Hughes Hyperthetical Summer Transfer Window

Dan Johnson

Is this a come get me plea from Butland?

Stoke City goalkeeper Jack Butland says that he hopes Southampton can avoid relegation from the Premier League this season.

Butland says that he wishes Mark Hughes all the best and hopes Stoke and Southampton can stay up.

Stoke and Southampton currently sit 19th and 18th in the Premier League table, Stoke on 27 points and Southampton on 28.

West Ham and Crystal Palace are in the two spots above the drop, with both sides on 30 points.

He's an improvement on Forster.

I have to say if we do stay up I hope the plan to improve our squad is not built around buying up a load of Stoke players.

Hopefully all these links to Hughes ex players is just abit of lazy click bait journalism.

I do agree with you, but in fairness Butland is one of the best keepers in the PL - He would certainly improve us (If we could attract him, I think he'll go to Liverpool personally).

Other than Butland, the only player I would take is Shaqiri but I'm not sure he would suit us and we would find better value else where.

If we are to take a player from any potential relegated side, I hope it's Aaron Mooy from Huddersfield.

Shaqiri is their stand out player and is probably an upgrade on what we have, especially as he actually scored goals out of nothing which none of our attackers really do.

He's also inconsistent which is why a top 6 club wouldn't be that interested in him.

The rest though I'm not sure is any better than what we have, adding players from a relegated club doesn't seem the smartest recruitment policy to me.

Is this a come get me plea from Butland?

Stoke City goalkeeper Jack Butland says that he hopes Southampton can avoid relegation from the Premier League this season.

Butland says that he wishes Mark Hughes all the best and hopes Stoke and Southampton can stay up.

Stoke and Southampton currently sit 19th and 18th in the Premier League table, Stoke on 27 points and Southampton on 28.

West Ham and Crystal Palace are in the two spots above the drop, with both sides on 30 points.

What an odd thing for him to say. You could understand if it was a pre-match interview before they played us, but they're in a direct battle with us. If it's not us that goes, it'll be them.

I bet their fans are happy!

The rest though I'm not sure is any better than what we have, adding players from a relegated club doesn't seem the smartest recruitment policy to me.

A non smart recruitment policy would be dismissing a player purely for how well his team did in a season. A player should be judged on his own merits, not his club's.

If we keep Hughes and play 442 then it's essential we get another striker. Not a punt like Carillo but an actual natural finisher and target man. Also an attacking midfielder that is not scared to thread through balls, notice runs and to help keep the defense out of position by running them all over the place. A strong CB that is good in the air but also pacey would be ideal as our defense is leaky as s**t.

So basically Pelle, Mane and VVD replacements.

Promes looks like a good start, Higuain also would be excellent. Koulibaly would be ideal as CB.

If we keep Hughes and play 442 then it's essential we get another striker. Not a punt like Carillo but an actual natural finisher and target man. Also an attacking midfielder that is not scared to thread through balls, notice runs and to help keep the defense out of position by running them all over the place. A strong CB that is good in the air but also pacey would be ideal as our defense is leaky as s**t.

Promes looks like a good start, Higuain also would be excellent. Koulibaly would be ideal as CB.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

a8143ccd301a3fc73be2f9057857945b.jpg

Daily Express saying this morning we are in for Shaqiri if we stay up and Stoke go down.

I guess that confirms Lemina is off to Liverpool.

Ridiculous to think that Hughes is already chewing Les’ ear off about transfer targets before playing a single PL game and given he only has a contract until the end of the season. Plus Lemina and Shaqiri are completely different players.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FFS, we are scrapping to stay afloat.....it's 50/50 at best. Let's wait until or if we flop over the line before we go seeking out Promes, Shaquiri and co. !!!

Yeah, along with RoKo leaving ��

Koeman worked for us and not Everton, just like WGS worked for us and not Coventry and Saggy-Chops worked for the blue slime down the M27 and not us.

Which is why I am currently optimistic about Sparky. I think clubs and managers click, or they dont, and past history dont matter.

I'd get rid of Boufal (he's another Gashton) and put Tadic on probation.

Isn't four seasons long enough ?

On the topic of Shaqiri though, undoubtedly a good player, but he seemed to spend most of the match at St Mary's having a public strop with some of his team mates.

I'd get rid of Boufal (he's another Gashton) and put Tadic on probation.

Tadic was very good when Pelle and Mane were here.

I think he needs confidence, an arm round the shoulder and better options ahead of him.

Anyone watching how Promes is doing against England tonight ??

Just one game - but he was absolutely pants. Can't believe the Russians didn't bit our hands off for £30M???? On that performance I won't pay £5M for him. Oh and where is that electric pace he is supposed to have. Walcott an absolute bargain in comparison - just a pity he didn't want to come to us.

James Madisson

Ryan Sessegnon

Moussa Dembele

DeVrij

Goalkeeper to challenge McCarthy

Sell Forster, Redmond, Carillo and Long

Thats a good shopping list there,but Sessegnon could be a little tricky to try and land,with other bigger clubs looking at him.

Not sure we would want anyone from Stoke bar Shaqiri, should also be noted that most of the players Mark Hughes apparently wanted whilst he was there were signed by us.

Butland maybe but he'd be super expensive for a keeper and he seems to still be very error prone.

Zouma seems to have gone off the boil, but looks like the kind of centre-back we need, again might be a player like Lovren (for us, not now) that with the right set up and management could be a top player.

Left-back wise I think we could rehabilitate Shaw, looks pretty certain Utd are letting him go this summer and he has 1 year left on his contract.

We'll see in the summer if the Promes deal is still on, certainly the sort of player we need, basically we need a Mane mk2, even if he is a little worse.

This is all presuming we stay up of course.

Final sentence if we stay up. Should have sacked the muppet in january to give ourselves a chance not leave it with 8 games left. Lets face it we have to beat someone now to get out of the relegation bottom 3 ....!