The Semi Final Ticket Thread (Chelsea)

Roger

Won't make any difference to me either way. Just can't be Rrsed to trek up to Wembley anymore. Using it as a club ground has ruined its special status, just another over-hyped, hyper-expensive footie stadium with inadequate facilities, lousy catering and stinking loos.

Wembley has some of the most "adequate" facilities I've ever seen at a football ground TBH Charles.

Course it is. But so is the club saying **** you & setting the criteria for the final accordingly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I disagree. I think if you stumped up for a ST to watch that ****e all season you deserve to be able to pick and choose should they somehow manage to fluke their way to the final.

Are there any reductions on the quoted ticket prices for under 17s or under 12s?

Not guaranteed to work but my tip would be to buy £30 adult / £20 concession tickets upper tier behind goal then move into some of the thousands of empty more expensive seats when you get there. I’ve done it myself many times at England games and stewards are generally quite laid back , just don’t make it too obvious.

I know fans of quite a few other clubs and fully expect a few texts on the day along the lines of “f*cking hell poor turn out from you lads today” when they show all the empty seats on tv, I remember skates struggling to sell out in 2010 but I think they did just. We’ll end up categorised like Wigan who quite rightly were given a smaller allocation the next time they got to Wembley based on poor previous ticket sales.

Just looked at the ticket site and there is still loads left in the lower tier, plus thousands in the upper, yet there is still restrictions on who can buy. What a ****ing shambles.

By now anyone who wants tickets should be able to buy as many as they want. Think the club has delusions of grandeur from the top down.

I spoke with the ticket office today and the informed me they have no selling plan after tomorrows criteria of one qualifying game this season.
They'll be an announcement this afternoon according to the official site..........

Friday 13th*April (9am)*– Supporters who have purchased*AT LEAST ONE*qualifying fixture against their Supporter Number.

Should there still be tickets remaining after this sale, a further announcement as to ticket sales will be made in the afternoon of Friday 13th*April.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Got tickets ok.

The pricing was different [more expensive!] to that shown on the seating plan e.g. Blocks 532 - 538 showed up as category 3, instead of 4.

The only category 4 were right behind the goal at the back!

https://tickets.saintsfc.co.uk/PagesPublic/ProductBrowse/ProductHome.aspx?ProductSubType=SEMI&soalready=8aLmhDHRSUZvxn8f/WoZOVpRZYFMAoz6Id57ULDiBe4=

The greedy FA increasing the prices has probably put some off as well.

I’m sure if we win tomorrow there will be a surge in demand.

Prices & especially concessions are a joke - not paying near £150 for a pair near the half way line.

Plumped for 2 on top tier & will probably move into empty seats in front of us anyway :)

Lots of comments on here about worthiness of fans and the shame of not selling out a cup semi-final, but if I were in a senior position at the club I would be hugely fearful of what this means to them. Clearly, the season ticket holding fan base has not taken up their ticket allocation.

There will be many reasons for this, but I would imagine a large factor is disillusionment/apathy towards Southampton Football Club (and perhaps football in general).

When your bread and butter fan base can't be arsed to buy FA Cup semi-final tickets, I wonder how many can be bothered to renew their season tickets (regardless of what division we are in next year).

I'm sure we will sell out, but the last few thousand tickets are going to be bought by folks who don't pay to watch SFC regularly.

I'm also pretty confident that unless we

a) stay up

b) invest heavily in proven footballing talent

c) recruit a named manager we can believe in (happy if this is Hughes if he keeps us up)

Then season ticket sales are going to fall off a cliff for next season.

How many opportunities do you get to watch Saints at Wembley in the FA Cup in your lifetime?! Not many...!

Indeed. That's the main reason I'm going.

If you go for the cheapest tickets (£30 + £1 fee) it's cheaper than tomorrow's game at St Mary's.

Lots of comments on here about worthiness of fans and the shame of not selling out a cup semi-final, but if I were in a senior position at the club I would be hugely fearful of what this means to them. Clearly, the season ticket holding fan base has not taken up their ticket allocation.

There will be many reasons for this, but I would imagine a large factor is disillusionment/apathy towards Southampton Football Club (and perhaps football in general).

When your bread and butter fan base can't be arsed to buy FA Cup semi-final tickets, I wonder how many can be bothered to renew their season tickets (regardless of what division we are in next year).

I'm sure we will sell out, but the last few thousand tickets are going to be bought by folks who don't pay to watch SFC regularly.

a) stay up

c) recruit a named manager we can believe in (happy if this is Hughes if he keeps us up)

Interesting that according to the Chelsea forum, they haven't sold out yet, and think that they will struggle to sell their full allocation.

FA have really messed up their pricing for this.

Interesting that according to the Chelsea forum, they haven't sold out yet, and think that they will struggle to sell their full allocation.

FA have really messed up their pricing for this.

I'm still of the opinion the semi final shouldn't be at Wembley at all. Wembley should the final only. It just feels like the FA trying to milk the football co and dilutes the experience of the final.

A day out at Wembley is an expensive thing especially when paying for kids as well and not something I can justify doing twice within a couple of months. If I'm going to shell out it's going for the final not the semi I doubt I'm the only one thinking like that.

I'm still of the opinion the semi final shouldn't be at Wembley at all. Wembley should the final only. It just feels like the FA trying to milk the football co and dilutes the experience of the final.

A day out at Wembley is an expensive thing especially when paying for kids as well and not something I can justify doing twice within a couple of months. If I'm going to shell out it's going for the final not the semi I doubt I'm the only one thinking like that.

Wembley Stadium turned out so expensive that the FA had to try to maximise revenue wherever possible., hence they want to use Wembley as much as possible.

I agree with you, it's not the place for a semi final.

Not sure £30 is too expensive for the average Chelsea fan.

But £80 + £65 tickets are plus only £10 off for concessions is too much

as many have said if you want decent seats its over £200 for a family of four without travel costs added on

My 10-year-old lad and I will be driving up from Cornwall for this one. Looking forward to a good day out and hopefully a decent performance. You never know, we may just spring a surprise. Regardless, it is another chance to see our team at Wembley and that is a chance I don't want to miss. COYS!

My 10-year-old lad and I will be driving up from Cornwall for this one. Looking forward to a good day out and hopefully a decent performance. You never know, we may just spring a surprise. Regardless, it is another chance to see our team at Wembley and that is a chance I don't want to miss. COYS!

Good man, driving Bude to Exeter and then train from there. Bringing my 7 and 10 year old with me. Glad to hear I’m not the only mental one...

Good man, driving Bude to Exeter and then train from there. Bringing my 7 and 10 year old with me. Glad to hear I’m not the only mental one...

Nice one ChudSaint - I hope you and your kids have a great day. I am fortunate in that I am stopping over at my dad's in Alton, so can break the journey up. It's a long way to go, but it's worth it!

Nice one ChudSaint - I hope you and your kids have a great day. I am fortunate in that I am stopping over at my dad's in Alton, so can break the journey up. It's a long way to go, but it's worth it!

Did the final last year with the older boy from our previous base in South Devon, youngest was gutted but promised him next time, wasn’t expecting it to be so soon. Eldest now thinks it happens every year but obviously we all know it may also never happen again, you don’t turn down chances when they come along.

God forbid we actually win and I’ve got to do it all again in a months time, may have to remortgage the house!!

Southampton Marathon on the same day doesn't help.

That's my excuse for not going , Hope Lord D doesn't mind me trying to rase a few quid for cancer research rather than attending because I would probably get to the final should we make it ! :lol:

a) stay up

The season ticket debate has been discussed elsewhere and I know quite a few season ticket holders are not bothering to renew next year unless something really positive happens and I cant see this happening.

I assumed we wouldnt sell out for the semi final but didnt expect the scale of the current shortfall but it is encouraging to note that a top 6 club like Chelsea are currently struggling with ticket sales so it is not just us

Hopefully the club will come up with a sensible season ticket pricing package for next season especially for the Under 25's who generally provide the core of the vocal supporter.

I wouldn't miss it for the world. I'm 30 and this'll be only my second FA Cup semi final after 03. Apart from that, I've seen us in a League Cup final and JPT. For someone only a few years younger this'll probably be their first chance to see us at this stage of the FA Cup!

I fear for our support 5-10 years down the line.

SALES UPDATE FOR SEMIFINAL

A further sales update has been issued for Southampton’s Emirates FA Cup semi-final meeting with Chelsea at Wembley.

Tickets will go on sale exclusively online at 9am on Monday to supporters who have attended ANY competitive fixture since the start of the 2014/15 season that ISN’T against Chelsea.

For a full summary of sale periods and conditions, please consult the following link.

https://southamptonfc.com/news/2018-04-13/emirates-fa-cup-semi-final-ticket-criteria-update-southampton-chelsea

Since when did they introduce playoffs for the last relegation slot? Must have missed that announcement....:)

You are too negative, I dont think we will go down again next season! Though it might be close...

SALES UPDATE FOR SEMIFINAL

A further sales update has been issued for Southampton’s Emirates FA Cup semi-final meeting with Chelsea at Wembley.

Tickets will go on sale exclusively online at 9am on Monday to supporters who have attended ANY competitive fixture since the start of the 2014/15 season that ISN’T against Chelsea.

For a full summary of sale periods and conditions, please consult the following link.

https://southamptonfc.com/news/2018-04-13/emirates-fa-cup-semi-final-ticket-criteria-update-southampton-chelsea

Why if isn't Chelsea??!!!