Arsenal vs Southampton build up thread

SNSUN

Gone full circle, reminds me of our first trip to the Emirates in September 2012 , 6-1 defeat I think Yoshida came on to make his debut, we were all over the place. Danny Fox was our goal scorer that day!

Yes I was at that game, I think it was Ramirez debut but might be wrong. Awful day, sat in Arsenal end with cousin an Arsenal season ticket holder, had to keep stum for obvious reasons which wasnt hard to do considering our display. Awful day, left after four and sat it out on concourse.

Wouldn't be surprised by a similar scoreline

I think the key to the game will be how long we can stop them scoring. Stay tight and frustrate them well into the second half and we have a slim chance of nicking something. If they score early doors our confidence will seep through our boots and we have no chance of recovery.

I think this is last chance saloon in order to get any confidence back into the players, blow this and we're down without a fight.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

I think the key to the game will be how long we can stop them scoring. Stay tight and frustrate them well into the second half and we have a slim chance of nicking something. If they score early doors our confidence will seep through our boots and we have no chance of recovery.

I think this is last chance saloon in order to get any confidence back into the players, blow this and we're down without a fight.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

A major flaw in the plan there. You could drive a bus through the space our CBs leave at the back and we better hope we don't get a corner otherwise Arsenal will score on the break..

If we can get a corner and either a) make a decent attempt on goal or b) not have the other team break and score then that is progress.

We’ve been down for weeks. The body language of the players shows that. They’re shot.

I’m hoping for the best but expecting the worst. We’ll probably keep Arsenal at bay for about 4 minutes and it’ll be game over after 20. The score will depend on just how much energy Arsenal can be bothered to spend on us.

I will be amazed if we get anything from the game tomorrow.

I fear another capitulation.

I just see no fight from any player in our side.

Gutless,spineless and no leadership.

Any fight has been eroded by Pellegrino.

I actually dislike most of the players wearing the Saints shirt.

Never have I felt that before....and I’m old.

And I have pure hatred for the hierarchy at the club and the way this slide has been allowed to happen.

We had a huge opportunity to push on...instead,we were mugged off.

I enjoyed lge 1 and the Championship....but we should not be heading back there when it was unavoidable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do we think Austin will start? Personally not sure he should as we aren’t likely to actually create any chances for him. Almost better off with Long defending from the front.

I'd have both but not in a noddy 442. Have Long running down the right channel of a front three, Austin in the middle and Boufal or Sims on the left. Romeu, Lemina and JWP in midfield.

I'm going for a Saints win. Get physical and the Arse don't like it. Sparky will have geed them up for tomorrow. We're due an upset against the upper class and this could be it.

Whatever you're drinking, I'll have a pint of it.

Bring me my bow of burning gold!

Bring me my arrows of desire!

Bring me my spear: o clouds unfold!

Bring me my chariots of fire!

I will not cease from mental fight;

Nor shall my sword sleep in my hand

Till we have built Jerusalem

On St. Mary's green and sacred land.

I'd have both but not in a noddy 442. Have Long running down the right channel of a front three, Austin in the middle and Boufal or Sims on the left. Romeu, Lemina and JWP in midfield.

Would not have Boufal anywhere near the team as he is clearly in the cannot be arsed camp.

Forget theoretical ability. Get the grafters in the team, and keep them in to the end of the season. If Tadic or Redmond are selected I expect to see them bleeding out of their eyes by the end of the game. I will be gutted if I see the same Showpony 11 we saw at West Ham. Pied, Mcqueen, Romeu, Davis, JWP, Sims, Yoshida, Long, Austin = all workers.

Forget theoretical ability. Get the grafters in the team, and keep them in to the end of the season. If Tadic or Redmond are selected I expect to see them bleeding out of their eyes by the end of the game. I will be gutted if I see the same Showpony 11 we saw at West Ham. Pied, Mcqueen, Romeu, Davis, JWP, Sims, Yoshida, Long, Austin = all workers.

Exactly. Let’s at least go down with some fight ffs.

Spot on,

After hearing Hughes comments last week against West Ham he needs to go with it.

Pied? Jesus.

Aren't we holding Romeu back in case he picks up another booking ahead of an amnesty that will cancel some of those existing ?

Perhaps a false economy given our position.

I think today might be the cut off for 10yellows being a suspension- read somewhere that it was usually the second Sunday in April.

Predicting a comfortable win for Arsenal, there seems to be no fight or desire in our team like they still think they are too good to go down.

I've watched Palace a few times and even though their recent form is not great their effort and work rate is still there and they deserve to be further ahead of us than they actually are. Even Stoke have shown more fight than us and they are further off the pace.

Hopefully Hughes will mix things up but I fear it is too late. It does seem that the only players who give a **** are the likes of Austin, JWP, Yoshida and Long. I'd play all of them today. At least they will be decent in the Championship for us.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I think today might be the cut off for 10yellows being a suspension- read somewhere that it was usually the second Sunday in April.

Today is the last match for a 2 match suspension, but it is no longer a DATE it is now set by the number of games i.e. 32 PL games or 37 for FL.

http://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/discipline/suspensions then select "One Caution Away and then go down to the rules

Hope this happens!

MH does seem the type to me, to ‘ring the changes’

It’s actually spelt ‘Pie Jesu’....

(mods: please note this as the first and probably last ever use of a Latin-based joke on saints web. I thank you.)

A Roman walks into a bar and asks for a Martinus.

"Don't you mean a Martini?" asks the barman.

"If I wanted a double I would have asked for it!" he replied.

Aren't we holding Romeu back in case he picks up another booking ahead of an amnesty that will cancel some of those existing ?

Perhaps a false economy given our position.

But why would we do that (or any other team with players in same position)? Effectively suspend him ourself to avoid an imposed suspension that may never happens? Makes no sense.

Yep, definitely want to see work horses not show ponies for the rest of this season. 'Tis our only hope.