The Semi Final Ticket Thread (Chelsea)

Roger

Why if isn't Chelsea??!!!

I am presuming there may have been some Chelsea fans who have purchased tickets in our home end for any of their games against us at St Mary's, so that stops them from buying tickets in the Saints end for the game at Wembley.

The ticket office will know exactly which customer numbers have done that.

Wembley Stadium turned out so expensive that the FA had to try to maximise revenue wherever possible., hence they want to use Wembley as much as possible.

I agree with you, it's not the place for a semi final.

Totally agree. The days of a neutral venue, great atmosphere and a great day out Are long gone. Slowly, but surely, football upper echelon greed is eating itself :(

I agree that the semi final being at Wembley destroys the whole feeling of getting to Wembley when you win the semi. The feeling of getting to Wembley in 2003 was fantastic at villa park and it just won't feel the same if we win as we are already there. Yes it will be fantastic to win the semi but the shine is gone from that immense joy of looking forward to reaching Wembley final. Makes a mockery of the whole competition and that's all down to money!!!!

I agree that the semi final being at Wembley destroys the whole feeling of getting to Wembley when you win the semi. The feeling of getting to Wembley in 2003 was fantastic at villa park and it just won't feel the same if we win as we are already there. Yes it will be fantastic to win the semi but the shine is gone from that immense joy of looking forward to reaching Wembley final. Makes a mockery of the whole competition and that's all down to money!!!!

Being Picky but we didn’t get to Wembley in 2003

I'm still of the opinion the semi final shouldn't be at Wembley at all. Wembley should the final only. It just feels like the FA trying to milk the football co and dilutes the experience of the final.

A day out at Wembley is an expensive thing especially when paying for kids as well and not something I can justify doing twice within a couple of months. If I'm going to shell out it's going for the final not the semi I doubt I'm the only one thinking like that.

I've yet to speak to a supporter of any club who disagrees with you, that's before you factor in Spurs playing SF and possibly a final in their own temporary backyard.

I've yet to speak to a supporter of any club who disagrees with you, that's before you factor in Spurs playing SF and possibly a final in their own temporary backyard.

And for that very reason alone this year's semi's at least should have been played elsewhere at neutral grounds. Spurs undoubtedly have the edge having played there throughout the season. There are plenty of viable alternatives to Wembley which most fans would have probably enjoyed as much.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

So if we get to the final it will have been spoilt for you?

:uhoh:

Can't say it bothers me the semi being at Wembley. At least lots of people get a chance to go. I missed out on tickets at Villa Park in 2003 , being a member and on 11 homes instead of the required 12, although I got them for the final. Missing out on that when there were also empty corporate seats, was rather disappointing.

And with playoffs JPT etc isn't quite the rarity it once was.

Wembley Stadium turned out so expensive that the FA had to try to maximise revenue wherever possible., hence they want to use Wembley as much as possible.

I agree with you, it's not the place for a semi final.

Surely its been long enough now that they've made their money back?

Sent from my SM-J330FN using Tapatalk

No chance, it cost an absolute fortune to build, think it pays back over 25 years or something like that.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/oct/11/fa-refinances-wembley-stadium-debt-consortium-banks-reinvestment-football

Apologies, we are both half-right, it did indeed cost a fortune to build, around £800m by most estimates but according to the link attached it was refinanced in Oct 2015. The FA effectively have a large mortgage on it but their turnover covers the re-payments with plenty left over. Obviously this turn-over includes the prices they currently charge for their events (which include the 2 FA cup SFs).

In theory they could charge less, but if they did it would be at the expense of their nominal 'profits', some of which are re-cycled to grass roots football etc. At the end of the day should the fans of the 4 cup semi-finalists be screwed silly money for their tickets? The fact that neither Man Utd nor Chelsea haven't yet sold 32k tickets shows that the pricing relative to the product is way off beam.

Christ on a bike, just checked the website and blocks with "limited availability" are generally approx 50% empty. So availability not really all that limited then.

Makes me laugh when it says that with hundreds available in some of the blocks , looks like at least 5000 still available in our end. Thought I’d see more mention of this game today at St Mary’s but other than a few semi final edition half and half scarves that was about it.

Christ on a bike, just checked the website and blocks with "limited availability" are generally approx 50% empty. So availability not really all that limited then.

yeah- interestingly though that for those not going due to price of ticket- there are so many £30 tickets still left.

although understand Wembley might be difficult to get to for some, and I think this is where the club faffed around too much- by leaving these windows so late people missed out on buying advance train tickets as no one was sure if they would meet the criteria. Turns out that anyone who wants a ticket will get one.

I accept the arguments about Semi Final's being at Wembley taking away how special the final feels but...

1 - We aren't likely to get to the final, so I'll take a day out at Wembley thanks very much

2 - I think it's more important that as many Saints fans as possible get to see the semi final if they want to

Just done a count of all the remaining tickets according to the website.

Broken down by block:

142 58

143 2

528 2

529 446

530 674

531 469

532 335

533 311

534 441

535 391

536 324

537 0

538 170

539 0

540 0

541 86

542 162

543 340

544 380

545 368

546 430

547 435

548 495

549 603

550 527

551 307

552 89

That's a total of 7,845

Broken down by block:

That's a total of 7,845

I take it that it's a slow day at work, then? [emoji6]

But impressive!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

7K left. Wow!

Plenty of excuses. Southampton marathon, London Marathon, high ticket price, Sunday. I know of people not going for all those reasons.

But the main one is we're s***. If we were doing alright this season and hadn't played at Wembley a year ago, we'd have sold out long ago.

Long gone are the days when we took over 50K there.

Edit: Pic shows how much is left. That red block in the lower tier north has about 3-400 tickets left. Will look proper **** on tv. The upper tiers are also basically empty. Looks like more than 7K to me.

Untitled.jpg

Edited by Golden Balls

Broken down by block:

142 58

143 2

528 2

529 446

530 674

531 469

532 335

533 311

534 441

535 391

536 324

537 0

538 170

539 0

540 0

541 86

542 162

543 340

544 380

545 368

546 430

547 435

548 495

549 603

550 527

551 307

552 89

That's a total of 7,845

Well another 300 prime £80 seats have just gone on sale near half way line in block 141, I recall someone moaning on here most of the prime seats were gone on day 1 on the North side, well there’s your answer they never were on sale Saints had held them back reserved for various people I assume players family and execs who obviously didn’t want them based on being put on public sale at this late stage

Well another 300 prime £80 seats have just gone on sale near half way line in block 141, I recall someone moaning on here most of the prime seats were gone on day 1 on the North side, well there’s your answer they never were on sale Saints had held them back reserved for various people I assume players family and execs who obviously didn’t want them based on being put on public sale at this late stage

Yeh, I think eric said they're the tickets the club couldn't give away!

I hope with 8,000 odd tickets that they let season ticket holders purchase more should they want to. Although that then risks ticket touts getting hold of them, so perhaps they won't.

I hope with 8,000 odd tickets that they let season ticket holders purchase more should they want to. Although that then risks ticket touts getting hold of them, so perhaps they won't.

This should of happened days ago, I doubt we will sell many more now.

7K left. Wow!

Plenty of excuses. Southampton marathon, London Marathon, high ticket price, Sunday. I know of people not going for all those reasons.

But the main one is we're s***. If we were doing alright this season and hadn't played at Wembley a year ago, we'd have sold out long ago.

Long gone are the days when we took over 50K there.

More like 8k unsold due to a load of lower tier now available, so we’ve sold 25k. As Chelsea are still trying to encourage sales will be interesting to see what the attendance is on Sunday. The club Wembley middle tier probably counts as being sold even if the corporate holders don’t turn up. Could be lots of empty seats.

Its quite clear we are not going to sell out.

People will have their own reasons why they are not going which is up to them, but just maybe our fan base is not as big as some think it is.

I've always argued with Pompey fans that we had a bigger fan base then them, and without checking the prices, when they played Spurs in the 2010 semi-final they sold their allocation of over 30,000 this, despite the fact that the experts said they had no chance and the fact that they were going down that season too.

Same scenario as us this season....

now over 7,000 tickets remain left unsold.

F*ck you Les and Ralph

To be fair if you're going to point the finger inside the club the finger should be pointed at the 7k fans not going. Otherwise point it at the FA for their pricing.

Because whatever way you look at it we should be selling out our first FA Cup semi final in 15 years.

To be fair if you're going to point the finger inside the club the finger should be pointed at the 7k fans not going. Otherwise point it at the FA for their pricing.

Because whatever way you look at it we should be selling out our first FA Cup semi final in 15 years.

I suspect had this been 2 season ago with Ronald, we would be selling out pretty easily.

Just a load of apathy with fans which has set in. No one really cares in large numbers anymore, for a multitude of reasons

If we win on Thursday, there will be a late surge. I reckon there will be a surge anyway.

I suspect had we held on to the 2-0 on Saturday we would have virtually sold out by now.

Anyway, as luck would have it (or not, as the case may be) I had planned to fly over this coming weekend months ago. Now it seems that I will have to add a trip to Wembley to my agenda. :)

Just goes to show though, last season I bought a membership thinking we might have a good cup run. The club then went and sold extra memberships after we won the semi-final meaning I failed to get a ticket to the final. This year I decided not to waste the £25 and despite not having been to game thus far this season (first time in many, many, years - despite having lived abroad for 14 years) I get a ticket. Should we win on Sunday I sincerely doubt I will get a final ticket though......

Just went on the site and it still says members can only buy 1 ticket. There is going to be thousands of empty seats yet the club are still putting restrictions on who can buy only a few days before - ****ing idiots.

How long does it take for tickets to arrive by post? I booked mine Wednesday 11th 9.10am but still haven't received email to say despatched. Am I panicking too soon?!!

I was told that I would get an email when they were posted but they turned up a week ago and I still haven’t received an email.

The whole selling process has been a complete clusterf_uck from start to finish.

Mate of mine who went to WBA & Wigan in the cup was told he couldn't get a ticket as the Wigan ticket wasn't showing on this account. He sourced a Club Wembley ticket instead and then today Saints phone him to say he can have a ticket.

They've also emailed my son asking if he wants a ticket even though he's got one.

I just cannot understand the mindset of any fan who chooses not to go as we're cr_ap. Cost, time, distance, other life stuff yes, of course, but because we're cr_ap? That's just plain odd.

The whole selling process has been a complete clusterf_uck from start to finish.

Mate of mine who went to WBA & Wigan in the cup was told he couldn't get a ticket as the Wigan ticket wasn't showing on this account. He sourced a Club Wembley ticket instead and then today Saints phone him to say he can have a ticket.

They've also emailed my son asking if he wants a ticket even though he's got one.

I just cannot understand the mindset of any fan who chooses not to go as we're cr_ap. Cost, time, distance, other life stuff yes, of course, but because we're cr_ap? That's just plain odd.

I guess the mindset is that those fans are fed up of seeing the team lose, and don't want to fork out to see us lose (probably) again.

Personally, I would be royally ****ed off with myself if we won and I wasn't there, knowing full well I could have attended. And I won't regret being there if we do lose.

have you seen us play this season?
Have a season ticket and been to plenty of aways so unfortunately, yep. This is our first FA Cup semi final in 15 years and only our fourth since 1976, just find it bizarre people won't be going because of our league form.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk