Saints v West Ham (A) Match Thread

St Chalet

there were loads on here who were calling for it, they wont own up now of course.

Well, I'm a fan of 2 strikers - I suppose 4-4-2 is one way to fit that in.

However, I'm not knowledgeable enough to know whether it would work at the top level or not.

It seems not, for us.

Whispering Dave on Solent having spent weeks banging about two up front is now complaining about us not getting hold of the ball in midfield..

It was fine to do it at Wigan as a sign of attacking intent, but even that first half showed why it isn't a good idea. Pretty sure I, and many others, said afterwards "we won't be able to play that way in the Premier League", and so it is proving.

However, I'm not knowledgeable enough to know whether it would work at the top level or not.

It seems not, for us.

It doesn’t matter if we have one, two or three up front, we are just not good enough.

When you think of the magnitude of this game the players are very tame, says Charlie in the Sky studio. Cannot believe Hughes hasn't motivated them. What a bunch of tossers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It seems not, for us.

Four-four- ****ing -two

c158df5c44d0b14749071eaa9360bdba.jpg

That’ll do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

People can't expect commitment - the players are sold the club on the fact that the club is a stepping stone. Why would they be committed, especially when they are the lack of investment in the team.
Because without a committed, quality performance There's no upward move for them anyway.

Sent from my SM-J330FN using Tapatalk

It doesn’t matter if we have one, two or three up front, we are just not good enough.

Except it does matter. If you don't have very good players you can still keep it tight by packing midfield and making the opposition work hard for space and opportunities.