Russian nerve agent attack

whelk

The problem is that the person probably didn't like it to be known he thieved from Charity bins, also if I remember correctly he had kept it for some time as he was going to give it to her as a birthday present. That could be the reason for the time.

I haven't read all about this bottle, but if it was unopened there must have been 2 bottles. Hence Elizabeth gardens being closed for a long period of time

I thought he said he found it a couple of days before giving it to her but only the plod have the facts so it's probably not as odd as it appears.

From what we know it could easily have been dumped by another Russian agent still over here and Dumb and Dumber we just sent over with the bottle or as cover.

Their explanation fits nicely with their initial visit - laughable.

If guilty they must be the world's worst hitmen - it's like the final outing for the Chuckle Brothers.

And I've seen nothing that under normal circumstances would get them convicted in the UK.

No evidence to put them at the door, no physical or dna evidence, no link to the unfortunate who picked up the bottle, just lots of images of two thickos windowshopping.

If they are guilty, we can't prove it.

But it doesn't half distract an easily-led media away from a government in crisis.

You should loosen that tin foil hat pal - you’re cutting off the circulation to your brain.

The irony of a bloke called Shurlock dismissing the idea of a proper investigation! :lol:

Do tell me what evidence we have in the public domain today, that you would put before the CPS?

Not the mad ramblings of a couple of dodgy Russians, not the wild claims by tabloids, just map out the solid evidence we have that would help us convict these guys...

The irony of a bloke called Shurlock dismissing the idea of a proper investigation! :lol:

Do tell me what evidence we have in the public domain today, that you would put before the CPS?

Not the mad ramblings of a couple of dodgy Russians, not the wild claims by tabloids, just map out the solid evidence we have that would help us convict these guys...

No you wouldn't, but im fairly sure that the relevant authorities have more evidence than you'll ever know about. Tin Foil hat off lad.

I posted some CCTV footage on here but the powers that be decided to pull it down :suspicious:

No you wouldn't, but im fairly sure that the relevant authorities have more evidence than you'll ever know about. Tin Foil hat off lad.

The Russians couldn’t give a shiny ****e whether the world think they’re guilty or not. If they wanted no evidence left or any sort of credible deniability, they’d have done it differently. The whole point of the exercise was to send a message to their “diplomats” and the West, if you’re a Ruski thinking of switching sides, you may think twice. Some intelligence expert reckons that they did it because they were worried over our side making ground on turning some of their agents.

It makes me laugh all this chuckle brothers/dumb and dumber press coverage. Those 2 “decent boys” were perfectly capable of a professional hit, the only thing thing mattered was getting out of the country ASAP, they achieved that perfectly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm not sure what your point is. No criminal proceedings progress by the prosecution putting all its evidence into the public domain.

You do know that putting evidence into the public domain severely diminishes the ability to prosecute, don't you?

We should put out an interview with the London hotel owner saying how they shared a double room with one bed and found lots of evidence of bottom sex

Closet gays involved in the dodgy end of the bodybuilding supplements trade according to the ever priceless Craig Murray :lol:

Edited by shurlock

The irony of a bloke called Shurlock dismissing the idea of a proper investigation! [emoji38]

Would you consider it particularly likely that the international community and our public statements on the issue would all be based on a little bit of cctv and a couple of interviews? You're clearly a very intelligent bloke, you know that we will have a load of evidence that would make us certain that these guys are the guilty ones and there's very good reasons why we haven't made that evidence public. You're right that there isn't enough in the public domain to secure a conviction but I'm not sure what you're trying to say with that point.

I'm just pointing out that there are many people who have no idea what evidence there may or may not be, but they jumped the gun on day one and decided exactly what had occurred.

They have since then followed wherever The Daily Mail and The Sun have pointed them without asking any questions about the validity of the scenario being spun.

We are now being asked to believe that two clueless clowns who can't even organise a day trip, are top professional hitmen sent by Putin.

They came in under their own names, blundered around the shops locating every CCTV camera in Wiltshire, they failed to kill the target, they handled and dumped weapons grade nerve agent in a park, without harming themselves - now they have appeared on TV offering a ridiculous explanation based mainly around the height of the cathedral, and their main ambition to walk to Stonehenge, was scuppered by a dash of snow and the lack of a street map.

And you think I'm nuts for suggesting that they don't sound like top spies?...

They sound like a pair of cheap backstreet hitmen brought in by an annoyed former business partner - but if you believe they are the Kremlin's finest, go with it and we shall in time see what evidence there is to link to Putin.

I'm just pointing out that there are many people who have no idea what evidence there may or may not be, but they jumped the gun on day one and decided exactly what had occurred.

They have since then followed wherever The Daily Mail and The Sun have pointed them without asking any questions about the validity of the scenario being spun.

We are now being asked to believe that two clueless clowns who can't even organise a day trip, are top professional hitmen sent by Putin.

They came in under their own names, blundered around the shops locating every CCTV camera in Wiltshire, they failed to kill the target, they handled and dumped weapons grade nerve agent in a park, without harming themselves - now they have appeared on TV offering a ridiculous explanation based mainly around the height of the cathedral, and their main ambition to walk to Stonehenge, was scuppered by a dash of snow and the lack of a street map.

They sound like a pair of cheap backstreet hitmen brought in by an annoyed former business partner - but if you believe they are the Kremlin's finest, go with it and we shall in time see what evidence there is to link to Putin.

Why can't they organise a day trip? They did a reccy on Saturday, did the deed on Sunday and went straight back to Russia. They got in and out months before we even knew it could have been them?

What if the Kremlin WANTS it to be obvious they did it, as a threat to other Russian spies around the world? What an easy way to do it. Russia has been brazenly annexing countries, flying bombers and fighters into no-fly zones and defending the use of chemical weapons by Assad. Why would they give a flying **** about this?

They had sequential numbered passports. Still always going to be some who fall for it. Nothing to do with Putin

They had sequential numbered passports. Still always going to be some who fall for it. Nothing to do with Putin

https://www.bellingcat.com/news/uk-and-europe/2018/09/14/skripal-poisoning-suspects-passport-data-shows-link-security-services/

Not quite sequential. There were two other passports issued in between, which also look highly suspicious.

Is this a breakthrough moment that you are actually believing the government on this one?

Yes, I'm satisfied that the Russians are talking a load of utter b*llocks - the acting skills of the two suspects in that interview would appear to be consistent with their abilities as hitmen, and there can be no doubt that they were acting under the direction of a higher power in Russia, otherwise they would have thrown them under the bus already rather than concoct such a ridiculous cover story.

I said all along that I accepted it probably was the Russians, and all I ever wanted was some convincing evidence. When the story first broke there were a lot of holes in it, and when the most untrustworthy government in living memory comes out with the line "we know it was the Russians because, well.. they are bad and it must have been them, so there" it was less than persuasive, especially when Johnson was shown to have told an untruth about it in that TV interview.

Like I said before, the trail leading to Russian involvement was so obvious that you couldn't rule out the possibility it was another party wanting it to look like it was them without more concrete evidence. I fully acknowledge that governments can't release all their evidence for fear of compromising intelligence sources, but they weren't even claiming that to start with. Their whole line of reasoning was based on the notion that only Russia could possibly have manufactured the Novichok, which was quite easily disproven. Stands to reason this would lead to speculation about who was responsible.

But yeah, it's pretty obvious now that Putin just didn't care if we knew it was them or not. He clearly sent a couple of inept, expendable agents to do the job and was quite happy for them to leave such an obvious trail behind them.

The Russians couldn’t give a shiny ****e whether the world think they’re guilty or not. If they wanted no evidence left or any sort of credible deniability, they’d have done it differently. The whole point of the exercise was to send a message to their “diplomats” and the West, if you’re a Ruski thinking of switching sides, you may think twice. Some intelligence expert reckons that they did it because they were worried over our side making ground on turning some of their agents.

It makes me laugh all this chuckle brothers/dumb and dumber press coverage. Those 2 “decent boys” were perfectly capable of a professional hit, the only thing thing mattered was getting out of the country ASAP, they achieved that perfectly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yeah this - the whole point of the exercise was to send a warning - as obviously and publicly as possible. Including to people who might be thinking of testifying to Mueller, for example.

So you are saying it was an annoyed business partner who sent these 2, or our own security people?? This Novichok must be easy to get hold of.

• 2 weeks later...

what a coincidence!!!!!

Of course, no proof what so ever it was anything to do with Russia

More than likely, the security services have known it was him (and who ever his opposite number was) all along. Just allowing it all to play out in public whilst they do what they do behind the scenes

Edited by Batman

what a coincidence!!!!!

More than likely, the security services have known it was him (and who ever his opposite number was) all along. Just allowing it all to play out in public whilst they do what they do behind the scenes

So will the utter tw ats on here but especially elsewhere admit that they were wrong? And that they were among the few stupid enough to fall for yet another of the Putin regime's relentless disinformation campaigns?

I'm guessing no.

I'm also guessing that their utter fu ckwittery means they'll be doubling down on their mindless repetitions of the garbage from Russian troll factories. And that they'll be slamming the BBC and the 'MSM' for being the real culprits.

Incidentally, if you want to see an absolutely stellar piece of BBC investigative journalism, with a real impact,watch this - one of the most gut-wrenchingly awful incidents, covered up by a regime but then brilliantly exposed.

https://twitter.com/BBCAfrica/status/1044186344153583616

what a coincidence!!!!!

No, no. Boris lied! There was PROOF!

Open your mind FFS.

I wonder as there is a contridiction that those 2 were not military, perhaps they could be extridited to say Switzerland or another to be questioned once and for all. That would nulify the Wests position but I suspect they wont be as the information is correct that has been placed in front of the world

I wonder as there is a contridiction that those 2 were not military, perhaps they could be extridited to say Switzerland or another to be questioned once and for all. That would nulify the Wests position but I suspect they wont be as the information is correct that has been placed in front of the world

Russian's can't be extradited.

Still, he could be a member of the Russian secret service, come to the U.K. for 48 hours on a false passport, grew a nice beard to aid his disguise.....: all for the love of Salisbury Cathedral and its magnificent spire

People do the strangest things

All 123m of it. Only an enthusiast would know

I see the 2nd suspect has been identified as working for Russian Military Intelligence as a Doctor.

So, 2 Russian spies, one who is a doctor, just happened to be in Sailsbury for 48 hours to admire its church spire.

Crisis actors I say

This should be framed by Banksy. Looking better with every passing day.

• 1 month later...