Saints v West Ham (A) Match Thread

St Chalet

Surprisingly calm. Have failed the big test before we even started. Stoke fans must be laughing their heads off at the Hughes effect they predicted. Close to 50 years supporting the Saints. Unbelievable how such incompetent management of the club can kill hope and passion. Years of selling and replacing with lesser players comes home to roost.

Always pray for our survival but am now Zen about our inevitable relegation.

FA Cup a terrible distraction but we're only one hammering away from being out of that - no doubt our players will turn up for the games that don't count.

All season, mediocrity has been rewarded. Bar Redmond, who seems to be singled out, players who have been constantly underperforming have been selected week in, week out. The likes of Cedric and Bertrand know they will play every game, so a bad performance doesn't appear to bother them and it certainly doesn't affect their chances of selection. Contrastingly, when players look good and in form, they get dropped from the side. Hojbjerg and Ward-Prowse have been dropped whilst looking good and it all seems just a little ridiculous.

Another pointless performance from Redmond.

Wasn't this always going to be the case with him ?

Two previous relegations on his CV, and not a regular starter for Norwich, yet Reed splashes £10m on the tw^t, no doubt believing he could turn that into £35m in a couple of years. No, the bloke is sh!t, and has taken a living out of looking promising as a teenager once upon a time at Birmingham.

Luckily we have Arsenal and Chelsea up next.

It'll take a brave man to see us as anything other than relegation fodder now.

It might sound silly, but I'd rather play them next than another relegation contender as we can't (or rather, won't) match the sides near the bottom for effort and determination.

Edited by SaintAndy14

OK, but we’re going to have to get a win from Arsenal or Chelsea. I’m normally optimistic but I’m struggling to see that happening.
Not necessarily. Bournemouth, Leicester, Swansea and Everton still to play

No chance against Chelsea with our defence. In either game

OK, but we’re going to have to get a win from Arsenal or Chelsea. I’m normally optimistic but I’m struggling to see that happening.

This game will mark almost 2 years since we last beat a top 6 side in the league.

Got a funny feeling we will pinch this one*

*cheeky insurance bet placed just in case

COYS

Hughsie needs to hold up a blank sheet of paper and say, “this is the teamsheet for Arsenal”, you have to earn your way into it during the week. Then ****ing stick to it and put in hard working reserves if need be. Too many of this shower know they can walk into the team with no effort and then walk during the game. Disgraceful.