Our best 3 signings since returning to the premier league

ChiefScummer

Our best, as in for their impact with us, Bertrand, Pelle and Mane (though Davis and Tadic only just edged out).

The most talented three, Mane, Toby and VVD.

Whatever has gone right or wrong over the last few years I have to say our recruitment has been better than most. Some of the players who have come through the club have been top quality. Could have easily mentioned Clyne, Lovren, Wanayama before we even get to the academy lot.

Mane, Pelle, VVD
Was just about to post this after reading through the thread.

I personally miss Pelle more than anyone that has left in the last 5 years. The sheer joy he had when he would score, his apparent love for the team and his teammates.

i think our struggles can be tied to him leaving more than any other player that has left. Yeah, he was likely on the downside of his career when he left, but there still two really good more years there.

Was just about to post this after reading through the thread.

I personally miss Pelle more than anyone that has left in the last 5 years. The sheer joy he had when he would score, his apparent love for the team and his teammates.

i think our struggles can be tied to him leaving more than any other player that has left. Yeah, he was likely on the downside of his career when he left, but there still two really good more years there.

When he left he hadn't been in the team for a while, and has largely been poor in China.

Mane is the one we miss most, the one we nowhere near adequately replaced.

Our best, as in for their impact with us, Bertrand, Pelle and Mane (though Davis and Tadic only just edged out).

The most talented three, Mane, Toby and VVD.

Whatever has gone right or wrong over the last few years I have to say our recruitment has been better than most. Some of the players who have come through the club have been top quality. Could have easily mentioned Clyne, Lovren, Wanayama before we even get to the academy lot.

This is true. Look at the expensive ****e WBA and West Ham have accumulated.

This is true. Look at the expensive ****e WBA and West Ham have accumulated.

There is an unfortunate reason we keep getting our talent cherry picked.

If we can survive this season the goal long term has to be imitating the trend of European teams who recruit well and sell big while keeping together good sides. I know we aren't on the same level but the likes of Dortmund, Monaco, Atletico, RB Leipzig etc should be our model.

Still maintain we have more quality players than a number of teams above us.

'Clearly' Pochetino is our first best signing, he turned us from wide-eyed happy-to-stay-up newbies to contenders (as in EL contenders but hey, baby steps and all that).

Second best RK, little ol' Saints got lucky not once but twice; where once the likes of Sturrock, Wigley, Redknapp, Burley and Wotte froze in the soccer hot-bed that is St Mary's we were blessed to be led by somebody who registered on the worldsoccerometer. And if you want winning football and our highest finish for umpteen years then Ronald was your man.

Third best has to be Mane. Lambasted by some as a Swiss Ali Dia, he lit up SMS in a way that those who have endured the Puel/MP years can only marvel at. If I could only live just a few minutes of my Saints-life again those 2mins 56 seconds against Aston Villa would have to go in my all time top 10.

Second best RK, little ol' Saints got lucky not once but twice; where once the likes of Sturrock, Wigley, Redknapp, Burley and Wotte froze in the soccer hot-bed that is St Mary's we were blessed to be led by somebody who registered on the worldsoccerometer.

Luggy didn’t freeze at hotbed SMS. His record was fine with us. Players forced him out (just like they did with Puel).

VVD, Steven Davis, Boruc.

The best player

The most consistent player through Prem years

Fella that (along with Poch) kept us in the Prem

You are aware that we weren't going down with Nigel right? And that poch's record for the rest of that season matched that of Nigel for the preceding number of games.

I mean, don't get me wrong, poch is a great manager and far the better coach... but he took us to top 8, not kept us up. Doing a massive service to Nigel Adkins who should arguably be on the banner in my humble opinion.