Russian nerve agent attack

whelk

Because the point wasn't to kill him, it was deter others from pulling the double agent stuff.

Not much of a deterrent though is it: "double cross us and we'll f/CK you up a bit, but not enough to kill you".

I know - but the mindset / personality interests me - how you can take something totally implausible and practicably impossible and make it your preferred view of the world. Why does someone who has no knowledge of the Pentagon 9/11 crash other than what they have read on conspiracy sites feel so righteous that he can accuse three charity workers who witnessed it as being deep state agents. Its bizarre and troubling.

The problem is that with something as bizarre as a nerve agent attack on a Russian spy in Salisbury is so open to speculation that inevitably, people are going to speculate, and not just conspiracy theorists. I wouldn't consider myself a conspiracy theorist, and I've wondered about different scenarios; for example, is it particularly unlikely that the Porton Down lot had something they'd quite like to test on a live target, at the same time the security agencies had a double agent who'd outlived his usefulness? Novichok sounds a bit Russian and Putin's a ruthless megalomaniac, shouldn't be too hard to sell that to the great unwashed.... You can almost hear the Eton vowels mulling it over in the club in Mayfair. Add into the equation the Bush/Blair WMD dossier and it's no wonder people are sceptical about a government line trotted out as hard fact.

I suspect that the next generation will find out what happened in due course under the thirty year rule, by which time nobody will much care anyway and it'll make a terrific thriller (probably starring Bruce F*cking Willis :D)

Not much of a detterant? Not sure about you but if I were thinking about it it would put me right off.

It's not the nicest prospect granted, but "we'll kill you and your nearest and dearest" is a stronger message than your theory imo. Odd business in any event.

It's not the nicest prospect granted, but "we'll kill you and your nearest and dearest" is a stronger message than your theory imo. Odd business in any event.
I think it's more "we can reach you from anywhere. If you betray us then you will never be safe." seens pretty strong to me and no doubt will make potential double agents strongly consider not going ahead. Or maybe they did mean to kill them and didn't do a good job. Either way the fact that most sane people realise it has Russian fingerprints all over it means that their message got out which was surely the whole point.

I cant believe people are doubting the Russian connection,but of course they are feeding doubt into the internet all the time.

I think you will find that the evidence was so damning that the free world united and pointed the finger at Russia.

The Russians are the best chess players in the world and are 5 moves ahead of us as they play out their games.

I think the message is particularly strong. By using Chemical weapons in the backyard of the UK's Chemical weapons HQ they are basically say we can get you anywhere using the worst of weapons, we don't give a sh!t who knows and there is nothing you can do about it.

I'm generally pretty sceptical but some posters on here seem to think there is no such thing as a conspiracy and there has never been any in human history.

No, fanboy, there are plenty of conspiracies. Just not the ones that pre-conclude with the coordinated hivemind of 'MSM', 'deep state' and rich Jews.

But I can see why, as a Cobynista, you don't understand that.

I'm generally pretty sceptical but some posters on here seem to think there is no such thing as a conspiracy and there has never been any in human history.
Sadly you believe that our government would lay nerve agents in one of own cities. I think it was you who said there are trillions of £ in offshore accounts and think we could get at it. lol

No, fanboy, there are plenty of conspiracies. Just not the ones that pre-conclude with the coordinated hivemind of 'MSM', 'deep state' and rich Jews.

But I can see why, as a Cobynista, you don't understand that.

You are deeply paranoid about antisemitism. Get help before your wife leaves you.

You are deeply paranoid about antisemitism. Get help before your wife leaves you.

I can only imagine the seething rage you must feel if you need to get that absurdly personal.

My 'paranoia' about anti-Semitism is no doubt fed by the daily diet of anti-Semitic rants emerging from your Corbynista and other Labour bedfellows.

Like this one, picked up today, from a Labour councillor called Damien Enticott. He's commenting approvingly on a viciously Jew-hating meme about the 'Jewish ritual' of drinking blood and sucking babies' co cks.

Fortunately for you, he qualifies this sickening bullsh it: "This is done only by Talmud Jews. Talmud Jews are parasites! They also believe any child over the 3 years old that isn't a Jew should be treated like a parasite, they believe it is on to even rape that child because it is worthless. To treat a non-Jew decently means that you are as bad as them. All Talmuds need executing!"

https://twitter.com/adamlangleben/status/1022795563539095552

Of course, when uproar followed, he denied it all and claimed his account was hacked - but then said this to the Huffington Post:

Commenting about “Talmud Jews”, he added: “I share views against some of the stuff that they do, but it’s not something I would express on things like that and it’s not the way that I would express it either.”

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/damien-enticott-labour-facebook-post_uk_5b5b0bfee4b0fd5c73ce9c31

So you tell me. Is this my 'paranoia' - in which case I'll assume you are at least an apologist for this hateful garbage? Or is it something the Labour party should really do something about?

Or do you, like Billy Bragg, think it should be the other way around - that Jews 'have work to do' to regain the trust of Saint Jeremy Corbyn?

https://twitter.com/NickCohen4/status/1022381509402157061

I can only imagine the seething rage you must feel if you need to get that absurdly personal.

My 'paranoia' about anti-Semitism is no doubt fed by the daily diet of anti-Semitic rants emerging from your Corbynista and other Labour bedfellows.

Like this one, picked up today, from a Labour councillor called Damien Enticott. He's commenting approvingly on a viciously Jew-hating meme about the 'Jewish ritual' of drinking blood and sucking babies' co cks.

Fortunately for you, he qualifies this sickening bullsh it: "This is done only by Talmud Jews. Talmud Jews are parasites! They also believe any child over the 3 years old that isn't a Jew should be treated like a parasite, they believe it is on to even rape that child because it is worthless. To treat a non-Jew decently means that you are as bad as them. All Talmuds need executing!"

https://twitter.com/adamlangleben/status/1022795563539095552

Of course, when uproar followed, he denied it all and claimed his account was hacked - but then said this to the Huffington Post:

Commenting about “Talmud Jews”, he added: “I share views against some of the stuff that they do, but it’s not something I would express on things like that and it’s not the way that I would express it either.”

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/damien-enticott-labour-facebook-post_uk_5b5b0bfee4b0fd5c73ce9c31

So you tell me. Is this my 'paranoia' - in which case I'll assume you are at least an apologist for this hateful garbage? Or is it something the Labour party should really do something about?

Or do you, like Billy Bragg, think it should be the other way around - that Jews 'have work to do' to regain the trust of Saint Jeremy Corbyn?

https://twitter.com/NickCohen4/status/1022381509402157061

Hmmm not sure this has anything to do with potential conspiracy to poison people. If your asking me if sucking the blood from a circumcised baby's knob is minging, then yes it is.

• 1 month later...
A defence tech company that has very close ties to the DSTL at Porton Down, which just happens to be the only facility in the country that has samples of or the capability to manufacture novichok.

Some were highlighting the close proximity of the original incident to Porton Down as being suspicious. Taken in isolation, yes it is not out of the question to put that down to pure coincidence. But now it turns out that the former partner of one of the victims works for a company that operates there?

But no, it must have been those pesky Russians.

A friend of a friend knows someone who works in Porton Down, and the word is the Russians are more piddled off by the fact that we knew it was Novichok so quickly if at all, they thought it was still their secret.

A friend of a friend knows someone who works in Porton Down, and the word is the Russians are more piddled off by the fact that we knew it was Novichok so quickly if at all, they thought it was still their secret.

The fact that one of their former chemical weapons experts defected and published a book that described it in detail in 2008 would appear to contradict that idea.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/State-Secrets-Insiders-Chronicle-Chemical/dp/1432725661

If these two clowns it is being pinned on are indeed from the GRU, then they are so comically incompetent that they have probably already been executed. They flew direct from Moscow on Russian passports, got themselves caught on just about every CCTV camera they possibly could, managed to leave traces of their murder weapon everywhere they went, and failed to kill their target. Top work fellas!

The fact that one of their former chemical weapons experts defected and published a book that described it in detail in 2008 would appear to contradict that idea.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/State-Secrets-Insiders-Chronicle-Chemical/dp/1432725661

If these two clowns it is being pinned on are indeed from the GRU, then they are so comically incompetent that they have probably already been executed. They flew direct from Moscow on Russian passports, got themselves caught on just about every CCTV camera they possibly could, managed to leave traces of their murder weapon everywhere they went, and failed to kill their target. Top work fellas!

That's what occurred to me, its like a Mr Bean operation. Why put the cannister in a charity bin!!

Bexy is holding firm. Fair play to you fella

I'm just pointing out how laughably inept the suspects are. They were practically smiling for the CCTV cameras FFS.

May said in her speech to the commons that the GRU is a "highly disciplined organisation". In which case, the only real explanation for these guys making such a catastrophic balls-up of the operation is that it was deliberate, and they wanted to get caught.

Russia don't give 2 flying ****s, and this is why its so brazen.

I don't think there is any doubt about this after reading the two guy's reasons for being in Salisbury. What a joke.

Putin doesn't give a flying ****, he knows he can take out whoever he wants in this country and there's not a thing we can do about it.

Their explanation fits nicely with their initial visit - laughable.

If guilty they must be the world's worst hitmen - it's like the final outing for the Chuckle Brothers.

And I've seen nothing that under normal circumstances would get them convicted in the UK.

No evidence to put them at the door, no physical or dna evidence, no link to the unfortunate who picked up the bottle, just lots of images of two thickos windowshopping.

If they are guilty, we can't prove it.

But it doesn't half distract an easily-led media away from a government in crisis.

If guilty they must be the world's worst hitmen - it's like the final outing for the Chuckle Brothers.

And I've seen nothing that under normal circumstances would get them convicted in the UK.

No evidence to put them at the door, no physical or dna evidence, no link to the unfortunate who picked up the bottle, just lots of images of two thickos windowshopping.

But it doesn't half distract an easily-led media away from a government in crisis.

Rallyboy, you have a great sense of humour, are you really following the line that our own people would use a nerve agent in one of our own cities??

It is madness if so. I now live in the Salisbury area and experience what has happened to the City Therefore I feel pretty annoyed when I see such garbage.

You don’t get it do you, Russia don’t give a **** about anyone as no one will challenge them, they are mentally unhinged. [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What ludicrous tosh.

If you actually believe this then you really are gullibly receptive to the manipulative crap from the Putin troll factories. Most people can see through this 'why can't we see them daub the front door' nonsense quite easily.

"Right Alexander, we have 2 days in the UK so what shall we do?" "How about visiting Salisbury twice?" Said no one, ever.

Also there was hardly any snow on 4th, well certainly in comparison to Russia anyway. also you can’t see stone henge from Wilton road. Bellends.

I feel sorry that the poor lads didn’t get to see as much of the local area as they wanted to due to the poor weather, would be great PR for the local tourist board to invite them back at no expense and offer them a VIP tour. I’m sure they’d be up for coming back as they seem quite taken by what Salisbury has to offer.

Poisoning of Kremlin critics is almost routine within Russia. Im not sure why anybody finds it so hard to believe they do it overseas as well

The Putin Regime Is Poisoning Itself

https://www.bloomberg.com/view/articles/2018-09-13/pussy-riot-activist-s-suspected-poisoning-damages-russia

Edited by buctootim

I just said we haven't yet seen enough evidence to convict them - a simple statement of fact that anyone with a basic knowledge of the CPS would agree with.

Having a chaotic and odd holiday or threatening to walk to Stonehenge isn't an actual offence, it just seems quite unlikely.

As for people thinking that these two are the best operatives that the Russian State can offer, good luck with that! :lol:

The clever bit will be if we do actually have something to place them at the scene but we're saving it for the slim hope of extradition.

And at least one of you needs to calm down and read the frigging posts rather than going all kneejerk like a gammony frothing-at-the-mouth Daily Mail reader.

Look at the facts that are out there, and tell me how we can convict on that alone.

I just said we haven't yet seen enough evidence to convict them - a simple statement of fact that anyone with a basic knowledge of the CPS would agree with.

Having a chaotic and odd holiday or threatening to walk to Stonehenge isn't an actual offence, it just seems quite unlikely.

As for people thinking that these two are the best operatives that the Russian State can offer, good luck with that! :lol:

The clever bit will be if we do actually have something to place them at the scene but we're saving it for the slim hope of extradition.

And at least one of you needs to calm down and read the frigging posts rather than going all kneejerk like a gammony frothing-at-the-mouth Daily Mail reader.

Look at the facts that are out there, and tell me how we can convict on that alone.

I would suggest our intelligence services have seen rather more evidence, which they can't make public without compromising their sources.

I would suggest our intelligence services have seen rather more evidence, which they can't make public without compromising their sources.

Or they are just waiting for the Russians response before releasing further evidence. For example if they did bring the perfume bottlle into the country then it would probably be on the airport X-rays which would contradict their statement. Either way they are looking pretty guilty.

Rallyboy is correct though about the evidence.

yes, every important country in the west is beating the same drum on the whim of Wiltshire police and the say so of the MayBot. Along with what ever the BBC report

One thing that is odd though is how the perfume bottle was found in a bin 4 months after the original poisoning.

It may have been found in the bins, the bloke who found it wasn’t the best witness as druggy and alcoholic. Could’ve been anywhere in that area tbh. Clearly this is Russia, just wacko conspiracy theorists that can’t ever believe any major terrorist event is actually what it is, and wishes for that false flag. Utter mess.

One thing that is odd though is how the perfume bottle was found in a bin 4 months after the original poisoning.

The perfume bottle has been proved to be false as these were straight guys who read pamphlets on why they like to do it with women

Yes you are correct that the evidence does not fit a guilty verdict in court, but you also made the assertion that it was all a smokescreen to take the focus away from the government. Therefore giving the impression that our own people have put nerve agent in our own city. Also at the same time giving credence to the fact that these 2 visited England to visit the cathedral,and then decide to walk past to Shell petrol station instead. If anyone is any good at photoshopping they could do the TripAdvisor thing with a picture of the shell garage and parody a visit to that.

It may have been found in the bins, the bloke who found it wasn’t the best witness as druggy and alcoholic. Could’ve been anywhere in that area tbh. Clearly this is Russia, just wacko conspiracy theorists that can’t ever believe any major terrorist event is actually what it is, and wishes for that false flag. Utter mess.

Clearly it is those Russian guys but it doesn't make finding a perfume bottle in a bin (I think the guy was clear on that fact, just couldn't remember which one) 4 months later is a bit odd. Especially considering the amount of cops, spooks and army going over Salisbury in the months after the attack.

I'm not a seasoned bin dipper but I would imagine that finding a packaged bottle of perfume is a bit of a one-off and likely to stick in your mind a bit - even for someone with a drug habit.

Clearly it is those Russian guys but it doesn't make finding a perfume bottle in a bin (I think the guy was clear on that fact, just couldn't remember which one) 4 months later is a bit odd. Especially considering the amount of cops, spooks and army going over Salisbury in the months after the attack.

I'm not a seasoned bin dipper but I would imagine that finding a packaged bottle of perfume is a bit of a one-off and likely to stick in your mind a bit - even for someone with a drug habit.

The problem is that the person probably didn't like it to be known he thieved from Charity bins, also if I remember correctly he had kept it for some time as he was going to give it to her as a birthday present. That could be the reason for the time.

I haven't read all about this bottle, but if it was unopened there must have been 2 bottles. Hence Elizabeth gardens being closed for a long period of time