Leicester (A)

Saint Garrett

At least they haven't sold tickets before moving this one...!

Moved from Semi Final weekend to Thursday 19th April.

Southampton’s Premier League visit to Leicester City has been rearranged for Thursday 19th April, with kick-off at 7.45pm BST.

The game was originally due to have been played on the weekend of the FA Cup semi-finals, but Saints’ progress to the last four of the competition necessitated a change.

The decision to play the game on the Thursday was made because Chelsea – Saints’ opponents at Wembley three days later – are also in action that night, away to Burnley, and the Premier League deemed that the fairest option was for both sides to play at the same time.

Ticket information for the Leicester game will be released as soon as it is finalised.

Ah yes, that's fair. Except that Chelsea may have little to play for in the league and have a massive squad, so can rest pretty well all of their first choice team on the Thursday night, whilst we'll have a critical relegation game and half the players to choose from.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Ah yes, that's fair. Except that Chelsea may have little to play for in the league and have a massive squad, so can rest pretty well all of their first choice team on the Thursday night, whilst we'll have a critical relegation game and half the players to choose from.

I imagine that they will be prioritising qualifying for the Champions League over the FA Cup. If they will be resting players, they'll do so for our match.

dont we both have a registered squad of 15 players to choose from? Although I agree with the sentiment that they have nothing to play for. Equally if we lose to Westham you could argue neither will we.

Burnley fans aren't best pleased either. Not only are they having to play on a Thursday evening, but their planned game vs Stoke has had to be moved from the following Saturday to the Sunday as a result, and after tickets for that game went on sale.

Burnley fans aren't best pleased either. Not only are they having to play on a Thursday evening, but their planned game vs Stoke has had to be moved from the following Saturday to the Sunday as a result, and after tickets for that game went on sale.
Taking the p**s out of fans is getting worse and worse.

Don't know why the Premier League need to decide what is fair in relation to the League Cup final?

******** typical. cannot attend it anymore.

why could they not move it to midweek after our fa cup semi-final....

Because they aren't allowed to schedule a Premier League game with a Champions League match and the semi finals are on that mid week.

Edited by Matthew Le God

That is utterly ridiculous and disgraceful.

Is this on Thursday because it’s on TV ?

If it’s not on TV what ****in idiot decided Thursday was better than Tuesday or Wednesday?

Sky have got the rights to 3 premier league 'midweek' games that week (no idea why, assume because there are no European games scheduled?). They've got Spurs' game on the Tuesday and Man Utd's game on the Wednesday (neither of those could be the Thursday game due to their semi final on the Saturday) which just left Thursday for Chelsea's game. And the PL have decided ours should be on the same day as Chelsea's (which ignores the fact that Spurs get an extra days rest before the semi final compared to Man utd, so why couldn't we...?) Edited by trousers

Sky have got the rights to 3 premier league 'midweek' games that week (no idea why, assume because there are no European games scheduled?). They've got Spurs' game on the Tuesday and Man Utd's game on the Wednesday (neither of those could be the Thursday game due to their semi final on the Saturday) which just left Thursday for Chelsea's game. And the PL have decided ours should be on the same day as Chelsea's (which ignores the fact that Spurs get an extra days rest before the semi final compared to Man utd, so why couldn't we...?)

oh ok thanks for the explanation. So it’s Thursday so as not to give us an advantage in the semi final ? LOL you couldn’t make it up......although clearly the PL have !

That is utterly ridiculous and disgraceful.

There’s a whole knock on effect of rearranging games,Arsenal v West Ham was going to be Monday night of cup semi final weekend, that’s now back on the Sunday! So they’ll be around in London same day as us, the time has come for fan groups to say enough is enough, worked well for away ticket price campaign I’d like to see something done about fixture changes as well.

Making us play at Leicester on a Thursday night before a semi final final just ‘to be fair to Chelsea ‘ is an absolute joke!

There’s a whole knock on effect of rearranging games,Arsenal v West Ham was going to be Monday night of cup semi final weekend, that’s now back on the Sunday! So they’ll be around in London same day as us, the time has come for fan groups to say enough is enough, worked well for away ticket price campaign I’d like to see something done about fixture changes as well.

Making us play at Leicester on a Thursday night before a semi final final just ‘to be fair to Chelsea ‘ is an absolute joke!

Especially when they're not affording the same fairness to Man Utd, who have one less preparation day before the semi final than Spurs. I'm sure Mourinho will be happy with that... :)

Especially when they're not affording the same fairness to Man Utd, who have one less preparation day before the semi final than Spurs. I'm sure Mourinho will be happy with that... :)
And that's before he even gets to Spurs' 'home' advantage...

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I’d be more concerned if this was midweek before the Boscombe game. Could the Swansea game be that week?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Champions League semi finals are 24/25 April and we play the Cherry pips on 28th so it’s doubtful given nothing can clash with CL games apparently

Because they aren't allowed to schedule a Premier League game with a Champions League match and the semi finals are on that mid week.

They can actually, the clubs just get a small fine.