Wreck it Ralph

Mr X

By all accounts it was kreuger that pushed the hardest with the board for pelligrino to extend his stay at the club, possibly down to his "vote of confidence" should he shoulder some of the blame?

What's your overall opinion on him? Think he does a good job? Or not worthy of chairman?

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

I heard it was Ralph who pushed for him to go, and it was Reed that wanted him to stay.

Admittedly, when I say "I heard", I was told by someone who had read it or heard it 'somewhere'. So I give my statement very little credibility at all, but just interesting that I'd heard the exact opposite of the OP.

Apparently Ralph was instrumental in the under armour deal and the satellite academies happening in US all to do with this deal as well. I liked Ralph up until his small club claims and I think lost many that day.
Don't give a f*ck about either under armour or some stupid satellite academies abroad. It's all this stuff and taking our eyes off what actually matters that has got us into this mess.

The way he looks, the way he sounds and the words he utters make me feel embarrassed. Not nice of me to say that but that is the feeling he creates in me. Sick of his corporate bullsheet. I would love a plain speaking chairman that says things how they are, informs the fans of what is going on, fights fires created by the press and generally let's the fans know that someone at the club gives a sh*t. Ralph fails to deliver any of that.

By all accounts it was kreuger that pushed the hardest with the board for pelligrino to extend his stay at the club, possibly down to his "vote of confidence" should he shoulder some of the blame?

What's your overall opinion on him? Think he does a good job? Or not worthy of chairman?

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

If it’s true then yes he does deserve the blame. Pellegrino outstayed his welcome and should have departed in December at the absolute latest. When Ralph came out publicly in support of Pellegrino back in December or whenever it was, it was very frustrating to say the least.

Ralph does not have a footballing background and if he has a voice in footballing matters rather than the marketing / figurehead role that I thought he had, it’s concerning.

Ralph does have an extensive background in coaching (albeit in a completely different sport played on ice with pucks, sticks and skates). Perhaps his faith in Pellegrino was out of some level of misplaced empathy at the plight of the professional sports coach.

No surprise if true as it's a multimillion dollar payout that looks bad from his finance portfolio. Ultimately he shouldn't be having any say as it's not his area. A director of football type should be accountable and that's where the blame sits.

This is a great thread.

Seemingly straight bat question based on some inside info no-one would have guessed, but entitled “wreck it ralf” to nudge readers in the right direction.

Half way through we learn it is almost certainly made up nonsense.

Everyone having a pop at Chairman Ralf, despite his great uplifting soccer-speak and fantastic overseas wheeler dealer stuff.

This would never happen in Canada.

I'm guessing the OP has literally no idea how Kreuger affects the team and which positives or negatives he can take responsibility for. But this is life, people like a knee jerk reaction and to have one simple factor to blame, because they can't manage the "It's a bit more complicated than that" reality. This is how we get things like EDL and Brexit, people like a simple target for their frustration.

No surprise if true as it's a multimillion dollar payout that looks bad from his finance portfolio. Ultimately he shouldn't be having any say as it's not his area. A director of football type should be accountable and that's where the blame sits.

This is where you are spot on - On field matters do not sit with Ralph, they sit with Les.

Ralph has actually done a pretty decent job (greater exposure abroad, big commercial deal, maintaining a profit etc...). His only fault is putting too much trust in Les Reed. He could also do with someone above him applying pressure so they are both responsible for their actions.

In the current structure, if I had to pick 1 to go, it'd be Les.

This is where you are spot on - On field matters do not sit with Ralph, they sit with Les.

Ralph has actually done a pretty decent job (greater exposure abroad, big commercial deal, maintaining a profit etc...). His only fault is putting too much trust in Les Reed. He could also do with someone above him applying pressure so they are both responsible for their actions.

In the current structure, if I had to pick 1 to go, it'd be Les.

Ralph really hasn't done a pretty decent entertaining job. As it says in the Echo today commercial revenue remains disappointingly low. That has come from an interview with our MD. So the Club are disappointed with the results. I don't know why anyone is surprised that a hockey coach has come motivational speaker has not delivered a significant increase in commercial revenue. Perhaps if the club employed someone in this role with suitable experience things would be better. Ralph is poor at his job, just like Les, and should be replaced. I don't blame him as such, being given a job that he is not well qualified for is down to the inexperienced person who appointed him.

Don't give a f*ck about either under armour or some stupid satellite academies abroad. It's all this stuff and taking our eyes off what actually matters that has got us into this mess.

In relation to the academies in the US, I wonder what is the purpose and whether it is worth the money? Saints sponsor an academy here in the Iron City but the teams play at such a low level that there is little chance of finding any talent to benefit the parent club. Maybe that is not the purpose and the aim is to give the club exposure and sell a few more shirts. But if that is the case they are going about things in the wrong way. The Saints academy here has named all its teams "Hotspurs" so all the players and parents buy Tottenham shirts and support them. Most of them have never heard of Saints. Utterly ridiculous and if that is an indication how things are being run then it is not surprising commercial revenue is still so low.

I'm guessing the OP has literally no idea how Kreuger affects the team and which positives or negatives he can take responsibility for. But this is life, people like a knee jerk reaction and to have one simple factor to blame, because they can't manage the "It's a bit more complicated than that" reality. This is how we get things like EDL and Brexit, people like a simple target for their frustration.

Nutshell. Although I did vote to leave.

In relation to the academies in the US, I wonder what is the purpose and whether it is worth the money? Saints sponsor an academy here in the Iron City but the teams play at such a low level that there is little chance of finding any talent to benefit the parent club. Maybe that is not the purpose and the aim is to give the club exposure and sell a few more shirts. But if that is the case they are going about things in the wrong way. The Saints academy here has named all its teams "Hotspurs" so all the players and parents buy Tottenham shirts and support them. Most of them have never heard of Saints. Utterly ridiculous and if that is an indication how things are being run then it is not surprising commercial revenue is still so low.

That is classic. Invest in local teams to gain exposure. Give exposure to rival club in the same league. Genius. :lol:

Are we as big as his much cited Fudge Bay Packers yet, or has Walph decided we are in fact a cockamamee two bit no good non-enterprise?

Next year's PowerPoint at Davos on the Carillion stage will either be 'In the mouth of the Dragon: My Quest against the Triads' or 'Success from the Jaws of Mediocrity: How a Small Club Defied the Odds (due to me)' - the utter bellend!

What does his nationality have to do with whether he has a clue about football?

You don’t have to know anything about football to know that Pellegrino was not sustainable...

I would say Cortese learnt very fast too though Kruger doesn’t seem to have a savvy capability.

You don’t have to know anything about football to know that Pellegrino was not sustainable...

I would say Cortese learnt very fast too though Kruger doesn’t seem to have a savvy capability.

And what does any of that have to do with his nationality?

Lgtl stayed that he is Canadian. I don’t see why that is relevant.