Pardew

Polaroid Saint

What's the problem, we can get rid of Hughes and get Pardew in tomorrow. This is the new modern way....

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

The problem is they both have a proven recent record of failure. Why clubs keep hiring managers like Hughes and Pardew, God only knows. They are clearly the worst managers in the league. There are plenty of better up and coming managers outside the Premier League, like Paul Cook, with a recent record of success, as well as many others in top leagues around Europe, like Ralph Hasenhüttl and Javier Calleja. Look at where Sean Dyche came from. Experience shows it is best to steer clear of managers whose careers are on a downward trajectory.

I hope this thread is tongue in cheek.

Pardew is legitimately a worse Premier League manager than Hughes.

Yep. Tongue lodged firmly in cheek. Just a comment on the ridiculousness of the manager merry-go-round AND Saints recently actions in particular.

Nordic sums it up nicely.

I'd say Pardew failed with Saints in 2009/10. Sure winning the JPT was nice, but it is the league that matters. Pardew managed a League One team with Lambert, Lallana, Schneiderlin, Fonte, Puncheon, Antonio etc and finished 7th and only got enough points if you add the 10 point deduction back on for 5th place. Even with the 10 point deduction Saints with that squad really should have made the playoffs, Leeds managed to get in the League 1 playoffs with a -15 point deduction 2 years earlier so it is possible.

Edited by Matthew Le God

I'd say Pardew failed with Saints in 2009/10. Sure winning the JPT was nice, but it is the league that matters.

Just as Pelligrino became distracted by FA Cup and now Hughes?

Pardew also had that away win in the Cup with WBA at Liverpool in January and seemed to get over confident at WBA following that.