Our run in - reasons for optimism

whelk

Well firstly MP going has given everyone a massive lift. In addition semi final to look forward to and Austin hopefully getting back to playing.

Heard a lot of pundits talking about our tricky run but also case to be made for why we will we hoover up the points.

So each game:

West Ham - in turmoil, last home performance a shambles. Pressure on Moyes. 2 weeks for Hughes to get to know players

Arsenal - in between Europa League priorities and will rest players. Fck all to play for

Chelsea - funny old side but can be turned over. Players may be looking for moves with Abramovich’s assets all frozen. Conte generally o1ssed off.

Bournemouth - we normally do them at home and again very inconsistent side.

Everton - fck all to play for and still fans not happy with Allardyce. Tricky but they ain’t great

Man City - we beat Wigan who beat City so we are clearly better than them. And will have wrapped up league 6 games ago and possibly looking to CL final.

Swansea - new manager bounce over, play them when they may be safe.

Leicester - Claude’s motivational powers waning, another team with fck all to play for and some players thinking about summer moves

So 22 to 24 pts

you ****ed?

:lol:

Brilliant to think what one win does for a fan.

We have a lot still to do, and I’m sure Hughes is under no illusion.

Arnautovic etc would have capitalised on those first half chances that Wigan squandered.

However, I am backing us to get 8 to 10 pts now, compared to the 3-4 I predicted if we had Pellegrino still.

Well firstly MP going has given everyone a massive lift. In addition semi final to look forward to and Austin hopefully getting back to playing.

Heard a lot of pundits talking about our tricky run but also case to be made for why we will we hoover up the points.

So each game:

West Ham - in turmoil, last home performance a shambles. Pressure on Moyes. 2 weeks for Hughes to get to know players

Arsenal - in between Europa League priorities and will rest players. Fck all to play for

Chelsea - funny old side but can be turned over. Players may be looking for moves with Abramovich’s assets all frozen. Conte generally o1ssed off.

Everton - fck all to play for and still fans not happy with Allardyce. Tricky but they ain’t great

Man City - we beat Wigan who beat City so we are clearly better than them. And will have wrapped up league 6 games ago and possibly looking to CL final.

Leicester - Claude’s motivational powers waning, another team with fck all to play for and some players thinking about summer moves

So 22 to 24 pts

Your optimism has lifted my mood this morning!

I think alot of the 'negative' feeling from pundits over our run-in is because of the amount of away's we have, no neccearilly who we play.

We've been **** at home for 18 months, marginally better away. So away games to teams bobbing around in mid-table nothingness is quite a decent run-in for me. At home games against a City and Chelsea team who will have zilch to play for by the time those games come round (maybe). Out of the 'top sides' I think I'd rather have Chelsea and Arsenal in the run-in rather than Utd, Liverpool, Spurs etc.

My optimisim has been lifted the moment MP was shown the door. This isn't based on yesterdays win, as we were dog ****e for 60% of that game. But there are certainly reasons to be positive.

Play more like we did in that second half and we'll have a chance. Hughes will learn quicker than Pellegrino that's for sure. Pellegrino would change the formation, see us play better and then bin that off again for another couple of months. Bloke really was a shambles.

Play more like we did in that second half and we'll have a chance. Hughes will learn quicker than Pellegrino that's for sure. Pellegrino would change the formation, see us play better and then bin that off again for another couple of months. Bloke really was a shambles.

I don't think he really knew what he ever wanted to achieve. I didn't ever understand the style or the tactics he was trying to put across, I don't think the players did either. He as a decent bloke I'm sure, but he was so , so, so out of his depth at this level.

I don't think he really knew what he ever wanted to achieve. I didn't ever understand the style or the tactics he was trying to put across, I don't think the players did either. He as a decent bloke I'm sure, but he was so , so, so out of his depth at this level.

So far out of his depth that he couldn’t even see the surface. He treated us an experiment for his theory as to how to play football.

Also I'm optimistic that the players appear committed and want to get us out of this mire. MP didn't seem to be able to get them to work as a team, at least now we've got some hope of becoming competitive again.

We are better away from home anyway, so not a massive worry there and as noted we are likely to play teams with no much to play for or having something to be distracted by (Arsenal Europa).

West Ham is massive though, 3 points are there for the taking but there will be a reaction from them after that terrible performance. A loss would hurt us a lot, a point would be ok.

10 points are needed I reckon.

3 from West Ham or Swansea, 3 from Bournemouth, 4 points from Everton/Leicester/Chelsea/Arsenal

So each game:

So 22 to 24 pts

I think I counted 10 reasons to be cheerful there!

A week ago we had none....

That’s commendable optimism if ever I saw it !! :-))