Bertrand back

Pedro

That's commitment from Bertrand if anyone wanted to see it.

England place/position sewn up, back to concentrate on keeping us up.

By the way, if anyone has met Ryan, you'll realise that his demeanour on the pitch is not a case of him not being committed, more that he's just quite quiet and like that. A switched on and intelligent guy as well.

That's commitment from Bertrand if anyone wanted to see it.

By the way, if anyone has met Ryan, you'll realise that his demeanour on the pitch is not a case of him not being committed, more that he's just quite quiet and like that. A switched on and intelligent guy as well.

I agree to a certain extent. However, I can't be the only person who has noticed that there seems to be a bit of 'beef' between Bertrand and Redmond. It's gotten worse as the season has gone on. Bertrand has looked far more effective linking up with either Boufal or Tadic, and he looked a lot livelier and happier against Wigan until Redmond came on. Then the scowl immediately reappeared.

It's no secret that Redmond is a proper moaner on the pitch, he berates anyone and everyone when something goes wrong and very rarely takes any responsibility for a misplaced pass or a broken down run himself. Bertrand, by virtue of his position, will have been exposed to that more often than most.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

That’s my guess

Yes, that's the one. Player puts the last chance of being the starting England LB at a WC at risk in order to get involved in two weeks training for a relegation battle for a club he is desperate to leave in the Summer.

And please don't think that Bertrand's place in the starting XI is 'sewn up' - you just know Southgate is itching to be given the opportunity to play Ashley Young there.

Will they leave Rose behind then, with Young and Bertrand selected? Personally I'd pick Bertrand to play the left centre back role and take all three toRussia especially as Young can fill gaps and Rose at his best is competent.