Tadic, "We are ashamed and it's all our fault"

Norm

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5567927/Dusan-Tadic-admits-feels-ashamed-Southamptons-heavy-defeat-West-Ham.html

So says a player that has never won a 50/50 tackle in his life and I go as far as to write, would lose out against my 6 year old granddaughter. Please don't think I'm just venting my anger at just him, he is just one of the shower that needs some BALLS!

Yet another feeble apology. This time from one of our regular non-performers.

Just f^cking perform on the pitch, not interested in the post match soul searching, and the "boys will give it 110% to make amend".

Echoes of regular Lundekvam interviews in 2005.

I'll accept their apology if they go out and perform against Arsenal. We're all expecting a defeat but at least put in a decent performance, show the fans something where we can at least believe we might have a chance of staying up. Otherwise, it's just empty sentiments that mean nothing.

I don’t expect Tadic to be brave in tackles or headers, I don’t expect him to go flying around the pitch winning 50/50 that’s not his game. I do expect him to be brave on the ball, to be brave in showing for the ball in tight spaces, and be brave in possession, he’s been none of these for months and months. Him and Boufal have enough quality to get us out of this mess, but neither are man enough to do so. Times up, as far as I’m concerned.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well take some responsibility and grow a pair and actually fight for the colours.... Fed up with these overpaid tits being picked on a weekly basis for them to put in a half assed performance... Feel sorry for the fans having to endure such a bunch of wet towels running around the pitch. Whatever happened to bravery he who dares.... You are 2~0 down who cares pull your socks up and keep chasing that ducking ball!

Fans don't want to hear at the end of the match you are ashamed, fans want to see players with heart and passion and pride to put on the Saints colours...

Time for these clowns to be benched and to bring through some youth players...

According to a report in the Mirror he was almost in tears.I know how he feels because for the past 20 odd games I feel exactly the same with his non appearance for most of the game and his falling over is laughable.If I had my way he wouldn't even be on the bench until he grows a pair.Saturdays fiasco is yet another reason to kick some of the lazy bastards into touch for a while.Come on Sparky,lets see some fight.I hate losing but to surrender to what I see is weak opposition (my 11 years old grandsons team could have thrashed them on Saturday) because Wet Spam are not a better team by any measure.

I don’t expect Tadic to be brave in tackles or headers, I don’t expect him to go flying around the pitch winning 50/50 that’s not his game. I do expect him to be brave on the ball, to be brave in showing for the ball in tight spaces, and be brave in possession, he’s been none of these for months and months. Him and Boufal have enough quality to get us out of this mess, but neither are man enough to do so. Times up, as far as I’m concerned.

And for when he's 5 yards from goal to be able to hit the back of the net. He's been guilty of some horrendous misses early in the season that are costing us now.

At least now the players actually realise they are in the **** and in real danger of going down. It was only a few weeks ago the thick ****s were still on about qualifying for Europe again.

That's the problem, the players aren't in danger the club is. Players like Tadic and Cedric won't be playing in the championship for long if at all. They've got a world cup to look forward, followed by a nice summer holiday and nice signing on bonus with their new teams. They don't want to get injured and couldn't care less if we went down.

An apology is fine.

An apology after a horrendous performance a few weeks after another horrendous performance is just b*llocks.

If they played to their collective ability they wouldn't need to be apologising all of the time now would they. They have been dire all season and that's not the manager's fault. Our season is down to the players and if we're relegated it's down to them as well. Oh and Les Reed.. cos I dislike him intensely.:rolleyes:

Whilst I think you’re spot on with 90% of this, I cannot agree with the last part. Especially the bit about them not being ‘man enough to do so’.

Players like Boufal and Tadic (both clearly quality players, btw) are confidence players. I don’t think people appreciate the mood in the dressing room when Puel left, it was pretty much rock bottom and unfortunately MP wasn’t good enough to improve that.

In my mind we have enough quality in our squad to comfortably be mid- upper-mid table but as a group they are all ridiculously low on confidence. However, ultimately no matter how many excuses you make, I think Tadic is spot on in that the players are to blame.

There’s just a terrible feeling around the club at the moment, from top to bottom.

Don't think tadic has been one of our worse culprits of late, at least he looks capable of holding onto the ball in tight spots sometimes turning his man three or four times, but it's more comfortable on the ball then most of our team look who just either run into trouble or take the sideways pass. He did also combine well with long to put him in a dangerous position for one of our rare highlights of the game..

Don't think tadic has been one of our worse culprits of late, at least he looks capable of holding onto the ball in tight spots sometimes turning his man three or four times, but it's more comfortable on the ball then most of our team look who just either run into trouble or take the sideways pass. He did also combine well with long to put him in a dangerous position for one of our rare highlights of the game..

Long and Tadic link up well generally.

Yet another feeble apology. This time from one of our regular non-performers.

Just f^cking perform on the pitch, not interested in the post match soul searching, and the "boys will give it 110% to make amend".

Echoes of regular Lundekvam interviews in 2005.

The whole Monday morning reaction of the club every week is almost a carbon copy of Lundekvam in 2005. They are simply sharing the load this season.

I am gobsmacked that a short decade later the club is making the same mistakes week-in week-out as it did; its like nothing was learnt from the experience.

At home to Brigton Tadic sat on the floor just outside Brighton’s penalty area waving his arms at the linesman having taken yet another pathetic fall trying to get a free kick. In the meantime 3 Brighton players attacked Bertrand with no assistance whatsoever, about 10 minutes into a huge relegation 6 pointer. How on earth he played another minute for us after that is beyond me. His time at this club is well and truly up, he’s a waste of space and numerous times has rolled on the floor whilst WE are in possession, only for us to kick it out for him and watch him get straight back to his feet when we are LOSING!! Nothing about him is endearing and i’d sooner play with 10.

Someone had to come out with something. Tadic has and fair enough, but he needs to back up his words with actions. No more falling on the floor like a ******* Jessy at the first bit of contact, no more cantering around the pitch like a show pony looking for it's hair band, no more having a go at other players when he's failing to close down players himself, no more showboating and losing the ball, no more fancy short corners routines that are as effective as a chocolate fireguard. Sunday will show how much he actually cares and how much his words have substance. If he's picked, he and his attacking midfield cohorts need to show up and put in a bloody shift as a minimum requirement.

Quite interesting to see the squad up at the kid's hospital yesterday, ev single on of them looked worn out with worry and Steve Davis looked unrecognisable... yes, seriously just take a look at the pics on the OS.

It seems to be getting to most of them except Bertie?

Poor kids, they've suffered enough.

One player who should be ashamed is VvD. Had he played properly & been professional at the start of the season we’d have 3 or 4 more points imo.

God, where do you start? If we had dropped Forster 10 games earlier we would have possibly 8 more points on the board. If we'd have sacked MP 10 games earlier, ditto. The season has been a series of terrible decisions from management.

God, where do you start? If we had dropped Forster 10 games earlier we would have possibly 8 more points on the board. If we'd have sacked MP 10 games earlier, ditto. The season has been a series of terrible decisions from management.
If we had signed a fonte replacement last January it would have given them time to bed into the team, if we had signed an attacking midfielder this January, if we had signed a vvd replacement, if we had signed a striker in January who was capable of scoring a goal...

Indeed - the whole season has been a car crash, and last season going into the season without an adequate squad, and then doing the same thing this season.

There’s a difference between poor players, poor decisions and players being unprofessional & disgraceful. FF for all his faults tried his best, Pel for all his poor decisions made them in good faith, believing them to be right. Had VvD put as much effort & dedication in as FF, we’d have been ok now. I’m not in anyway glossing over other factors, but the behaviour of our best player, his lack of professionalism & respect for the club shouldn’t be forgotten in the rush to blame Tadic, Carrillo, Long and others. They’ve clearly shown they are incapable of better performances to pick up an extra point here and there, VvD was too selfish, too much of a **** to want to do so. There’s a big difference in my eyes. I’m not even talking about now, I’m talking about the period Aug-Jan when we were paying his wages.

There’s a difference between poor players, poor decisions and players being unprofessional & disgraceful. FF for all his faults tried his best, Pel for all his poor decisions made them in good faith, believing them to be right. Had VvD put as much effort & dedication in as FF, we’d have been ok now. I’m not in anyway glossing over other factors, but the behaviour of our best player, his lack of professionalism & respect for the club shouldn’t be forgotten in the rush to blame Tadic, Carrillo, Long and others. They’ve clearly shown they are incapable of better performances to pick up an extra point here and there, VvD was too selfish, too much of a **** to want to do so. There’s a big difference in my eyes. I’m not even talking about now, I’m talking about the period Aug-Jan when we were paying his wages.

How much of our problems do you attribute to VVD? You seem to imply that if VVD had acted professionally, we'd have enough points to stay up.

Edited by shurlock

And the striker situation, and the CB situation. The list of terrible decisions goes on and on. If we go down will this be the most avoidable relegation in history?