Two games against Chelsea, which is more important?

OttawaSaint

Playing the odds, you would say we have a chance of gaining enough points to stay up but there’s very little chance we will get past Chelsea let alone Utd or Spuds, so the choice as put would be cup. BUT! So much of the clubs infrastructure relies on its Prem status...local suppliers...workers jobs etc. Being sensible with no fairy tales involved, it’s gotta be the league.

This absolutely. Those memories are so special.

Super special I agree - can remember it clearly as a schoolboy listening to it on the radio - but times have changed since then. The price of not being in the PL and the difficulty of getting back in once you're out is just too high.

I live in Vancouver now...televised coverage is all PL - lower leagues don't exist...

So it's League, League, League for me.

Super special I agree - can remember it clearly as a schoolboy listening to it on the radio - but times have changed since then. The price of not being in the PL and the difficulty of getting back in once you're out is just too high.

I live in Vancouver now...televised coverage is all PL - lower leagues don't exist...

So it's League, League, League for me.

But for a club our size, sooner or later we are going to get relegated. No chance that we go another 30 years straight. It’s not as though we stay up this year and that’s the end of it.

Gotta say the cup. Doesn’t come round often for clubs like Saints.

Has to be league. 100%. Going down could mean being out of the top flight for a generation. Chances of another cup run almost disappear.

Stay up and we have a better chance of having more cup runs. No guarantees, but despite a recent blip we are a well run club, with a good fan base, good facilities and potential to establish ourselves as one of the teams just behind the big boys . You only have to look the likes of Leeds, Wednesday, Sunderland etc to see what can happen when you drop out of the premier league. Real football my arse, years of being an also ran in the championship sounds awful to me.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Has to be league. 100%. Going down could mean being out of the top flight for a generation. Chances of another cup run almost disappear.

Wait, so your argument is that we should prioritise the league so we can a better chance of more cup runs in future. We have a cup run, we're in the middle of one right now.

Wait, so your argument is that we should prioritise the league so we can a better chance of more cup runs in future. We have a cup run, we're in the middle of one right now.

Yeah, you could put it that way! We sacrifice this cup run to stay in the league so that we have a chance of other cup runs or we take the cup run now and go down and reduce our cup run chances massively for an unspecified length of time. There won't be another Markus and fairy tale rise through the league if we go down.