Saints v West Ham (A) Match Thread

St Chalet

No, not selling him in the Summer and replacing him was the problem.

But we got one over on Liverpool by hanging onto him for 6 months.

6 months in which he played for us what 10 times ? We are just stupid when it comes to keeping stuum when you should and not talking yourself into a corner. Krueger and Reed need to go.

Is anyone watching/streaming this live? Are the players really that bad? Is the formation wrong (being overrun in midfield)? Or is it a combination of both?
They are worse than bad. Goals are the result of giving the ball away well up the field and then not making any sort of challenge at all.

Is anyone watching/streaming this live? Are the players really that bad? Is the formation wrong (being overrun in midfield)? Or is it a combination of both?
It is worse. Not a single player is working hard. Everyone is jogging around gently as the game passes them by. All playing too close together and no-one tracking any West Ham runs. We look like we have 9 men or less.

We appointed a failure of a manager and expected instant results? However this obsession with Tadic on the right, and Redmond on the left baffles me. Both are terrible as it is, and even worse when played on the wrong side. What Sims has done to deserve being dropped I don't know.

we have no central midfield and are two CB's are ****. The wingers aren't tracking back to help the full backs, and if we push forward our wingers get surrounded by 3 Wet Spam players before they make it to the opposition box.

The CF are getting no service at all.

Terrible. Hard to say if the formation is to blame as it is literally the basics totally gone

But the outfield players are an utter disgrace

Yes, yes and yes. We just don't look bothered really, mind you I've seen it many times before with Saints after international breaks.

I think there is something in the portugese water that causes them to have delusions of grandeur.

Cedric cannot get a cross, he is getting koeman'ed i.e ball over the top of the small right back we used to do to other teams and he is just hoofing it long to austin and gabbi to chase.

Usually missing suspects, wrong formation it looks like, I will add Rom and Boufal, remove redmond and also cedric, go three at the back and have 1 of the midfield track back to cover the cedric gap on the defense.

6 months in which he played for us what 10 times ? We are just stupid when it comes to keeping stuum when you should and not talking yourself into a corner. Krueger and Reed need to go.

That's the point, we should have sold him in the Summer and replace him, and bring in other players.

Reed should be ****ing shot.

Yeah it's just all around terrible. Worst I've seen them play since that 4-1 loss to the skates last time we got relegated from the PL.

It is worse. Not a single player is working hard. Everyone is jogging around gently as the game passes them by. All playing too close together and no-one tracking any West Ham runs. We look like we have 9 men or less.

Looks like the players are saving themselves for the semi final.

Embaressing to watch and I think it’s time to put kids on who will fight for a starting place at Wembley.

That's the point, we should have sold him in the Summer and replace him, and bring in other players.

Reed should be ****ing shot.

We also should have correctly replaced Fonte last January and in the summer. Hoedt is not good enough.

The recruitment over the last 24 months has been a sackable offence. Wilson needs to waddle off to scotland.

I'll cop some stick from some but our fans need to take some responsibility for this. Hounding out two managers without putting the blame at Reed and co where it was deserved.

Our squad sucks and no manager will change that.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Streamed.

Yes, they are that bad. Keep losing it, then not really trying hard to get it back.

No penetration when going forward, lose it easily.

Defence not really, er, defending.

I'm offski - had enough. I only do this for 2 reasons:

1. I'm inherently an unlucky person, so if I stop watching that raises Saints' chances of getting something, by an iota at least, in superstitious terms. Hope it works.

2. I didn't pay for a ticket. I pity those that did.

Really hoping we suddenly turn it around, but I can't see it now. The hope won't die until it's mathematically impossible, but it's hard to watch this happening.

Be nice if the players showed a bit of heart & urgency.

COYS!

I don't know why anyone expected anything else - we've had about half a dozen must win games in the last few months and been absolutely woeful in all of them.

It'd take a better manager than Mark Hughes to get a tune out of this bunch of pea-hearts. Did he not notice our midfield getting overrun by the mighty Wigan in the first half last time out? Beggars belief that he'd line up the same way against a top flight team.

Relegation with barely a whimper is a horrible legacy for one of the best kits we've had in years, but few of them have been fit (literally in some cases) to wear the shirt in any case.

0-3, halftime, game and season over.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

Well, that was truly shocking. Not one of our players has any confidence in their own abilities. We seem to be losing every single man to man situation which is the root cause of the collapse. This is going to be worse than one bad day if it continues this way. :(

I'll cop some stick from some but our fans need to take some responsibility for this. Hounding out two managers without putting the blame at Reed and co where it was deserved.

Our squad sucks and no manager will change that.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Don't start on that one. It isn't the fans fault.

We are absolutely totally sh*t. I don't expect to hear commentators saying that West Ham want it more and have greater commitment. What is Redmond doing on the left and Tadic on the right? I thought that what was what made Pellegrino such an imbecile. Why are we playing 4-4-2? It has allowed West Ham to dominate the midfield and get the ball forward to Arnautovic, who has been devastating. Doesn't Hughes remember his strengths and how to counter them? Get Redmond and Tadic off the pitch and replace them with somebody with more balls and more strength. Long would be a better option than Redmond, and at least give some fight.

Now that Yoshida is back, I wold have liked 5 across the back with Betrand and Cedric as wing backs. We could have had Romeu, Lemina and Hojbjerg across the middle, still allowing two up top.

Several players have been really poor, misplaced sloppy passes, second to the ball, lacking in desire.

We are going down and Hughes hasn't enough time to do anything about it, because they left the clown in place far too long.

I think that 1st half performance can be summed up by the fact that we don't even know what to do when we get a throw-in - Bertrand stands there for 10secs with the ball above his head while a few players jog around going nowhere being marked.

Clueless, spineless, pathetic. It's been a long time since I was embarrassed supporting Saints.

We also should have correctly replaced Fonte last January and in the summer. Hoedt is not good enough.

The recruitment over the last 24 months has been a sackable offence. Wilson needs to waddle off to scotland.

Hoedt would probably be OK with a decent partner. **** knows why we don't go 3 at the back when we're this poor defensively.

We are absolutely totally sh*t. I don't expect to hear commentators saying that West Ham want it more and have greater commitment. What is Redmond doing on the left and Tadic on the right? I thought that what was what made Pellegrino such an imbecile. Why are we playing 4-4-2? It has allowed West Ham to dominate the midfield and get the ball forward to Arnautovic, who has been devastating. Doesn't Hughes remember his strengths and how to counter them? Get Redmond and Tadic off the pitch and replace them with somebody with more balls and more strength. Long would be a better option than Redmond, and at least give some fight.

Now that Yoshida is back, I wold have liked 5 across the back with Betrand and Cedric as wing backs. We could have had Romeu, Lemina and Hojbjerg across the middle, still allowing two up top.

Several players have been really poor, misplaced sloppy passes, second to the ball, lacking in desire.

We are going down and Hughes hasn't enough time to do anything about it, because they left the clown in place far too long.

This.