Official attendance figures !

simo

Article in the sun mainly having a dig at city but also says our figures are 17% lower than actually announced by the club !

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/5858319/manchester-city-average-attendance-etihad-stadium-premier-league-southampton-watford-arsenal/

Maybe fans really are starting to get ****ed off with the ridiculous pricing and TV schedule!?

Official attendance figures at all clubs nowadays are simply the number of tickets sold for the game. Many season ticket holders choose not to attend some games, especially when a team is playing badly and losing regularly, which is why we are getting more non-attending season ticket holders this season. You also get a number of non-attenders due to unforeseen circumstances such as illness.

Maybe the figures included ST holders who could not attend.

Then it isn't attendance figures but tickets sold, Plus one of city's games was over 15k difference surely not that many st holders wouldn't turn up ?

I think the club's are just doing it to save face and it's not like we matter any more gate receipts are peanuts compared to TV money !

Even at non league level the official attendance is higher than the actual theses days , I am told that they now include ST hoiders in the official figures which would explain why they seem higher than actual numbers at the game.

In the past some teams declared a figure that was way higher , it was suggested that is was a way of explaining the amount of money going through the books ......

Then it isn't attendance figures but tickets sold, Plus one of city's games was over 15k difference surely not that many st holders wouldn't turn up ?

I think the club's are just doing it to save face and it's not like we matter any more gate receipts are peanuts compared to TV money !

Lots of the early home games this season were claimed to be sell outs iirc but the stadium never looked close to full. I seem to remember Nordic Saint saying it was proof of our awesome fan base and that a stadium expansion should be on the cards.

I'm a season ticket holder and been to less games this season than any previous year due to the constant rearranging of games. I live and work in central London making mid-week games is always an issue whether I can get away in time and get there for kick off. We have only had 5 home games so far in 2018 and I have only been able to get to one of them.

The quality of football doesn't help matter. Obviously we all know of the poor Saints performances but I think that goes across the board in this league. The first few weeks of the season the football was dreadful no matter who was playing and I stopped watching Sky and BT for a couple of week. Then City start to play top quality stuff out performing everyone. But there hasn't been that much quality throughout this season. There is no difference between the sides in the bottom dozen or so teams.

Clubs are having to paid 10s of millions for average players who then seam to think they are world glass because they are being past around for extortionate fees and salaries. Most of these players would have struggled to be worth a couple of million a couple of years ago. Look at West Ham they have well reported problems then when there is an international break, are they call in for extra training...no...they are swanning around on Miami Beach. The clubs are powerless to stop this kind of thing as the players will just leave if the are not spoilt in this way.

I'm sure we could all write an essay on what is wrong with modern football. The trouble is, for example, I loved it in the lower leagues and going to clubs that I'd not been to before and having good banter with clubs and many away days were fun. But the trouble is I still want us to be playing the best and that unfortunately means the Premier League (well some of it).

As Adrian Lord says above 'The Premier League bubble is bursting in slow motion'. I agree. But having said that they don't care to much about bums on seats as long as they can sell the football rights to us here and more importantly (to the premier league and Sky) the mass markets of the far east, middle east and USA (ie Utd and scousers playing again in the USA this coming summer).

Article in the sun mainly having a dig at city but also says our figures are 17% lower than actually announced by the club !

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/5858319/manchester-city-average-attendance-etihad-stadium-premier-league-southampton-watford-arsenal/

Maybe fans really are starting to get ****ed off with the ridiculous pricing and TV schedule!?

Load of nonsense. That would mean for a claimed 32,000 sell out there would be 5,400 empty seats, which is roughly the capacity of the chapel or Northam. I'm sure there are a few season ticket holders who miss every week but not an entire stand full.

Doubt it but does it matter much anyway, it's only numbers and there is no gain to anybody in publishing deceitful figures. If a ST is sold it is sold, I know several people around me who have missed more games than they have attended this year not just because of bad football; holidays, illnesses, plight of family, travel distance, a myriad of reasons why people can't get there every week or even most weeks.

Well considering the info came from a freedom of information request to the police , someone is lieing and I don't think it's the old bill ! Do you think they count a box being used and include them as their maxim capacity even if there's only a few in there ?

Loads of empty seats at Arsenal today. The way we've been treated with our away game at the Emirates has been disgraceful. Cost me shed loads by the change from the Monday to Sunday, such a late decision because the date on the tickets are the 9th.

Fans are way down the list of priorities.