The Semi Final Ticket Thread (Chelsea)

Roger

We've sold less then we do for a standard home game, even once the away support is taken off.

It's an absolute shambles and the list of excuses gets worse by the day. If current trends continue, we'll only reach another FA Cup semi final 4 times in my lifetime! (assuming I live to 90!).

Strange support from Saints this, no matter how horrendous we've been.

Edited by LGTL

We've sold less then we do for a standard home game, even once the away support is taken off.

It's an absolute shambles and the list of excuses gets worse by the day. If current trends continue, we'll only reach another FA Cup semi final 4 times in my lifetime! (assuming I live to 90!).

Strange support from Saints this, no matter how horrendous we've been.

Chelsea struggling to sell them too !

Friend of mine tried buying tickets for him and his son (currently at Uni) today. When he purchased tickets last time he bought both in his own name, so as far as the Data Base is concerned his son doesn't exist.

Phoned the club to explain the situation and buy two. Was told by some jobswortn that he couldn't buy the second ticket. When he asked what would happen to the 5,000 or so unsold, the bloke said he didn't know, but they wouldn't go back to the FA and would probably remain unsold.

What a f^ck up.

I must be painfully out of touch as I can't quite fathom how we're so short of selling this out!

To be honest whilst I am going I am not really feeling the magic of the cup, probably because we have not beaten a single half decent side this season let alone a side as good as Chelsea.

I’m clinging to the hope that as it the cup, apparently ‘anything can happen’, deep down though I know that we are just going to get butt ****ed live on TV and go home miserable.

Friend of mine tried buying tickets for him and his son (currently at Uni) today. When he purchased tickets last time he bought both in his own name, so as far as the Data Base is concerned his son doesn't exist.

Phoned the club to explain the situation and buy two. Was told by some jobswortn that he couldn't buy the second ticket. When he asked what would happen to the 5,000 or so unsold, the bloke said he didn't know, but they wouldn't go back to the FA and would probably remain unsold.

What a f^ck up.

They can use mine and the boys customer numbers if he wants

It is very sad to see thousands of tickets unsold for a cup semi final at Wembley.....however this is all the clubs doing going for cheap crap options which have royally backfired and given us fans two seasons of dire football.

It's my duty weekend at work....yes i could have got someone to swap but do you know what.....i cannot be arsed, i am so disinterested and thats after over 45 years of supporting the club. I'm not even going to bother asking to finish an hour early so i can get home in time for the game....... After over 45 years am i bad fan?.....NO!...Just one very ****ed off fan.

Yeah, we'll probably get turned over. Yeah, we can't defend for ****e at the mo'. Yeah, we've been served up some right old pony for a season and a half. Yeah, we've sold big, bought cheap and got caught out. Yeah, we all feeling sorry for ourselves. Yeah, we're about to get relegated, barring a miracle. But it's an FA Cup semi final FFS and the team we love is in it. If fans can't get up for this, they can't get up for nowt. Irrespective of how you feel as to how it's run, fans represent more than just the club, they represent the City and each other. This is a showcase game and should be a sell out.

Chelsea struggling to sell them too !

Chelsea are now letting any season ticket holder or member buy 3 tickets (1 on their number plus 2 extra) if they did that for us would help shift quite a few tickets but I can’t see Saints ticket office allowing that. Surely the risk of touts is low due to such little demand for this fixture.

And in response to BarcelonaSaint - you can’t really claim to be a big Saints fan and at the same time be totally disinterested in your club playing in a semi final, fact is the club are going through a bad spell and your support has fallen at the first hurdle. There are fans of many other clubs who’d still love to switch places with us.

I will be at Wembley with one of my sons. The other is supporting friends at the London marathon.

I am at Wembley as my club is playing there, although I have no expectations of the current inadequate incumbents representing us on the field of play or boardroom.

I do hope though that we can fill our allocation as a show of support of each other and our city club.

If you don’t want to go, don’t go but don’t come on here telling everyone about it. Nobody gives a ****.

I would rather eat **** than spend the day on public transport with a bunch of face paint red wig toting bellends on a trip to see us get pounded at the echo chamber that is Wembley stadium.

I'm sure once the result comes in and we have been beat by 3 or 4 goals I will regret my decision and wish I was in the throng of people unable to get out of West London, though.

Its quite clear we are not going to sell out.

People will have their own reasons why they are not going which is up to them, but just maybe our fan base is not as big as some think it is.

I've always argued with Pompey fans that we had a bigger fan base then them, and without checking the prices, when they played Spurs in the 2010 semi-final they sold their allocation of over 30,000 this, despite the fact that the experts said they had no chance and the fact that they were going down that season too.

Same scenario as us this season....

They had over 2000 left the day before their semi final. They were priced at £30 for adults. Not from £30, just a standard price of £30. So a lot cheaper. No Portsmouth or London marathon that day either. And I bet their club didn't make it so bloody difficult to buy a ticket.

We clearly have a bigger fan base, the stats over the last 60 years show that. However I'm still amazed we cant sell this amount of tickets when we can sell 30K to watch us play Stoke. Or 52K to watch us play Carlisle.

Just tried to get tickets. Only 1 per member and whilst we have bought multiples before are not allowed this time. Hence I didn't buy just the one as I wanted a pair of tickets. How sad that our section will have so many gaps as there will be lots of fans who wont want to sit as a one

Just tried to get tickets. Only 1 per member and whilst we have bought multiples before are not allowed this time. Hence I didn't buy just the one as I wanted a pair of tickets. How sad that our section will have so many gaps as there will be lots of fans who wont want to sit as a one

we have a bunch of reta*ds working at the club ranging from the ticket office to the players to the owners and director of football- even the groundsmen doing things wrong these days with over watering the pitch.

It is rather terrible that block 141 now has around 200 empty seats at the front. We have made a shambles of the ticketing process, I just urge all Saints fans to please go and generate the best Wembley atmosphere we can, and that means buying up all the £30 tickets that remain!

You will regret it if we win, and if we lose then well it is the expected anyway.

Edited by nta786

we have a bunch of reta*ds working at the club ranging from the ticket office

Doubt it. Just a bunch of lads trying to do their best to be fair and to please everyone. They probably look at this forum and think **** it, why bother for this bunch of moaning, ungrateful glory hunters.

Doubt it. Just a bunch of lads trying to do their best to be fair and to please everyone. They probably look at this forum and think **** it, why bother for this bunch of moaning, ungrateful glory hunters.

I could be wrong but I highly doubt any other club will have sold tickets for this semi-final the way we did- about 10 different criteria that span over a length of 2 bloo*y weeks that even separated fans by the date they bought their membership, and continue to persist with a '1 ticket 1 membership number' rule when really STHs should have been allowed to purchase 1/2 more when it became clear this would not sell out- with just 5 days to go we have left it far too late for any of that.

for reference, I have decided to scout the web and see how Wigan sold their semi-final allocation back in 2013- appears far simpler- allow STHs to purchase an extra 2 and general salers to purchase 2 at a time providing they have a purchase history, we should have done similar by the 7/8th of April. This was the best I could find: https://www.wigantoday.net/sport/football/latics/wembley-tickets-information-1-5505345

Edited by nta786

Christ on a bike, just checked the website and blocks with "limited availability" are generally approx 50% empty. So availability not really all that limited then.

Shows how in-denial our management have become. They really do think we are still a top ten club that everyone will pay a fortune to see.

I could be wrong but I highly doubt any other club will have sold tickets for this semi-final the way we did- about 10 different criteria that span over a length of 2 bloo*y weeks that even separated fans by the date they bought their membership, and continue to persist with a '1 ticket 1 membership number' rule when really STHs should have been allowed to purchase 1/2 more when it became clear this would not sell out- with just 5 days to go we have left it far too late for any of that.

for reference, I have decided to scout the web and see how Wigan sold their semi-final allocation back in 2013- appears far simpler- allow STHs to purchase an extra 2 and general salers to purchase 2 at a time providing they have a purchase history, we should have done similar by the 7/8th of April. This was the best I could find: https://www.wigantoday.net/sport/football/latics/wembley-tickets-information-1-5505345

To be fair, probably because Wigan have bugger all fans...!

Anyone want to buy a club Wembley ticket for this? Face value £60. It's an e-ticket so can attach it to an email. Saints end in the corner. Think it has a small bar as well so you'll be able to get pints at half time. Let me know. I was supposed to be having the ticket off my mate and have paid for it but my works are dicks and I can't go now. :(

My step-dad just tried for a ticket. He wants to go with my mum. He's only allowed to buy 1 ticket. So they're not going. Even as a STH I cant buy extras to help them go. Why are they being so restrictive?

I've got at least a couple of numbers that should be elligible if anyone wants to use them

So the FA have admitted they've f*cked up the ticket pricing i see

http://fsf.org.uk/latest-news/view/fa-announces-cheaper-concessions-following-fan-lobbying

Hate to say it but it's all bluster. For change to really come, and for fans to get tickets at comparable European team prices, it will take the fans to walk away en mass. Highly unlikely to happen in my lifetime - but it really does need the bubble to burst.

im more than happy for you to use my membership no.

Well, I'll be supporting one of my favourite football clubs on Sunday, it's just that it's the team I play for and I'll probably be sub again. Given the timings I won't even be able to watch the game on the box. If the game had been on the Saturday I'd probably have gone, on my own. I think my mind was made up after the West Ham performance - not the result but the abject lack of effort and fight. But s*d it; I'm fed up as a fan being taken for granted and expected to accept without demur the prices, the change to dates and times of fixtures (sometimes at short notice), paying for the new owner's purchase by not replacing key players, keeping a crap manager in a job when it was obvious he didn't have it (let alone appointing him in the first place).

I was heartened by the Arsenal and Chelsea performances but I'd already confirmed my availability to my manager, not that he really needs me. I'd never not go to a game because I was expecting a loss (a supporter since 1967/8) but the football authorities in this country see us as docile milch cows and I'm hacked off with it all.

Most expensive semi final ever:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/03/21/fa-accused-shamelessly-milking-supporters-revealing-hiked-prices/

Chelsea still havn’t sold out despite people behind no able to buy two extra tickets from yesterday.

I hope there's lots of empty seats for both sides and the commentators pick up on the pricing and not blame poor support !

It is very sad to see thousands of tickets unsold for a cup semi final at Wembley.....however this is all the clubs doing going for cheap crap options which have royally backfired and given us fans two seasons of dire football.

It's my duty weekend at work....yes i could have got someone to swap but do you know what.....i cannot be arsed, i am so disinterested and thats after over 45 years of supporting the club. I'm not even going to bother asking to finish an hour early so i can get home in time for the game....... After over 45 years am i bad fan?.....NO!...Just one very ****ed off fan.

Join my club, I hate the way my club is being run, but have had red and white running through my veins since 1979. I don't care atm, I just dont care and that is a sad state of affairs and reminds me of the branfoot era, where i supported the team, but hated the way it was being run.

Interesting conversations about best fans and real fans etc. I must be the craziest. Not only am I coming over for the semi-final but going to Leicester on Thursday night. Only been to one FA Cup semi-final - 86, i think so didn't want to miss the chance for another. Hard to believe the train wreck we have become but that's the life of a Saints fan

Bloody ridiculous as it was showing last week when I booked my ticket.

Now we’re going to have to get the slow one and change at Havant or wait for the later one.

Yes ridiculous, the incompetence of the railways rivals our football club. The 6.55 service was showing on the schedule a couple of days ago, now it has disappeared. I asked at Southampton central this morning, first member of staff I spoke to suggested if it wasn’t on the schedule then it never existed, managed to speak to someone who seemed to know what they were doing - apparently overnight engineering works between Eastleigh and Basingstoke so the first direct train is 7.55. I pointed out that plenty of people will have already planned to get the 6.55 and won’t be aware of their sneaky timetable change, she said they hoped to have a bus replacement for the 6.55 as far as Basingstoke :mcinnes:

The whole selling process has been a complete clusterf_uck from start to finish.

Mate of mine who went to WBA & Wigan in the cup was told he couldn't get a ticket as the Wigan ticket wasn't showing on this account. He sourced a Club Wembley ticket instead and then today Saints phone him to say he can have a ticket.

They've also emailed my son asking if he wants a ticket even though he's got one.

I just cannot understand the mindset of any fan who chooses not to go as we're cr_ap. Cost, time, distance, other life stuff yes, of course, but because we're cr_ap? That's just plain odd.

A lot of people will be missing it because we’re crap but will use the other things you’ve listed as the reason why. I wonder how many of those who don’t have the time or money would suddenly find it if we were in the top half?

I mean, if people don’t want to go, fine, for whatever reason. But many will be finding ‘alternative’ excuses rather than just saying “I think we’ll lose so don’t think it’s worth the bother”.

Do Saints get a massive fine if some Chelsea fan manages to get a ticket in our end? Is that why they are not letting people get additional tickets on top of their one per Customer Number?
I can only assume it is for security reasons, although that is flawed with all the sub market trading of tickets