Bromwich Albion 14:15 Liverpool

Manchester City 16:30 Swansea City

Monday 23rd April

Arsenal 20:00 West Ham United

Thats what we know so far - looking at that there isn't a clash where say, Man City are in London, and Arsenal aren't at home Sat or Sun so that means Man U v Spurs can be any time they want.

If I was a broadcaster - I'd have them at 5:30PM on the Saturday nite.

Now if theres Prem games on SKY on Sunday at 2PM and 4PM where could a Sunday semi be put in?

12:30PM Sunday would be my call - Chelsea don't have to travel and it's not far for us.

Saturday 21st April

Sunday 22nd April

Monday 23rd April

Thats what we know so far - looking at that there isn't a clash where say, Man City are in London, and Arsenal aren't at home Sat or Sun so that means Man U v Spurs can be any time they want.

Now if theres Prem games on SKY on Sunday at 2PM and 4PM where could a Sunday semi be put in?

12:30PM Sunday would be my call - Chelsea don't have to travel and it's not far for us.

You'll have to remind me of the last time the FA or EPL gave two ****s about when and how far fans had to travel.

12.30 on a sunday would be horrific, but I agree it's probably a good bet.

I think in terms of killing off any remaining life in the cup squeezing in a semi final as an early midday kick off on a Sunday before West Brom v Liverpool would be the final nail in the coffin but looking at sky games already set I think it’s quite probable

Saturday 21st April

Sunday 22nd April

Monday 23rd April

The semi final is not on Sky and so should be at 3.00 on the Sunday, just like it was last year for Arsenal v Man City.

On the same day Sky showed Burnley v Man Utd at 2.15 and Liverpool V Palace at 4.30.

Man U have been allocated 33,411 so let's hope it's the same for Saints

Why would our allocation be any different (give or take a small number)? (I don't mean to ask that in a snarky way, I'm just wondering why all 4 semi-final teams wouldn't get the same allocation?)

Why would our allocation be any different (give or take a small number)? (I don't mean to ask that in a snarky way, I'm just wondering why all 4 semi-final teams wouldn't get the same allocation?)

because some fans believe Saints will take the smallest allocation possible :lol:

because some fans believe Saints will take the smallest allocation possible [emoji38]
I'm the only person who said that and I said it sarcastically.

I'm not sure if the rules changed but a few years back every team did have different allocations. I think someone posted that last year they were all 32,000 though so maybe everyone does get the same now.

Sent from my SM-J330FN using Tapatalk

The semi final is not on Sky and so should be at 3.00 on the Sunday, just like it was last year for Arsenal v Man City.

On the same day Sky showed Burnley v Man Utd at 2.15 and Liverpool V Palace at 4.30.

Thanks that’s good to know, I thought they’d avoid a clash so pleased to see later on a Sunday is still likely.

Sunday 3pm, decent kick off time that. Think we all knew it wouldn't be the Saturday game and most of us were worried it'd be an early kick off on the Sunday instead. All things considered 3pm is the best time we could've hoped for.

Transport could be fun for those of you from Southampton driving up though as it's the london marathon that day!

Fair play to them, no easy way of doing it but probably the fairest way by rewarding those who made the effort to go to previous rounds. A lot fairer than last year. Doesn't look like I will qualify via the club so will have to try another route.

If I'm reading that right then, no priority at all for any members who've been to away league games? Bit miffed at that just have to wait, hope and pray that there will be some left near the end!

Not at all good for me or my son. Have done numerous home and away league games, all of the fa cup games bar Fulham, but not being a STH or Member then we don't qualify until 12 April. Gutted.

If you buy a membership now for both you and your son then you can buy on the 10th April.

Edited by nta786

I think it is fair to rank home/away/cup games as equal for Members.

I'm another non-member crossing fingers it gets to us. But that's the risk of being tight and saving the cost of membership that is not much use the rest of the year.

Pretty sure anybody that buys membership will be able to get a ticket now.

33,411 - 21,000 ST holders = 12,411

12,411 - 2,411 non-ST membership owners (pure guess but would it really be higher?) = 10,000

Is there really going to be 10,000 people who spend the extra £25 to guarantee the ticket? I'd imagine it'll go down to non-ST/membership holders quite comfortably, unless I'm greatly underestimating the amount of people with a membership.

I think it is fair to rank home/away/cup games as equal for Members.

I'm another non-member crossing fingers it gets to us. But that's the risk of being tight and saving the cost of membership that is not much use the rest of the year.

I've bought a membership so I'm complicit, but the membership system is an absolute crock of ****. Totally unnecessary and the only purpose it serves is milking more cash out of the fans.