Saints v West Ham (A) Match Thread

St Chalet

Two weeks waiting on this game. Knew we’d have to keep it tight early doors, frustrate the crowd and then pounce.

Instead we come out like a bus load of spastics on a beach trip to Bournemouth and literally gift them 2 goals and get the crowd behind them.

So utterly Saints. You can’t make this **** up.

This team should never be playing 4-4-2, particularly in a huge game like this. Our best formation is 4-5-1 but we have struggled all season to find a decent 10 who can help out in midfield and also support the lone striker. IMO, Lemina should be given that role because he dwells too much on the ball when sitting deep.Romeu should always start as he is our best defensive midfielder and he breaks up so much play. Despite all the criticism he gets, Long is our best option in games away from home. He should have started with Austin coming on if we needed a goal late on. The infatuation with 4-4-2 is something I just don't understand.

I thought that with the international break and with a lot of the squad being around to train together and with MoPe gone we might do ok today, but now my fears that we appointed the wrong man are coming to the fore. I am not about to start criticising Mark Hughes, but he has got to earn his salt now or we are down and his football management careers will be in tatters!

Nevertheless, come on Hughsey - sort this mess out!!!

Utter ********. Must win game and we're getting creamed. I guess this is going to kill whatever hope the Hughes appointment gave us.

Thanks very ****ing much Pellegrino. And Reed for appointing the charlatan in the first place.

This team should never be playing 4-4-2, particularly in a huge game like this. Our best formation is 4-5-1 but we have struggled all season to find a decent 10 who can help out in midfield and also support the lone striker. IMO, Lemina should be given that role because he dwells too much on the ball when sitting deep.Romeu should always start as he is our best defensive midfielder and he breaks up so much play. Despite all the criticism he gets, Long is our best option in games away from home. He should have started with Austin coming on if we needed a goal late on. The infatuation with 4-4-2 is something I just don't understand.
Hughes has pandered to the fans wishes, the club did getting rid of Puel and we are where we are.

The game is not over and if we can pull one back their fans will get edgy again. We've got time but we need to pull ourselves together

Have to agree..

Actually relaxed about this.Looking forward Championship football. Get rid of the plastic dinlos & tupperware fans.

Don’t disagree. Bin off 20 odd mercenary cowardly embarrassments to the shirt and all. Not seen such a bunch of complacent w*nk pots play for Saints in my entire life. The more I look at this bunch, the more I think our fans have been very lenient towards them this season. If we were WHU they’d be getting bricks thrown at their Bentleys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m gutted. Was nervous but confident Hughes would turn this around. It’s basically the same as that first half vs Wigan but with Prem strikers. Hopefully we can mount a comeback but it’s the hope that kills you.

These players are so utterly disfunctional. Who is the leader on the pitch?

Redmond is a spoilt, overrated crap player. Add value instead of posing, and sulking - sucking on your water bottle comical no hands style coming out of the tunnel. what has he done on the park - sulked and given zero.

Redmond is a spoilt, overrated crap player. Add value instead of posing, and sulking - sucking on your water bottle comical no hands style coming out of the tunnel. what has he done on the park - sulked and given zero.

Too many lazy players in the team.

Actually relaxed about this.Looking forward Championship football. Get rid of the plastic dinlos & tupperware fans.

You are a complete tool. We have hardly any plastic dinolos or tupperware fans... if anything our problem is that our main support feel totally apathetic about the club.... because of Les Reed's c6ntish ways.