Player of the Season

SNSUN

This will be interesting. Granted there's still time for someone to be a hero (I so want it to be Boufal), but who deserves the Saints player of the season award? Slim pickings I realise.

Wasn't there a team that gave it to the fans? That'd probably be the best outcome after the shower of shyte that our season has been. Otherwise I'd guess it's between JWP, Hojbjerg, McCarthy or Austin. I'd give it to Hojbjerg for breaking through this season and not being as turd as the rest.

Now, on to the Manager of the Season award... :lol:

This is the time when you have a 'fans' vote. So perhaps the young guy Obafemi who came on against Spurs should get it. I'd like it if no one voted for anyone but that's not going to happen, so what better than vote for someone totally random to show our contempt. To be honest, he probably has played with the most heart out of anyone anyway.

Virgil :lol:

Many a true word spoke in jest. He was our best player this season and featured in our best run of form, from September to December, including the victories against West Brom and Everton and the draws with Newcastle, Bighton, Bournemoth and Arsenal. We have missed him badly. Had he stayed, we'd probably have stayed up.

Many a true word spoke in jest. He was our best player this season and featured in our best run of form, from September to December, including the victories against West Brom and Everton and the draws with Newcastle, Bighton, Bournemoth and Arsenal. We have missed him badly. Had he stayed, we'd probably have stayed up.

The standard is so low that you're probably right, he couldn't be arsed and strolled around most of the time but was still better than the rest of the bunch.

Why the club think we were good enough to sell a £75m defender and not replace him is bordering on arrogance and complete and utter mismanagement.

There isn't a single player deserving of the accolade.

It'll probably be someone like Hojbjerg because he talks a good game though. Not that he plays it.

Surely Austin? He has one of the best goals per minute stats in the league... no mean feet in our team!

I would say it's got to be Austin, though even he would probably feel a knob for accepting any award for anything any of the players did this season (so far, anyway).

PEH suddenly started to shine like the player we all know he can be, but in the last month has been shyte again (perhaps excluding Wigan). No idea what goes on with him.

McCarthy's done fairly well, having been thrown into a team to replace a bona-fide no.1 starter who'd been shipping goals behind a crap defence. Quite a lot of pressure there, and he could have done much worse. Not saying he's been outstanding, like a Nick Pope situation, but he's done what he needed to do in a fairly toxic atmosphere.

The rest are made up of players who've been injured/not given a chance, such as JWP, Gabbi, Sims, Davis, Yoshida etc., or players who've just been shyte (consistent or otherwise) on the whole, such as Tadic, Redmond, Boufal, Lemina, Forster, Cedric, Bertrand etc.

God, what a depressing season it's been! Is it over yet?

Don't think anyone will get the opportunity to make a protest vote. The club will select 4 'candidates' (i.e least offensive players) and the one that has performed the best imitation of a 'professional' footballer will get the chance to experience the long lost feeling known as winning.

Least worst player of the season shortlist; McCarthy, Ward-Prowse, Austin, Lemina (ignoring the last 2 games).

This will be interesting. Granted there's still time for someone to be a hero (I so want it to be Boufal), but who deserves the Saints player of the season award? Slim pickings I realise.

Wasn't there a team that gave it to the fans? That'd probably be the best outcome after the shower of shyte that our season has been. Otherwise I'd guess it's between JWP, Hojbjerg, McCarthy or Austin. I'd give it to Hojbjerg for breaking through this season and not being as turd as the rest.

Now, on to the Manager of the Season award... :lol:

Fck me Hojbjerg? Cos he interviews well?