Saints v West Ham (A) Match Thread

St Chalet

I'll cop some stick from some but our fans need to take some responsibility for this.

Complete and utter delusion if anyone blames the fans. Was it the fans fault to not replace Fonte? Van Dijk? Pelle? To get Redmond as the new Mane? Not replace Wanyama? To stick with our worst ever manager for so long?

Absolutely embarrassing. I'm not following the second half.

A grand coming my way courtesy of Ladbrokes then. Not a bad consolation prize as consolation prizes go but I'd still trade it all for Saints survival...

Just got back in....lol. How f***** bad are we? Totally doomed with s***, could not care less players.

Sims not even on the bench? Millions wasted on sh**e like Carillo and Lemina.

Mass clear out required and play younger players and players who actually care - JWP, Sims, Hesketh, etc.

BUnch of c**s, the lot of them

Hoedt would probably be OK with a decent partner. **** knows why we don't go 3 at the back when we're this poor defensively.

Hoedt is utter garbage. Stephens would be good with a decent partner (i.e Yoshida) next to him. Hoedt was another crap buy

funny, woeful displays like this normally see the thread filled with hundreds of `manager out' posts, yet today it seems to be the players who are at fault.

Said it all season, this side lacks quality throughout and there is only so much a manager can do. That said, Hughes IMO has exposed our substandard centre halves by only playing two in front of them...

Complete and utter delusion if anyone blames the fans. Was it the fans fault to not replace Fonte? Van Dijk? Pelle? To get Redmond as the new Mane? Not replace Wanyama? To stick with our worst ever manager for so long?
It was Reeds fault. So re-read my post; why did the fans blame the managers?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

We left it way too late to get rid of Pellegrino. I wasn't sure Hughes was the right answer, perhaps the only possible answer, but if he was going to save us he needed to figure a few things out and sort them straight away.

He clearly hasn't managed it. Even if he does eventually, it's not good enough. He had to do it from today.

funny, woeful displays like this normally see the thread filled with hundreds of `manager out' posts, yet today it seems to be the players who are at fault.

Said it all season, this side lacks quality throughout and there is only so much a manager can do. That said, Hughes IMO has exposed our substandard centre halves by only playing two in front of them...

Yep pretty much. All this season has shown is Puel did a decent job with the tools he had but our general down ward trend has a lot to do with the decline in the quality of the squad more than anything else.

Whilst I recognise that he is in no way individually culpable for the mess we are in - Redmond really is the most overrated, useless and whiney player I can remember at the club. Weak, negative, bad feet, positionally poor, slow to react. Just really so bad.

Whilst I recognise that he is in no way individually culpable for the mess we are in - Redmond really is the most overrated, useless and whiney player I can remember at the club. Weak, negative, bad feet, positionally poor, slow to react. Just really so bad.

Agree. Sims showed more in 1 and a half games than Redmond did all season.

Hard to believe that we went 4-4-2 today after the first half vs Wigan. Presumably Hughes saw that match like the rest of us did?!

Also, I thought Romeu was left out vs Wigan so he didn't get booked and could play today... I know he hasn't been great this season, but you can at least rely on him getting himself behind the ball and breaking up the play a bit.

However bad we're feeling right now, there is a Chinese gentleman wishing he'd spent £200m on bitcoin rather than this shower of ****e.

I wonder what it feels like losing £100m+ with no easy way of getting it back?

The worrying thing is what he might do next, given the circumstances you've outlined.

Hard to believe that we went 4-4-2 today after the first half vs Wigan. Presumably Hughes saw that match like the rest of us did?!

Also, I thought Romeu was left out vs Wigan so he didn't get booked and could play today... I know he hasn't been great this season, but you can at least rely on him getting himself behind the ball and breaking up the play a bit.

Romeu gets in my team every time