Who would you like to see sold/replaced in the summer?

ChiefScummer

Long - As much as I admire the graft he puts in, the goals are just not there.

Redmond - Showed a lot of promise but has dramatically dipped in his performances and doesn't show any signs of improving and taking us forward.

I'm choosing 2 to keep it simple. I know a lot of you will disagree but that's the beauty of being a fan, so lets discuss it. Who would you like to see sold/replaced in the summer?

If we go down, which I still think we are destined to do though I very much hope Hughes can work some kind of miracle, the players we want to ship out in the summer will become the ones we are left with after the better talent has been snapped up.

If we stay up somehow, we need pretty major surgery. Certainly we would need a new spine of the team - GK, CB, AM, STR, and then look at upgrading the players we have. Whether we keep Bertrand and Lemina would be another situation that could arise, meaning they too would need to be replaced.

Long - As much as I admire the graft he puts in, the goals are just not there.

Redmond - Showed a lot of promise but has dramatically dipped in his performances and doesn't show any signs of improving and taking us forward.

I'm choosing 2 to keep it simple. I know a lot of you will disagree but that's the beauty of being a fan, so lets discuss it. Who would you like to see sold/replaced in the summer?

Les Reed

gabbiadini has 4 goals in his last 37 games.... He can leave

Agree with batman though we should sell vvd again and this time not to Liverpool

Haha

We've sold so much there's not many I'd miss at all if they were sold this summer. Lemina would be a bit of a shame but otherwise they can all jog on.

Can’t beat Saintsweb madness

You’ve got the usual suspects listing half the squad who should be sold, and then they’ll be whinging in a ‘transfer meltdown’ thread once the selling starts kicking in. ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

People highlighting Prowse and Redmond .

The Redmond hate absolutely baffles me, he hasn’t had a good season, but had a very good season last year that appears to have gone entirely unnoticed. He clearly has the capability to hit form again. In contrast most look favourably on Boufal, who aside from random screamers has shown absolutely nothing, other than being a b rate reincarnation of Fabrice Fernandes. He offers very little to the team.

Also Ward-Prowse out? What planet are people living on?

For me; Forster (although I think we are now stuck with him in true Forecast fashion, no one else will be willing to pay him what we are for what he brings), Hoedt (extremely underwhelming and genuinely a worse defender than both Stephens and Yoshida), Cedric (had an extremely poor season, yet goes to the media to express his desire to move on for continental football), Clasie, Tadic, Boufal, Davis, Long. I want to say Carillo but I guess he deserves a bit more time before being completely written off.

If Stoke go down and we survive, we should go in for Butland. If Bertrand leaves Targett and McQueen deserve to fight it out for first team LB.

Overall essentials; GK, RB, CB.

Positions that are important but have potential in squad replacements; Centre Mid (Reed), Winger (Sims), Forward (Gallagher).

Targett and McQueen can both make it as fb's but I am also wondering whether McQueen who began as a striker could be a midfield player. God forbid it happens but if relegated then they might well be ready to play for us. Neither has let us down when they have played this season. Our biggest problem has been our non performing absent midfield.

Long, Carillo, Gabbiadini, Boufal, Tadic, to go.

If we let Forster go [unlikely] because of his costs and loss of form, we might do well to hunt from Championship or lower for a young keeper. Wigan's maybe.

Carillo was the clown's choice and now the clown has gone, no point in keeping him--but didn't he get a five year contract? If so, we're stuck with him. As for JWP someone says sell him--i say build the new squad round him

Not even worth speculating on at the moment. Will depend on two unknowns:

what league we're in

who the manager is.

It wouldn't surprise though if Les already has agreements for Bertrand and Cedric to leave having stayed on this season.

Not even sure Stephens is good enough to play CB in the championship if I’m honest, terrible defender.

No, I don't think he is. Would still give free headers away and not mark.

He's a League One defender or maybe a Champ defensive midfielder.

You don't need a better keeper than McCarthy to get promoted. I wouldn't be worried about him. Stephens fine if gets a good partner, which to be fair, Yoshi would be at that level. Bednarek needs a chance as back up at that level.

Won't be a better finisher than Austin down there. Sims needs to start games now, he's a great talent and perfect bright spot if we must be in that league. It's Long's level, he still has pace and will get more chances down there.

Obvious weak spot in CM, as no chance we'll keep Lemina, Hojbjerg or Romeu. Davis maybe, good experience, Reed, hows he done at Norwich? Clasie?! That'd be the main signing needed for me, a strong CM, then another wide player.

Still too lightweight, even at that level.

He needs a good partner, he's had some decent games. Think people overestimate the quality down there, seen a lot of games this season and there's some really limited players doing well. They aren't all 6'4 and winning every header.

Main thing by miles is keeping Austin. There'd be no chance but for his injury record. Would be a gamble for a club to sign him with that so hopefully we can keep him.

not just the quality to concern ourselves with, but organisation and team spirit. Two areas we lack this season,

Pretty much all of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We'll have to sell them all, because we'll be bankrupted by their overweigh wages and they won't be a*sed tp play in the Championship.

I'd keep Sims though.

Shifting around a bit, personally, IMO, IMO, IMO and just for batman, I am not saying anything other than we might have an ok team for the championship, I think this is feasible if we showed a tiny bit of ambition in keeping players.

McCarthy

Valery Bednarek Yoshida Targett

Sims Stephens Reed Redmond

Austin Long

Mid-table at absolute best. That midfield would get bullied off the pitch.

I never really want to see Tadic ever play for Saints again

I hope never to see Redmond play in a Saints strip again and although Long works hard I couldn't stand watching him constantly fail to score straight forward opportunities for another season . Les hasn't been seen or heard of for months so it seems he might have done a runner